Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > THE OFFICIAL EURO 2012 Thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Xavier Moriarty
one man only, 8 swords

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
Most people have no problem separating football from a political &/or historical context, but like everything else, you have a few bad seeds that ruin it for the bunch.

i strongly disagree with that statement, with all due respect !! as fucked up as it may sound, its the exact opposite

Old Post Jun-13-2012 02:45  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for Xavier Moriarty Click here to Send Xavier Moriarty a Private Message Add Xavier Moriarty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

quote:
LOL

So did Nazi Germany, but you won't see anyone forget about that anytime soon. Most people have no problem separating football from a political &/or historical context, but like everything else, you have a few bad seeds that ruin it for the bunch. Like you said earlier I believe, European attitudes are somewhat closed off, especially in poorer eastern countries and those that comprised the iron curtain. Some people are still bitter, and nationalism runs deep. For some, these tournaments are nothing more than an opportunity to take out their frustrations and exercise an unhealthy amount of nationalism. It's the sad truth.

I completely agree with you - the mentality and misplaced "partiotism" - read "fanatism" - just ruin things for everyone

considering that Russo/Polish relationship has been more than tense lately, today was a such a horrible move on Russian fans' part - someone needs to appologize, and fast!

then we have Ukrainians with their racism bs - every day is something new :\

And leave this world behind...

Old Post Jun-13-2012 02:46  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for FunkyCrew Click here to Send FunkyCrew a Private Message Add FunkyCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

i don't think russian have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all.

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew
I completely agree with you - the mentality and misplaced "partiotism" - read "fanatism" - just ruin things for everyone

considering that Russo/Polish relationship has been more than tense lately, today was a such a horrible move on Russian fans' part - someone needs to appologize, and fast!

then we have Ukrainians with their racism bs - every day is something new :\

although i disagree with doing a russian day celebrations in the downtown area of warsaw from every report i've read and from all the videos i've seen it was polish hooligans that were atacking russian fans, it was just anyone wearing a russian flag or a scarf. i don't think russians have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all..

0:40 second?

what is there to apologize for?

Last edited by geroin on Jun-13-2012 at 02:58

Old Post Jun-13-2012 02:52  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

it's obviously the fact that they decided to do this as it triggered all the hooligans on other side
any way I look at it, they had it coming, and also - was this the whole point? Provoking the Poles?

Old Post Jun-13-2012 02:57  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for FunkyCrew Click here to Send FunkyCrew a Private Message Add FunkyCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

Re: i don't think russian have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all.

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
although i disagree with doing a russian day celebrations in the downtown area of warsaw from every report i've read and from all the videos i've seen it was polish hooligans that were atacking russian fans, it was just anyone wearing a russian flag or a scarf. i don't think russians have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all..

0:40 second?

what is there to apologize for?

this about it - if Polish decided to do this in Moscow, would the outcome be any different?

Old Post Jun-13-2012 02:59  Ukraine
LightsOut
Antagonist

Re: i don't think russian have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all.

quote:
hooligans

This is the problem. Take the nationalities out of it. They're just ignorant thugs looking for an excuse to fight.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Last edited by LightsOut on Jun-13-2012 at 03:04

Old Post Jun-13-2012 02:59  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
it's obviously the fact that they decided to do this as it triggered all the hooligans on other side
any way I look at it, they had it coming, and also - was this the whole point? Provoking the Poles?

i don't think anyone wanted to provoke anything, they did that right before the game and wanted to march all the way to the stadium to watch the game right after, that was the original plan.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 03:00  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: i don't think russian have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all.

quote:
this about it - if Polish decided to do this in Moscow, would the outcome be any different?

again i don't think russians hate polish people at all, don't think it would be the same.

quote:
This is the problem. Take the nationalities out of it. They're just looking for an excuse to fight.

it's true but as you can see see masked men (hooligans) are attacking regular folk, not other hooligans. Yes hooligans do clash all the time but why attacking random people on the streets?

Old Post Jun-13-2012 03:04  Russia
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

quote:
i don't think anyone wanted to provoke anything, they did that right before the game and wanted to march all the way to the stadium to watch the game right after, that was the original plan.

first of all - who gave them the right to march in a foreign country? What sort of attitude is this? The holiday has nothing to do with Poland
second of all - it was obviously a plan to bite their thumbs at Polish - I severly doubt it that they assumed that marching in the middle of Warsaw would go unnoticed by people who either dislike the Russians or just people looking to start trouble

honestly, this ain't some happy pride parade kinda march

oh and these videos will always be biased.. depending which side they were filmed on

Old Post Jun-13-2012 03:06  Ukraine
LightsOut
Antagonist

Re: Re: Re: i don't think russian have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all.

quote:
it's true but as you can see see masked men (hooligans) are attacking regular folk, not other hooligans. Yes hooligans do clash all the time but why attacking random people on the streets?

Yup I hear you, this is why this whole situation is especially fucked up, and looks bad on the Poles. Usually, theirs an unwritten code, you only go after other ultras, and leave the casual supporters alone.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Jun-13-2012 03:07  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

Re: Re: Re: i don't think russian have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all.

quote:
again i don't think russians hate polish people at all, don't think it would be the same.

exactly - but some Polish dislike Russians and every school kid knows that - these tensions go way back

so how was this a smart idea in any way? "Oh hey we're Russian, we can do whatever we want in another country just cos it's a holiday back at home" - I'm sorry but that's so typical

Old Post Jun-13-2012 03:08  Ukraine
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
oh and these videos will always be biased.. depending which side they were filmed on

find me unbiased videos, i'll gladly watch them.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 03:08  Russia

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > THE OFFICIAL EURO 2012 Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDave Seaman @maxima FM 18.03.06 Track ID PLS äI [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAbove & Beyond - World On Fire (Maor Levi Remix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread