Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LightsOut
Antagonist

Hmmmmm...

Maybe try and offical 9900 firmware from O2?

Here

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Apr-15-2012 20:21  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Here is an updated version I posted at CrackBerry with no help

Im fairly certain it's locked and blocked from the BBservers now. But I can't attempt to re unlock it because I already did...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-t-work-716834/

quote:
Hey everyone... so here is the deal. I have a 9900 which was locked to Rogers and I "unlocked" it...

I came to the UK, popped in a O2 PayGo SIM with BlackBerry services added and the phone works, I can call and txt, and when wit Wifi, have I data. I do not have data or any BIS related services.

I can`t register my device on the network, host routing table, service books, pulling battery, manual network selection etc. It just won`t work. I have tried another working O2 SIM with BlackBerry services, and that won`t jump on the BIS in my 9900 either.

I`ve put my SIM into an unlocked 9800 and it works perfect with my BIS etc, no issues there.

So, it`s not the SIM, it`s not the package or tariff, not my BIS because O2 tech support manually put my IMEI and PIN into my BIS Admin. Everything looks good on their end. And even Rogers zero`ed out my BIS in Canada.

No data joy...

So, I call Rogers, they say it`s only partially unlocked, and since it`s not a full unlock, it`s blocked from the BlackBerry servers. I ask them to unlock it fully, they say I have to pay my early cancellation fee because my phone is still under contract and subsidized.

I then go on the internet and purchase a unlock code, thinking maybe my free MEP2 unlock code was not legit, so I`ll pay for one.

I get a MEP2 which is the same as the previous one I unlocked it with, but this time also get a MEP4.

I do the SIM services, then MEPD, then MEP2 etc. I can`t get the window to pop up to enter my unlock code again.

I think it`s because i`ve already unlocked it.

So, people of CrackBerry... WTF do I do now? I need my BlackBerry for the next week while traveling in UK and dont`want to buy an unlocked device while here just to do so.

1. Anyone have any other insight to why my data and BIS don`t work?
2. How can I try this new unlock code?
3. Anyone know how to remove my block to the BB serversÉ

Looks like i'm fucked

Old Post Apr-16-2012 10:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

Fuck man, sorry to hear about this headache. Never heard of this before. Looks like something went haywire during the unlock process. I've used that freemyberry site so many times and it's always taken with no issues.

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Apr-16-2012 13:24  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
Fuck man, sorry to hear about this headache. Never heard of this before. Looks like something went haywire during the unlock process. I've used that freemyberry site so many times and it's always taken with no issues.

Honestly I think it's Rogers fault... they're restricting me to the Rogers BIS. Ohh well, i'm done trying. Just gonna pop this SIM into a spare phone my cousins may have then so I can at least have data.

Old Post Apr-16-2012 14:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

BlackBerry 10 Developer Alpha device

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Apr-28-2012 21:35  Germany
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

I'm waiting for this... checking the side by side comparisons to the Android and Windows equivalents and making an executive decision at that time to stay with BlackBerry and go with the BB10 device, or make the move something else.

I may even get this with my upgrade at that time, play with it for a month, but if it doesn't absolutely amaze me, go with another.

I'll still have a BlackBerry for work, but may change my personal device.

I went two weeks without BBM and email, and while annoying, was not the major inconvenience I expected.

Really hope the new device and OS blows me away!

Old Post Apr-28-2012 22:56  Canada
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

My friends at RIM are all raving about the new device and OS. From what they've let slip is sounds pretty great. I'll likely get my hands on one in the next month or two... if I do I'll let you know my thoughts.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Apr-30-2012 19:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

Old Post May-01-2012 14:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

it's one bloody boring looking device (externally)...It's like a compressed version of the playbook (especially with the print on one of the sides)

Old Post May-01-2012 18:58  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
it's one bloody boring looking device (externally)...It's like a compressed version of the playbook (especially with the print on one of the sides)

It's an alpha device dude, its only for testing out the OS. Its not a finalized design.

They'll worry about the design later, its just for developers.

Old Post May-01-2012 19:01  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
It's an alpha device dude, its only for testing out the OS. Its not a finalized design.

They'll worry about the design later, its just for developers.

alpha devices usually look quite similar to what the final product is. There are only 6 months left until the rumoured launch...a little bit of design hype would be nice.

Old Post May-01-2012 19:03  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
alpha devices usually look quite similar to what the final product is. There are only 6 months left until the rumoured launch...a little bit of design hype would be nice.

Yes, they could be similar, although for this much hype and r+d i think they would focus on the OS stuff more given their current business situation. if they spend all this time and hype on a 'design' and less about the 'OS' (which is what this conference was mainly about), then they would be in a much bigger hole while being criticized on not focusing at the task at hand (OS).

I can bet you the finalized device(s) will look nothing like this and contrary to your belief. They didn't even bother to bevel or make any shape into it other than a brick with a slapped on logo on it. And from many of the BBs out there you can tell there was SOME design considerations put into it, not like this.

I think the given would also be RIM calling it the 'Alpha' device.

And lets not define alpha for the sake of the obivous, and its obvious meaning...

Old Post May-01-2012 19:09  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMinimal- / Progressive-Track [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSoulwatcher - "Club E" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread