Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Coolest event Toronto has ever seen?
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
kotsy

Coolest event Toronto has ever seen?

Man, I can't believe I was cottaging this past weekend while this was happening at the abandoned power plant by Cherry Beach.

When it was originally announced I drooled at the thought of partying inside the space but shrugged my shoulders after seeing the lineup. Normally I would've went just for the venue but agreed to a cottage trip not even realizing it was the same weekend. Turns out one of side rooms in the basement has a few hours of Berghain style techno :'( A friend of mine said the venue was even better than Berghain and Tresor

Biggest fail since missing Daft Punk @ Arrow Hall.

I hope this will be a yearly event by the same people because I don't know if other promoters will pay as much attention to detail as them.

Event Review: http://www.blogto.com/music/2015/06...sts_in_toronto/

Photo Gallery: http://www.blogto.com/slideshows/un...l-toronto/6519/

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Last edited by kotsy on Jun-23-2015 at 04:22

Old Post Jun-23-2015 04:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smuncky
Architect

it wasn't the basement. just a huge room separate from the rest of the huge open space. i spent 3 hours there and time flew by. it was really an amazing place. if someone with a vision takes it over, this could be our Tate.

"The best car-related innovation we have is not to improve the car, but eliminate the need to drive it everywhere we go.” -Alex Steffen

Old Post Jun-23-2015 11:02  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for smuncky Click here to Send smuncky a Private Message Visit smuncky's homepage! Add smuncky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

Fuck, I would have loved this space. I have been to a few random parties like this in Germany. Very very cool experience with dark techno/experience.

Old Post Jun-23-2015 12:41  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

mostly atom heart/ atom tm playing techno lol. the party in detroit was the similar but there were rusty stairs and walk ways to get to a second floor

edit: i was going to say brr because of the usage of the word 'cool'

Old Post Jun-23-2015 15:56  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

Did you take any photos, Alex??

Old Post Jun-23-2015 17:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Wish I went to this... pics look amazing

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jun-23-2015 18:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

Anyone who missed this event failed spectacularly. I warned you all.

Old Post Jun-24-2015 00:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Nice space

Definitely has the potential for big things.

Old Post Jun-24-2015 02:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
Anyone who missed this event failed spectacularly. I warned you all.

You didn't warn me!

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Nice space

Definitely has the potential for big things.

Hopefully these events continue for a long time. I heard the building is for sale so who knows what plans any potential buyer may have.

Old Post Jun-24-2015 02:47  Canada
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
You didn't warn me!

Hopefully these events continue for a long time. I heard the building is for sale so who knows what plans any potential buyer may have.

From what i read last year some developers wanted to turn it into an ice rink or sports arena.

Old Post Jun-24-2015 03:02  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:

Hopefully no one buys it for a long time, then.

I imagine it's tough to find a space like this in NA and transform it into a continually running Berlin-esque club or even event space.

If someone could pull it off, that would be pretty fucking dope.

But yea, I could be talking out of my ass. I have no clue about the people behind this or what the politics in the city are like.

A man can dream, right?

Old Post Jun-24-2015 03:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smuncky
Architect

quote:
Did you take any photos, Alex??

i was kicking myself all night about not bringing it.

i asked about bringing it earlier in the day and it was posted that no cameras were allowed. not knowing how security would be, i didn't want to risk the chance of getting turned away at the door.

i get to the line, only thing they did was scan your ticket and a guy asked if i was going to be drinking tonight and then gave me a wristband w/o checking my ID. while walking around, I see lots of people w/ cameras and regret not bringing mine

"The best car-related innovation we have is not to improve the car, but eliminate the need to drive it everywhere we go.” -Alex Steffen

Old Post Jun-24-2015 11:11  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for smuncky Click here to Send smuncky a Private Message Visit smuncky's homepage! Add smuncky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Coolest event Toronto has ever seen?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNeed ID... [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHennes & Cold - "Second Trip (DJ Scot Project Remix)" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread