Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
sleepy&boo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AMMORA
wouldn't hold my breath on them getting shit sorted anytime soon...

They fired the door guy and are trying their best to make sure the vision is executed properly.

I'm pretty sure the club is not going to be making the investment they have made in their Gary Stewart sound system and their DJ bookings only to let the door guy mess it up.

Everything will come together for the place.

Old Post Nov-22-2010 21:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy&boo Click here to Send sleepy&boo a Private Message Visit sleepy&boo's homepage! Add sleepy&boo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TrancEdifice
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
People rome wasn't built in a day, every night club I have been to on opening night has always had a laundry list of problems that in time were corrected. I'm respect the opinions of the previous posters but I would refrain from labeling district anything until they have had a few party’s under their belt..

fyi I didn’t go last night b/c i knew it would be a cluster fuck.

Yea, I figured that opening night was going to result in the club being at capacity and more (and I already hate it when clubs start getiing crowded, since I like alot of space to dance, so I decided not to go. And I had wanted to, at first, when I visited the forums on Saturday and found out it was FINALLY opening (I had not visisted the forums much, recently; so much so, I had not known Sasha had been cancelled, lol. And, incidentally, I had, of course, wanted to go and see Sasha, but would have most likely cancelled because of the crowding issue, as well).
I do hope things will improve over the next few weeks and months. I want an alternative to Pacha and Websterhall (especially Pacha). I thought that the initial review of the thread was also pretty balanced; I've seen worse. Though I am bothered by having read in another review on the thread that adv tix ppl were not being in let first. Still, I suspect (and hope...despite tending to be a pessimist)that these problems will be fixed and look foward to attending soon.
Btw, what was the dresscode situation? It was a point raised on the previous District 36 thread, which I wanted to know about, as soon as the club opened.

Old Post Nov-22-2010 22:15  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for TrancEdifice Click here to Send TrancEdifice a Private Message Add TrancEdifice to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj dani lehman
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by TrancEdifice
I do hope things will improve over the next few weeks and months. I want an alternative to Pacha and Websterhall (especially Pacha). I thought that the initial review of the thread was also pretty balanced; I've seen worse. Though I am bothered by having read in another review on the thread that adv tix ppl were not being in let first. Still, I suspect (and hope...despite tending to be a pessimist)that these problems will be fixed and look foward to attending soon.
Btw, what was the dresscode situation? It was a point raised on the previous District 36 thread, which I wanted to know about, as soon as the club opened.

ok people... I was there on sat as well. And one of the first people in line. Yes the door guy was a dick. yes the list girl was retarded. What got me the most upset is this... (but before anyone jumps to conclusions on this being a bad review, I want to say I did end up having a good time)

They pushed and marketed them selves as the "anti pacha" and the "anti bottle service" venue. BULLSHIT. Take that as negative or positive I'm just being real. At 10:30 they decided that they were going to shove everyone in the line to the wall and make a GA line and bottle service line. AND the bottle service line... guess what! FULL OF GUIDOS You know... the ones that are at places that they are "trying" to separate themselves from. I personally didn't care bc I was early enough to know that we were getting in. And as long as their G doesnt end up in my drink I dont really care if there are guidos there.

As for the dress code issue. I heard the door people giving a ton of people shizz for having either sneakers on, un tucked shirts, wrinkles ect and actually pulling them out of line. When we got inside security was pretty tight and when going down stairs to pay the staff was having issues w the reduced list and I literally heard the staff say to the girls fuck the guestlist just charge $40. Which they did. Possibly bc there was still a ton of commotion with the staff at 10:45 when they started letting people in.

The staff was wayyyyyyy more flustered and aggressive than anyone that i have ever dealt with at everyone's "hated" venue Pacha. And to top it off I walked in and ordered a Redbull vodka and was charged $16 off the bat. ........ not going to comment on that....

The venue itself was def pretty cool but not mind blowing. In all honesty... (and so many people are going to hate me for saying this because you all seem to bash it), BUT (minus the speaker racks) it reminded me exactly of a mini pacha as far as floor lay out. WHICH I ENJOY because I like to be up on the mezzanine and have room to dance and actually talk to people.

It was absolutely great once inside and hanging with basically everyone and their mother and their cousin. Music was fun, I def danced my ass off! As far as the sound It was pretty damn good but towards the end it got a bit too loud and the eqing was off but it was fixed a bit.

In conclusion... I wouldn't give up on D36 just yet. I think once they are all in order and they figure out some kinks it will def be a rockin place. And to those who were SOOOOOO amped about D36 destroying webster and pacha... Just STFU and enjoy the music. Ur support at ANY of these venues keeps our scene in nyc going and also gives us locals more rooms to play in. PLUR bitches xo

Old Post Nov-23-2010 00:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dj dani lehman Click here to Send dj dani lehman a Private Message Visit dj dani lehman's homepage! Add dj dani lehman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jashic
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by dj dani lehman
ok people... I was there on sat as well. And one of the first people in line. Yes the door guy was a dick. yes the list girl was retarded. What got me the most upset is this... (but before anyone jumps to conclusions on this being a bad review, I want to say I did end up having a good time)

They pushed and marketed them selves as the "anti pacha" and the "anti bottle service" venue. BULLSHIT. Take that as negative or positive I'm just being real. At 10:30 they decided that they were going to shove everyone in the line to the wall and make a GA line and bottle service line. AND the bottle service line... guess what! FULL OF GUIDOS You know... the ones that are at places that they are "trying" to separate themselves from. I personally didn't care bc I was early enough to know that we were getting in. And as long as their G doesnt end up in my drink I dont really care if there are guidos there.

As for the dress code issue. I heard the door people giving a ton of people shizz for having either sneakers on, un tucked shirts, wrinkles ect and actually pulling them out of line. When we got inside security was pretty tight and when going down stairs to pay the staff was having issues w the reduced list and I literally heard the staff say to the girls fuck the guestlist just charge $40. Which they did. Possibly bc there was still a ton of commotion with the staff at 10:45 when they started letting people in.

The staff was wayyyyyyy more flustered and aggressive than anyone that i have ever dealt with at everyone's "hated" venue Pacha. And to top it off I walked in and ordered a Redbull vodka and was charged $16 off the bat. ........ not going to comment on that....

The venue itself was def pretty cool but not mind blowing. In all honesty... (and so many people are going to hate me for saying this because you all seem to bash it), BUT (minus the speaker racks) it reminded me exactly of a mini pacha as far as floor lay out. WHICH I ENJOY because I like to be up on the mezzanine and have room to dance and actually talk to people.

It was absolutely great once inside and hanging with basically everyone and their mother and their cousin. Music was fun, I def danced my ass off! As far as the sound It was pretty damn good but towards the end it got a bit too loud and the eqing was off but it was fixed a bit.

In conclusion... I wouldn't give up on D36 just yet. I think once they are all in order and they figure out some kinks it will def be a rockin place. And to those who were SOOOOOO amped about D36 destroying webster and pacha... Just STFU and enjoy the music. Ur support at ANY of these venues keeps our scene in nyc going and also gives us locals more rooms to play in. PLUR bitches xo

Well now. That sounds like Pacha Redux. For better or worse, I wouldn't get our hopes up that this is another Vinyl/Arc/Twilo. Those days are long long gone. Live in the now and go to the much better warehouse parties from Blkmarket that places like this. Expecting anything really different from Pacha is seriously just going to kill your expectations.

Old Post Nov-23-2010 00:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jashic Click here to Send jashic a Private Message Add jashic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yumpop
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by dj dani lehman

Dani, I know you commented on my fb about the apology I received from District 36 and you did not read my initial correspondence but you seemed to have channeled it and I agree with your last paragraph. In my msg to them, I also spoke of Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect getting the scene this far. I was more than pleased with my response from District 36. As many of you on ta know, I have been in the scene for a significant amount of time and in all my years, this is the first time an owner immediately took responsibility for the nights errors, then went above and beyond correcting them. I truly look forward to many amazing nights on their dancefloor.

In regards to the club itself, I had a tour of District 36 prior to opening. The sound system is beyond anything New York has seen before, the lighting is of the latest technology with amazing surprises to come, the flawless set up- directing you from cashier, to coat check to bar to dancefloor could not have been better, and the DJ booth is beyond fabulous. When you wait on line, be sure to look closely at the mural, an homage to the scene's past. There are way too many good things about this place to let opening night affect it. If anything, the errors of that night are simply a building block and learning experience.

Old Post Nov-23-2010 00:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yumpop Click here to Send yumpop a Private Message Add yumpop to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jaybe
Junior tranceaddict

as stated in posts above its common knowledge opening nights are clusterfucks. Hopefully they will iron the kinks out and get their staff on the same level. I'll check it out in two weeks or so...I mean it's almost a mandatory if you are in the area and reading this board.

Old Post Nov-23-2010 00:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jaybe Click here to Send jaybe a Private Message Add jaybe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

holy fuck

ain't no fuckin surprise, corporate paying for this bullshit now on the bring back even more reason to laugh at your money.

Old Post Nov-23-2010 00:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

Same thing I put on Rhythmism:

If you didn't expect some difficulties getting in, you weren't paying any attention. There was a group of about 20 of us that met up at Galway Hooker, a block away, at 7:30. We paid attention to whether there was a line, and eventually got in line around 9:30. I was inside the club at 10:45. For people saying that you got there at 10 and there were 40-50 people there, you're full of shit, because by that point, there was quite a line behind us and there were probably 40-50 people in front of me.

The staff at the door was rude, which was uncalled for. That said, I was in dark sneakers, jeans, and a t-shirt, and had no issues with criticisms about my dress. These other stories I'm hearing are ridiculous and remind me of some of the BS that I dealt with at Crobar a few times in 2004.

Once we got inside, though, I couldn't have really asked for more. I don't know why anyone that was on a "guestlist" would have expected comps, as I had no such preconceived notions. I was expecting $30-35, since pre-sales were $28 after fees. I was pleasantly surprised to pay $40 and get a free drink ticket, which made my cover less than what people with advanced tix paid. And it wasn't a drink ticket for a beer, it was whatever you wanted (Stoli & Red Bull was no issue).

I thought T+F played a good set that banged out a lot harder than I expected for an opening. Lee & Danny came on and proceeded to play really well until probably about 3, when Danny was playing some stuff that was boring me. They kept it way too slow from 3-almost 4.

For the capacity of the club, I thought the men's room had plenty of facilities (probably 10 each of urinals & stalls on the main floor). There were also bathrooms on the 2nd floor.

There's a bar on each floor, drinks weren't absurd by NYC club standards ($12 Maker's, $5 waters). There's really not a ton of bottle service areas, and most are on the 2nd floor.

Lighting was really good, imo, but sometimes I thought was a little on the bright side (though that was mostly at the beginning of the evening). Sound was pretty good, too, though there were moments when the bass sounded a little muddy on the main floor. That said, it was pretty intense and shook my whole body.

Smoking area was a mess, and they don't have a large enough corral set-up and I was told to come back in 10 minutes. Later, around 3, they weren't even letting people outside to smoke and I saw a bunch of people sneaking cigarettes inside. Hopefully that gets fixed, too.

Here you go America you are free to do as we tell you
We want your soul
Your cash, your house, your phone, your cash, your house, your life" -Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Old Post Nov-23-2010 03:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Groundhog Boy Click here to Send Groundhog Boy a Private Message Add Groundhog Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by jashic
Well now. That sounds like Pacha Redux. For better or worse, I wouldn't get our hopes up that this is another Vinyl/Arc/Twilo. Those days are long long gone. Live in the now and go to the much better warehouse parties from Blkmarket that places like this. Expecting anything really different from Pacha is seriously just going to kill your expectations.

Even the warehouse parties are on hold...but based on the GENIUS decision to switch venues for Richie Hawtin last night, they're doing JUST fine in legit locations.
Its sad that D36 had ALL THESE DAMN MONTHS to get this shit in order...especially with staffing (heard they fired the door man and much of the staff after the opening night due to all the issues--thumbs up for that b/c I'm too damn old to be pushed and shoved not by other customers, but by THE STAFF at the door) and yet Blk Market switched venues for Richie a week ago and produced one of the best parties i've ever attended...period.
My boyfriend was looked down on by the dude at the door who was playing pick and choose on which groups to bring in quickly and let cut the line...he said something along the lines of "you dressed like that (jeans, plain blue long sleeve shirt, sneakers) to a highly anticipated club opening and I dressed like THIS" as if his terrible grey turtleneck and skinny jeans made him super stylish? As if this was the next Studio 54? seriously...get over it. he got fired as well I believe :-P can't imagine why!
I watched girls in the bag check line have multiple bags of coke pulled from pockets, coke thrown in the trash can and they were let in...on what planet does that happen? yet people who bought tickets or were on specific guestlists were denied or forced to buy a bottle to gain entry...just boggles my mind.
Few of my friends who got in said they were FORCED to check their coats and that line was disorganized and overwhelming...
so many little details just blown that there was AMPLE time to go over, train staff on, organize, etc. So I don't support those of you who say "oh it was opening night..give em a break, Rome wasn't built in a day, etc" b/c the collaborators of this club are supposedly seasoned vets of the scene and SHOULD have their heads on straight. Some of this stuff is just common sense in ANY type of event planning.

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Nov-23-2010 04:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Thero40
Do it! Do it!

quote:

I watched girls in the bag check line have multiple bags of coke pulled from pockets, coke thrown in the trash can and they were let in...on what planet does that happen?

This happened at Crobar all the time.

Old Post Nov-23-2010 04:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Thero40 Click here to Send Thero40 a Private Message Visit Thero40's homepage! Add Thero40 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by Thero40
This happened at Crobar all the time.

I can understand being tight on searching people given the issues with the NYPD lately, but I gotta wonder..if you're just throwing full bags of coke into a trash bag, who's going back into the club later to sell them back to people lol

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Nov-23-2010 04:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Thero40
Do it! Do it!

quote:
I can understand being tight on searching people given the issues with the NYPD lately, but I gotta wonder..if you're just throwing full bags of coke into a trash bag, who's going back into the club later to sell them back to people lol

Yea i remember the searchers at Crobar were like robots, if they found stuff on you they didnt even say anything just threw it in the trash and moved on to the next person, no time to even ask or bother you cause of the lines.

Old Post Nov-23-2010 04:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Thero40 Click here to Send Thero40 a Private Message Visit Thero40's homepage! Add Thero40 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackmillenium [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Pressure - Airborne [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread