Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X

http://crackberry.com/exclusive-fir...y-10-superphone

they should have gone with the "London" concept design.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Feb-01-2012 17:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

Also here is the petition to get SKYPE on Playbook.

Skype Playbook Petition

Old Post Feb-01-2012 20:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

PlayBook OS 2.0 released this morning at 5am EST... already upgraded about 30 of them at work. Looks slick, minimal issues with the update.

You're gonna need to reset your APP WORLD cache (ALT RST) for Bridge or Facebook to appear if you don't see it.

Modern Combat 2 was also avail for free yesterday on App World, dunno if it is today.

Dumping stuff of my PlayBook now and doing a clean reload and security wipe to start fresh...

The Bridge Remote is awesome! I still need to figure out how to use the BlackBerry as a Bluetooth keyboard for the PS3, but I've seen a video of it done! That's neat!

Old Post Feb-21-2012 18:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Pretty overwhelming.... the remote feature is great! Love how now my Google/Gmail account it synced between web, outlook, PlayBook and BlackBerry Bold! Seamless!

Still looking around in Appworld to find the Android apps, they're in there, just hidden.

Like the new keyboard, smaller and sleek.

Still need to do some testing tho.

Old Post Feb-21-2012 22:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

I've been using 2.0 for some time now. It's great. I suggest you make use of "word complete" feature. It'll increase your typing speed, it just takes getting used to.

I haven't had a chance to use the remote control, but I think it's really useful when you're doing power point presentations.

The android apps have to be specially packaged for the palybook, so there's only some up there right now and it'll take time to get the other ones.

I've been playing Monopoly for the last few days :S

Old Post Feb-22-2012 00:05  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Still no support for the AC3 audio of videos!!!

Where is the word complete option?

Also I liked how when inputting with the keyboard for passwords or some other fields, you see the numbers in the home row, but other times you still need to switch over to the number keypad.

I liked it on the top...

Old Post Feb-22-2012 00:39  Canada
LKD
Omni-peasant

so I was using 2.0 beta + Honeycomb loader to run android apps and market place...was iffy about upgrading wondering if it would affect this....then logic kicked in and i realized that once installed, it wouldnt kick it off and voila... HCLupdater/android still works fine.

as for the PS3 remote, thanks to the fine folks at crackberry, I successfully used it just now.

Instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rks-ps3-700487/

Old Post Feb-22-2012 02:16  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
so I was using 2.0 beta + Honeycomb loader to run android apps and market place...was iffy about upgrading wondering if it would affect this....then logic kicked in and i realized that once installed, it wouldnt kick it off and voila... HCLupdater/android still works fine.

as for the PS3 remote, thanks to the fine folks at crackberry, I successfully used it just now.

Instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rks-ps3-700487/

Maybe in the future I will go Honeycomb... is there much of a difference? What advantages were there?

I tried that PS3 thing, didn't work. But then again, even if it did, I couldn't be bothered to do that many steps each time I wanted to use the keyboard.

Probably just leave my Bluetooth keyboard that I had for my PlayBook at home now since my 9900 acts at the keyboard.

Anyone found any interesting apps yet?

I found Taptu...

Old Post Feb-22-2012 02:25  Canada
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Maybe in the future I will go Honeycomb... is there much of a difference? What advantages were there?

I tried that PS3 thing, didn't work. But then again, even if it did, I couldn't be bothered to do that many steps each time I wanted to use the keyboard.

Probably just leave my Bluetooth keyboard that I had for my PlayBook at home now since my 9900 acts at the keyboard.

Anyone found any interesting apps yet?

I found Taptu...

Well you can run the android market for one if you have the honeycomb loader...it's basically a full on OS within the playbook OS

with access to the market place you don't need to repackage android apps as .bar files which, let's face it, we're not smart enough to do.

Not all android apps are compatible within honeycomb but what I'm using quite frequently that's android are:
-remoteRDP (way better than any RDP client on the playbook including the one I paid for)
-google sky (hey..you have a magnetometer...USE IT)
-google maps with navigation (haven't really gone mobile with it though)
-stumpleupon (do I need to explain?)
-dropbox (cos box is crappy)
-TouchOSC (FREE MIDI CONTROLLER, YO!!!)

Old Post Feb-22-2012 02:43  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

I got this working earlier today http://crackberry.com/how-sync-mult...kberry-playbook

Multiple Google calendars on your PlayBook.

INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE

Old Post Feb-24-2012 00:28  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Do i've also noticed that there is a bunch of people out there "bar'n" android apps themselves and sideloading them onto their PlayBook with great success...

I wonder (hope) that eventually there will a cool forum or place to get these android apps that are not avail in AppWorld, but in MarketPlace and have the ability to DL the bar and sideload it ourselves.

Sideload KINDLE http://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...awesome-701908/

Other Android Apps Sideloaded http://forums.crackberry.com/playbo...p-world-700989/

Old Post Feb-24-2012 21:48  Canada
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Do i've also noticed that there is a bunch of people out there "bar'n" android apps themselves and sideloading them onto their PlayBook with great success...

I wonder (hope) that eventually there will a cool forum or place to get these android apps that are not avail in AppWorld, but in MarketPlace and have the ability to DL the bar and sideload it ourselves.

Sideload KINDLE http://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...awesome-701908/

Other Android Apps Sideloaded http://forums.crackberry.com/playbo...p-world-700989/

there's a comprehensive list of bars on this site... http://playbookbars.com/ Ive tried it out but prefer just jumping into Honeycomb and just running them through there. seem more stable.

Old Post Feb-27-2012 23:05  United Arab Emirates

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWaiting 2 YEARS to ID- Astrid played this track @ TranceEnergy 2000..Vocal= The Trip? [2002] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCJ Stone - Shining Star (CJ Stone's Club Mix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread