Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > Producers thread
Pages (48): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ONION
How Emotional : \

quote:
Originally posted by eRRaTiK
g0t David DeAngelo?

I searched that website you just posted for the name - The Elusive Obvious.... however I came up with nothing... I actually thought my title was original and um clever... Nonetheless I will change it if someone else has used it : )

quote:
Im curious to know once you have completed a track that you yourself have made, what do you do then? Like do you send it to a record label and hope that it will get signed or what?????

My music is basically for me, my friends and family... I'm not looking to get signed. Im more inclined to start my own label than get signed by someone else : )

Old Post Apr-02-2006 11:19  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for ONION Click here to Send ONION a Private Message Add ONION to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

quote:
Originally posted by ONION
I searched that website you just posted for the name - The Elusive Obvious.... however I came up with nothing... I actually thought my title was original and um clever... Nonetheless I will change it if someone else has used it : )

nah don't change it. I thought that you had read some of DeAngelo's work on dating and his references to Moshe Feldenkrais's notion of the "elusive obvious", which goes on about "simple, fundamental notions of our daily life that through habit become elusive".

so yeah, it's cool so stick with it.

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Apr-02-2006 12:31  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MiSSyM
xxx

hahahaha Onion
quote:
I'm not looking to get signed. Im more inclined to start my own label than get signed by someone else : )

Thats a good outlook but Im sure it would be hard work!

Also I know you put your tracks up here to share and maybe get other peoples opinions, but really whatever feedback you get, yeh take it into account, BUT REALLY I WOULDNT CHANGE MY TRACK IF I WAS CONTENT WITH IT AND SOMEONE ELSE WASNT!

(keep the basslines pumpin ok) hahahahahahhhaa

Old Post Apr-03-2006 12:52  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for MiSSyM Click here to Send MiSSyM a Private Message Visit MiSSyM's homepage! Add MiSSyM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rez
infected

Love Poundin' Sensation

hey begic none of your samples are working, help me out bud

and besides NFX, I'm assuming local hard-trance producers are rare as fuk?

Old Post Apr-03-2006 20:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for rez Click here to Send rez a Private Message Visit rez's homepage! Add rez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

rezky - donno why, this is the most recent:

www.aesthetic-music.com/aesthetic-1...sample-cut).mp3

i'd say he'd be the only one, its time for you to break the mould

http://www.wtfnews.org

Old Post Apr-03-2006 23:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aesthetic Click here to Send Aesthetic a Private Message Add Aesthetic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ONION

quote:
Originally posted by MiSSyM
hahahaha Onion

Thats a good outlook but Im sure it would be hard work!

Also I know you put your tracks up here to share and maybe get other peoples opinions, but really whatever feedback you get, yeh take it into account, BUT REALLY I WOULDNT CHANGE MY TRACK IF I WAS CONTENT WITH IT AND SOMEONE ELSE WASNT!

(keep the basslines pumpin ok) hahahahahahhhaa

The comments about the bassline in this thread werent about the "musical content" of the bassline... It was about how its MIXED in the track. I would NEVER EVER in a million fucking years change something 'musically' about my music because someone doesnt like it... If you knew me you would understand : )

I would however change my track, so that it can be played on any sort of speakers... Therefore that means making my tracks less bass heavy

Old Post Apr-03-2006 23:59  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for ONION Click here to Send ONION a Private Message Add ONION to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rez
infected

Love Poundin' Sensation

neat track begz, very technically solid

i've got a remix of a fave nirvana song in the works, i'll try upload as soon as i fix the audio clipping issues

Old Post Apr-04-2006 02:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for rez Click here to Send rez a Private Message Visit rez's homepage! Add rez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

awesome rez, as soon as its ready give us all a sneak peek =)

Old Post Apr-04-2006 04:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aesthetic Click here to Send Aesthetic a Private Message Add Aesthetic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MiSSyM
xxx

ahhaha Onion

Ohhh Nirvana track! sounds good Rez I wanna hear too!

Begic that little clip sounds good! How long did it take to make?
So when you are finished a track do you give it to a label or what?
What Im trying to really say is, how can you make money from it?

Old Post Apr-04-2006 06:39  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for MiSSyM Click here to Send MiSSyM a Private Message Visit MiSSyM's homepage! Add MiSSyM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

Thanks MissyM, im actually collaborating the rest of the song with a friend of mine so it should sound a bit different at the end. That one took me a couple of days.

In terms of labels, I think serp can testify you dont make much money in trance, we really do it to write mint tunes

Old Post Apr-04-2006 08:52 
MiSSyM
xxx

So have any of you had any djs play any of your tracks?
And if yes, did you send your track to the dj to hear or what?

So if you made a track and it was a hit, are you saying you basically would get no money for it, but im assuming you would get popular yeh?

How does it all work?

Old Post Apr-05-2006 08:14  Croatia
ONION

quote:
Originally posted by MiSSyM

So if you made a track and it was a hit, are you saying you basically would get no money for it, but im assuming you would get popular yeh?

How does it all work?

Who gives two fucks about popularity... If I write a track and a DJ says - 'Hey I wanna play it, its cool'... All good, but at the end of the day who really cares. If I write music for "popularity" or so that I have some kind of status then I would be in producing for the wrong reasons...

As for your question... Some producers give DJs their tracks out to promote their music ( for free )... What the DJ gets out of it is - he has a rare copy of a cool track... A track that other 'competing' DJs wont have... More people are inclined to go and see the DJ with the cool promos play because the music he plays is always new and fresh... than someone who keeps playing anthems or someone who copys other DJ's tracklists

Old Post Apr-05-2006 10:53  Australia

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > Producers thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (48): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBeautiful Melody, Help ID [2005] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDarude - "Out Of Control" (Back For More) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread