Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa > Spain - Germany (July 7) [Semi Final]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
raveed
- -

Spain - Germany (July 7) [Semi Final]

May very well turn out to be the game of the tournament.

I know the Germans are in great form right now but so far they have destroyed good teams with crap defenses.

If Spain finally do show up on Wednesday, I think they will have the Germans number and will go through. 3:1 to Espanyol.

Old Post Jul-05-2010 19:01  India
Click Here to See the Profile for raveed Click here to Send raveed a Private Message Add raveed to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zeonfiend
Nath(.tx)an McWaters

I'm thinking the Germans have got the bit in their teeth and aren't going to suffer a Spanish team that barely got past Paraguay and Portgual. 2-1, Germany.

Old Post Jul-05-2010 19:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zeonfiend Click here to Send Zeonfiend a Private Message Add Zeonfiend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by Zeonfiend
I'm thinking the Germans have got the bit in their teeth and aren't going to suffer a Spanish team that barely got past Paraguay and Portgual. 2-1, Germany.

sounds about right to me. the spanish side had too much trouble scoring against paraguay and portugal. let's be honest here - the german team has looked incredible in the back. 2-0 to the germans with a podolski goal, i hope.

Old Post Jul-05-2010 21:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
raveed
- -

quote:
Originally posted by Zeonfiend

A couple of things to consider though:

- Portugal had not conceded a goal in the world cup and had also gone without conceding in 22 of their past 26 games without conceding.

- Paraguay also have an extremely staunch defense and barring that lucky goal Italy got against them in their opening game, had also gone without conceding a goal in the world cup.

- The fact that Spain was able to breach the defenses of both the above teams shows that they have the quality to unlock even the toughest defenses. Paraguay and Portugal are primarily defensive teams while the Germans will come out to attack which can make it easier for Spain to hit them on the break.

- Thomas Mueller is suspended for the game which will be a massive blow for Germany. He really was the creative force behind a lot of their goals and is their top scorer for the tournament.

- David Villa

I think Spain will take this one.

Old Post Jul-05-2010 23:45  India
Click Here to See the Profile for raveed Click here to Send raveed a Private Message Add raveed to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Txebe
Tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
sounds about right to me. the spanish side had too much trouble scoring against paraguay and portugal. let's be honest here - the german team has looked incredible in the back. 2-0 to the germans with a podolski goal, i hope.

Too hard to score playing against 9-10 defenders! that's the reason.
Ultimately, we are a highly disciplined and capable team, stuffed full of stars, who are capable of beating any team in the world on their day.

"Tiki-Taka" vs "Teamgeist" can't wait!

Old Post Jul-06-2010 12:38  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for Txebe Click here to Send Txebe a Private Message Add Txebe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

viva espana. David Villa <3 Shame Silva & Mata aren't playing but at least the 'Navas' Experiment seems over, he spends so much time on the ground he could be a member of groundstaff.

Old Post Jul-06-2010 18:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SyncMaster
Senior tranceaddict

NED-GER for Final Match! Germans will win!

Old Post Jul-06-2010 21:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for SyncMaster Click here to Send SyncMaster a Private Message Add SyncMaster to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smcmulli
Senior tranceaddict

lol spain

Old Post Jul-06-2010 23:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for smcmulli Click here to Send smcmulli a Private Message Add smcmulli to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by Txebe
Too hard to score playing against 9-10 defenders! that's the reason.
Ultimately, we are a highly disciplined and capable team, stuffed full of stars, who are capable of beating any team in the world on their day.

"Tiki-Taka" vs "Teamgeist" can't wait!

yeah i can't wait to wake up for this game tomorrow!!!
and yeah the first 15 min or so of the 2nd half against argentina - it certainly looked like argentina was playing against 9-10 defenders haha

and smcmulli- i feel like you're some sort of spambot that registered in 2001 and is making a reappearance.

Old Post Jul-07-2010 05:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

I have to say that if Spain make the final that I'm tempted to find a cheap flight to Barca or something for sunday.

Old Post Jul-07-2010 07:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tathi
wanderlust

Germanys in trouble, Paul the psychic octupus has predicted a Spanish win... http://www.smh.com.au/world-cup-201...tml?autostart=1

Old Post Jul-07-2010 12:46  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tathi Click here to Send tathi a Private Message Add tathi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by tathi
Germanys in trouble, Paul the psychic octupus has predicted a Spanish win... http://www.smh.com.au/world-cup-201...tml?autostart=1

oh no! and this time for real.

Old Post Jul-07-2010 17:16  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa > Spain - Germany (July 7) [Semi Final]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDeep House Track [2010] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRafferty & Kershaw - "We Are Connected" (Marcos & Sunfire Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread