Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa > TA Fantasy League!
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've been subbing a few players. If one of my substitutes is playing earlier in the week than one of my first XI I'll sub him in just in case he scores an unlikely hat-trick.

It's a gamble, though: you lose the points you earned and you can't get them back.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-14-2010 20:13  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
It's a gamble, though: you lose the points you earned and you can't get them back.

alright sweet - and changing the captain do you know?
i got a whole lot of points when i selected podolski as my captain and def don't want to lose half of those

Old Post Jun-14-2010 20:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

You will lose them.

Old Post Jun-14-2010 21:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
woscar
Starstuff

quote:
I've been subbing a few players. If one of my substitutes is playing earlier in the week than one of my first XI I'll sub him in just in case he scores an unlikely hat-trick.

How did you manage to do that?

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Old Post Jun-14-2010 22:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for woscar Click here to Send woscar a Private Message Visit woscar's homepage! Add woscar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

gotcha that makes sense...

wait so is it weekly or by round - should i be thinking grand scheme of things for the group stages right now or just this week? that is do i sub out a decent player who didn't put up a lot of points in favor of the potential for a weaker player to do well in this opening game - or leave him in if i believe he'll play better in the next 2 games so i may as well hang on to the few points he has thus far?

sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to figure this all out

Old Post Jun-14-2010 22:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by woscar
How did you manage to do that?

Drag and drop from the bench over the player you want to replace. You can do this between midnight and kick-off (South African time) each day. So on the opening day I put Carlos Vela in to see if he scored a few goals, then when he didn't I dropped another striker in the next day, losing Vela's points.

This is one of the reasons why I didn't just buy eleven great players and fill the bench with shite. Unfortunately there haven't been many goals so far in the tournament, so there have been no expected hat-tricks from the lesser players.

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
wait so is it weekly or by round - should i be thinking grand scheme of things for the group stages right now or just this week? that is do i sub out a decent player who didn't put up a lot of points in favor of the potential for a weaker player to do well in this opening game - or leave him in if i believe he'll play better in the next 2 games so i may as well hang on to the few points he has thus far?

It works by round. When the first round of games has been played in every group your points go in the bank and you start again in the next round. So you can sub a player out in this round and still start him in the next one. I played Vela and then subbed him in this round, but I'll play him again in the next round, and probably sub him again.

Old Post Jun-14-2010 23:39  England
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

awesome thanks!

Old Post Jun-15-2010 02:03  United States
Renzo
where am i

Giving Luis Fabiano the captaincy proved to be the wrong move for me.

Old Post Jun-15-2010 23:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
woscar
Starstuff

quote:
Drag and drop from the bench over the player you want to replace. You can do this between midnight and kick-off (South African time) each day. So on the opening day I put Carlos Vela in to see if he scored a few goals, then when he didn't I dropped another striker in the next day, losing Vela's points.

This is one of the reasons why I didn't just buy eleven great players and fill the bench with shite. Unfortunately there haven't been many goals so far in the tournament, so there have been no expected hat-tricks from the lesser players.

Cool thanks, I figured that out but I quite misunderstood what you had said earlier. I realize now that it only works with players that haven't played yet since when I tried to substitute Terry for Lahm I couldn't.

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Old Post Jun-16-2010 00:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for woscar Click here to Send woscar a Private Message Visit woscar's homepage! Add woscar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
Giving Luis Fabiano the captaincy proved to be the wrong move for me.

Yeah, he disappointed me. If he had stayed onside for one of his chances he would have come good though. Maicon got me millions of points for his awesome goal and attacking play. Shame NK had to score a pointless consolation goal or he'd have given me four more.

Old Post Jun-16-2010 02:16  England
sensorium
Supreme tranceaddict

damn it, i suck at this.

Old Post Jun-16-2010 06:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sensorium Click here to Send sensorium a Private Message Add sensorium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
Originally posted by sensorium
damn it, i suck at this.

lol you and me both.

quote:
Originally posted by bas
Undies with a dickhole aren't good for guys. Your balls can get caught in them. That's why I prefer to go over the gate instead of through the fence.

Old Post Jun-16-2010 06:11  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for gehzumteufel Click here to Send gehzumteufel a Private Message Add gehzumteufel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa > TA Fantasy League!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStill after this early trance tune - sampled by paganini & timo maas [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOSTR - ABC [2014]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread