Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Djs-storm
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djSlain
the likely possibility that no participant would get any money discourages some potentionals because "i don't get anything in return if it happens."

People need to realize that someday in thier lives they may need treatment, or a cure for cancer. They need to think about this as an investment in everyones future, including themselves. For every hour of computing time with this program, you are bringing us 1 hour closer to finding a cure, or better treatment at least. Anywa, I don't mind at all because it is not like I am spending time with it, it is done when I am not using my computer at all so the program doesn't affect my normal computer usage in the least.

Old Post Feb-02-2004 12:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Djs-storm Click here to Send Djs-storm a Private Message Visit Djs-storm's homepage! Add Djs-storm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djSlain
[Suspended]

quote:
Originally posted by Djs-storm
For every hour of computing time with this program, you are bringing us 1 hour closer to finding a cure,

well said

Old Post Feb-02-2004 21:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for djSlain Click here to Send djSlain a Private Message Visit djSlain's homepage! Add djSlain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
subtledreamer
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Djs-storm
People need to realize that someday in thier lives they may need treatment, or a cure for cancer. They need to think about this as an investment in everyones future, including themselves. For every hour of computing time with this program, you are bringing us 1 hour closer to finding a cure, or better treatment at least. Anywa, I don't mind at all because it is not like I am spending time with it, it is done when I am not using my computer at all so the program doesn't affect my normal computer usage in the least.

well said!

Old Post Feb-02-2004 23:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for subtledreamer Click here to Send subtledreamer a Private Message Visit subtledreamer's homepage! Add subtledreamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Twoces
tranceaddict

I'm signed up, but still need to join the team.

Old Post Feb-13-2004 05:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Twoces Click here to Send Twoces a Private Message Add Twoces to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Audigy7
Supreme tranceaddict

Just signed up and joined the team.

Old Post Feb-20-2004 02:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Audigy7 Click here to Send Audigy7 a Private Message Add Audigy7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
subtledreamer
Senior tranceaddict

yey keep them keeping you guys! :]

Old Post Feb-20-2004 05:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for subtledreamer Click here to Send subtledreamer a Private Message Visit subtledreamer's homepage! Add subtledreamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dhope
tranceaddict in training

I've been spectating this forum for a while now and registered at last. And I'm glad to announce in my first post that I'm also in fighting cancer in the tranceaddict team.

Old Post Feb-23-2004 09:25  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for dhope Click here to Send dhope a Private Message Add dhope to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
subtledreamer
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by dhope
I've been spectating this forum for a while now and registered at last. And I'm glad to announce in my first post that I'm also in fighting cancer in the tranceaddict team.

welcome m8.

Old Post Feb-23-2004 17:12  United States
SuperFarStucker
1380 fp/s

I'm pretty sure every week of computing time you put towards folding is like 10 seconds on a big iron. But it's a nice thought Companies can't beat FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venus: Enter, enter here - men of all kinds and races, victims of reality!
You who have the thirst for dreams.
Venus: You, on life's bitter road, drenched in hard sunlight who have the
thirst that once more the dark marvel of dreams...

Old Post Feb-27-2004 03:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SuperFarStucker Click here to Send SuperFarStucker a Private Message Add SuperFarStucker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Djs-storm
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SuperFarStucker
I'm pretty sure every week of computing time you put towards folding is like 10 seconds on a big iron. But it's a nice thought Companies can't beat FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

But think of the many millions of computers hooked up to this grid. That would amount to faster that 10 seconds wouldn't it?

Old Post Mar-02-2004 23:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Djs-storm Click here to Send Djs-storm a Private Message Visit Djs-storm's homepage! Add Djs-storm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dallastar
~Dance~Sing~Floss~Travel~

Smiling Frog

Thanks for all those that support Breast Cancer on Trance Addict! I really appriciate this!!

Treat people as if they are what they ought to be and you may help them to become what they are capable of being.

Old Post Mar-08-2004 17:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for dallastar Click here to Send dallastar a Private Message Visit dallastar's homepage! Add dallastar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
caddyshack
gsmile

how do you join the team?

Old Post Mar-15-2004 04:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for caddyshack Click here to Send caddyshack a Private Message Add caddyshack to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLast ID From Paul Oakenfold Miami... [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThrillseekers - "Synaesthesia" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread