Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2008.02.23. Footwork presents.... LEE BURRIDGE
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MissK
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Ryster
I have the same obsession! Lee fucking rocks.. As much as I don't really care for footwork, for this i will go

quote:
Originally posted by preppie chick
yoooooooo! perf party to mark the beginning of my party week!! errr study week! lol

I have already arranged for pre-party times!

Old Post Jan-28-2008 22:58  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for MissK Click here to Send MissK a Private Message Add MissK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
Originally posted by MissK
I have already arranged for pre-party times!

you are so on top of thinsgs habibi!

Old Post Jan-31-2008 14:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
angelgirl
CUPCAKE FOR YOU!

boo. I gots me a wedding up in sudbury this weekend. boo.

Old Post Feb-02-2008 23:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for angelgirl Click here to Send angelgirl a Private Message Add angelgirl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nadezhda
Sophisticated Lady

i am thinking i might come out for this.

Old Post Feb-03-2008 04:51  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for nadezhda Click here to Send nadezhda a Private Message Add nadezhda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

OMG I HAVE TO MODEL IN A HAIR SHOW THAT WEEKEND.

Old Post Feb-04-2008 18:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

Alright, now that Jenny is officially out, there is a 75% chance I will attend this event.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Feb-04-2008 20:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FOOTWORK
tranceaddict

flyer + info posted..

Old Post Feb-04-2008 21:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for FOOTWORK Click here to Send FOOTWORK a Private Message Visit FOOTWORK's homepage! Add FOOTWORK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PressPLay
Connoisseur of Beauty

I fucking love this flyer and don't wanna miss this party because Zabiela and Deadmau5 are going back2back at the GUV. Haven't seen Zabiela in ages. How can I be at 2 places at the same time???

My only consolation is that I booked a really cheap roundtrip bus ticket to Montreal for $11.63 from Coach Canada to catch Burridge at STEREO on February 29th because I knew I was gonna miss this AWESOME party!!!

just look at the flyer...

edit: I see the Roaches along with Lee Osborne are opening for Burridge. Perhaps, Nathan or one of them can convince Lee to spin at Comfort Zone again so I don't have to miss the fun!

Paul: Supermodels are beautiful girls, Will. A beautiful girl can make you dizzy, like you've been drinking Jack and Coke all morning. She can make you feel high full of the single greatest commodity known to man - promise. Promise of a better day. Promise of a greater hope. Promise of a new tomorrow. This particular aura can be found in the gait of a beautiful girl. In her smile, in her soul, the way she makes every rotten little thing about life seem like it's going to be okay. The supermodels, Willy? That's all they are. Bottled promise. Scenes from a brand new day. Hope dancing in stiletto heels.

Last edited by PressPLay on Feb-04-2008 at 22:21

Old Post Feb-04-2008 21:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for PressPLay Click here to Send PressPLay a Private Message Add PressPLay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
Alright, now that Jenny is officially out, there is a 75% chance I will attend this event.

LOL, I hate you!

Actually, I can probably still go to this...it'll just be a rough weekend for me.

Guess it'll be a game-time decision.

Old Post Feb-04-2008 22:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

yea yah im down for this

quote:
Originally posted by PressPLay
edit: I see the Roaches along with Lee Osborne are opening for Burridge. Perhaps, Nathan or one of them can convince Lee to spin at Comfort Zone again so I don't have to miss the fun!

ps. this already happened once and the n00bs @ cz werent ready for it.

Old Post Feb-05-2008 02:10  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PressPLay
Connoisseur of Beauty

quote:
Originally posted by Special K

ps. this already happened once and the n00bs @ cz werent ready for it.

Like I said in my post...I'd like to see him play Comfort Zone "again".

Not that Lee needs to prove himself or even has to redeem himself at CZ. I for one will be at the GUV simply because it's going to be a back2back set with Zabiela vs. Deadmau5 and I'm gonna miss him at FW. Admittedly, it still would have been cooler if he left on a high note at Comfort Zone. I'd love for Lee to get a second chance to appreciate the place.

quote:
Originally posted by LEE BURRIDGE
Hello everyone. It seems that drama is the way ahead these days to get sets noticed!

Let me once and for all tell you what happened. The night in Footwork was excellent and I was really excited that someone bothered to record it. Fast forward to much staying up and zero sleep and I was speeding towards the airport agreeing the set didn't need listening to before I would be more than happy to have it put online for your consumption.
After receiving the set from the person who recorded it I had thoughts of using it for a few radio mixes I've been promising to do.
I'm living in New York right now away from all my equipment and making mixes with just one turntable is proving to be difficult (unless you're into fifteen second gaps in between each track).
The solution was right there in my hands. Three discs from a great night in Toronto. I had asked the person who made the recording to hang onto it for a short amount of time until the radio people had gotten back to me. He did (apart from giving it to the only person that I had said it was OK to post it online to).
So drama and confusion and the set being up and down ensued and here we are now in the right place which is the set is available.
I was never angry or pissed off but it does mean I have a bit more work to do making radio mixes for you all!
The reason I am playing at TIL is originally I had made plans to make Toronto the fourth city along with LA, New York and Mexico City for the 365 monthly residencies but due to reasons I won't go into it's ended up being only two shows (or three if you include the CZ).

Talking of the CZ although there were definitely a small group of people who were in need of banging music everyone was jumping around and looked like they were having fun. I've never been there before and had no idea that the CZ was supposed to be pumping music.

Someone told me it was an afterhours thing and most afterhours clubs I play in are usually a lot less energetic, more fucked up and tripped out than the clubs I play before.
I really liked it there and have to thank both residents for offering me the chance to play.
It seemed it was mainly the promoter who was gnashing his teeth a little and his group of friends that needed the music a bit harder but I was really happy to have got a chance to play there! It is his night after all and he knows the crowd much better than me so I gracefully retired and let Nathan do an excellent job.

So, back to TIL. I had no idea it was a cheesey place to play. It is?? I was told it was a cool venue. Don't worry, I won't be cheesing it up even if it is. Expect more of the same from the night at Footwork (which by the way was my favorite ever smaller gig in Toronto..Your right, I can't wait to play there again!).
So, be nice to each other (and warm up DJ's) and I will (or won't if you don't come) see you on December the 1st and the set will be available here online then will be taken down again then will be up on another site then will be argued about then......you get the idea!

Love you...x

Leeeeeeeeee

Paul: Supermodels are beautiful girls, Will. A beautiful girl can make you dizzy, like you've been drinking Jack and Coke all morning. She can make you feel high full of the single greatest commodity known to man - promise. Promise of a better day. Promise of a greater hope. Promise of a new tomorrow. This particular aura can be found in the gait of a beautiful girl. In her smile, in her soul, the way she makes every rotten little thing about life seem like it's going to be okay. The supermodels, Willy? That's all they are. Bottled promise. Scenes from a brand new day. Hope dancing in stiletto heels.

Old Post Feb-05-2008 06:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for PressPLay Click here to Send PressPLay a Private Message Add PressPLay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
LOL, I hate you!

Actually, I can probably still go to this

Probability reduced to 50/50

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Feb-05-2008 15:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2008.02.23. Footwork presents.... LEE BURRIDGE
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAwesome... played by Sven Vath in Fuse, 1998 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRecyclopedia Eclectronica - "Earresistible (A1)" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread