Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Bounce by the Lake Sunday May 20
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Xavier Moriarty
one man only, 8 swords

quote:
Originally posted by irGO
MICKY!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

haha YES !!!!!

when are you giving me your dj name ?? lol

Old Post May-21-2012 17:44  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for Xavier Moriarty Click here to Send Xavier Moriarty a Private Message Add Xavier Moriarty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

awesome party Baby Joel's set FTW!!

And leave this world behind...

Old Post May-22-2012 13:35  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for FunkyCrew Click here to Send FunkyCrew a Private Message Add FunkyCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smuncky
Architect

quote:
Originally posted by Xavier Moriarty
i stopped by for a beer or 2 and stayed till really late. since i havent been out in toronto in ages....that was soooo much fun !!!

awesome seeing you all, Smuncky it was very nice to meet you bratka !

Потому, потому, что мы пилоты,
Небо - наш, небо - наш родимый дом.
Первым делом, первым делом - самолеты.
- Ну а девушки? - А девушки потом!

great to meet u too buddy!

"The best car-related innovation we have is not to improve the car, but eliminate the need to drive it everywhere we go.” -Alex Steffen

Old Post May-23-2012 01:01  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for smuncky Click here to Send smuncky a Private Message Visit smuncky's homepage! Add smuncky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
-g-
Supreme tranceaddict

Just wanted to say thanks guys for making this our best Bounce by the Lake yet!

Couldn't have asked for a better crowd, not to mention the djs and weather. Just perfect!

We've had a couple common enquiries about the Canada Day Bounce by the Lake party we're doing with Dj Dan, Justin Martin, Sneak, Mes, and a whole bunch more djs. So here goes:

Q: Will there be room for everyone?
A: You bet! We're expanding the area to include about half the parking lot, with a main sound stage outdoors and another one indoors.

Q: Will there be more than one bar?
A: You bet! There will be outdoor satellite bars to increase service capacity substantially. The entire outdoor area will be licensed.

Q: Will there be be more washroom capacity?
A: You bet! We're getting in portapotties so that you have your choice of staying outdoors the entire time or using the fine indoor facilities.

Q: What about food?
A: In addition to the very good standard Keating menu, there will be an outdoor BBQ area serving all kinds of delicious BBQ items - think corn on the cob, etc. Menu forthcoming!

Q: Is this event family friendly?
A: Yup. We've always had parents bring their kiddies to these events, and they usually find a somewhat out of the way spot to enjoy the tunes before the sun goes down. Actually the entire patio area next to the water will be set up exclusively with picnic tables, so there will be plenty of room to chill out and enjoy the day that way should the desire arise.

Hard advance tickets are available now from your friendly promoters, and at http://www.playderecord.com/ and of course online: http://tickets.linebypass.com/event/230058

FACEBOOK.COM/BOUNCEHOUSEMUSICTWITTER.COM/BOUNCE_HOUSE#BYTHELAKE

Old Post May-23-2012 21:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for -g- Click here to Send -g- a Private Message Visit -g-'s homepage! Add -g- to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jabbo
tranceaddict in training

Bounce - you guys are awesome not only are you already throwing down the best parties in the city you are also listening to customers feedback to make what is an incredible experience even better!

Old Post May-24-2012 01:01  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for jabbo Click here to Send jabbo a Private Message Add jabbo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

a few things I wanted to mention:

- we were not told that there were not in/out privileges with the wrist bands - caused a few disappointments
- the pub needs a few more waitresses!

Old Post May-24-2012 13:55  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for FunkyCrew Click here to Send FunkyCrew a Private Message Add FunkyCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew

- we were not told that there were not in/out privileges with the wrist bands - caused a few disappointments

I think they suddenly decided to revoke those privileges as the day progressed. Was not impressed with that.. they snipped off a friend's wristband and exclaimed, "I should have cut this long ago" and made him wait in line again to pay cover. WTF? Yes it was super busy and the turnout was probably a record, but they should been consistent and made the regulations clear... Other than that, it was a great day!

Old Post May-24-2012 17:15  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
-g-
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew

- the pub needs a few more waitresses!

I definitely agree there should have been more staff on Sunday. As an avid drinker myself, I would have appreciated having more options for quenching my thirst, so my apologies for that. There will definitely be more serving staff on hand for Canada Day, and with added satellite bars to spread the drinks around.

I also want to apologize for any confusion about the ins/outs for the wristbands and any inconvenience this caused.

The wristbands were there to ensure that there would indeed be ins and outs all day; allowing people the ability to come and go has historically been one of the plusses of our By The Lake parties. However on a very busy day like Sunday the problem arose that returning groups of people added to an at-capacity situation, and for safety reasons we had to stop letting people in.

At that point we had to change the policy so that if you left, you left, simply because otherwise anyone leaving for good would have still counted against the capacity, and we already had a sizeable line early in the day. That's not fair to those who waited, and so we tried to do what we thought was fair overall, although I do undestand how changing a policy like that midway through the day would have been a nuisance.

quote:
Originally posted by Cribby
I think they suddenly decided to revoke those privileges as the day progressed. Was not impressed with that.. they snipped off a friend's wristband and exclaimed, "I should have cut this long ago" and made him wait in line again to pay cover. WTF? Yes it was super busy and the turnout was probably a record, but they should been consistent and made the regulations clear... Other than that, it was a great day!

I'd like to speak to the snipping wristband part. It was our way of ensuring that if you left, it meant you left so that someone else waiting in line could come inside and get a wristband themeselves.

Security should have been clear but polite in explaining this situation to those leaving. If the policy was explained in the way described above, then I have to apologize for that - security should have been clear but polite in explaining what was happening and ensuring that people understood what we were doing and why.

We'll be revisiting the policy for Canada Day and ensuring that there is one consistent policy for the entire day, so as not to have any surprises.

Thanks guys for the feedback!

Old Post May-24-2012 18:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for -g- Click here to Send -g- a Private Message Visit -g-'s homepage! Add -g- to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

problem is, their ATM was broken that day - so you cannot enforce a no in/out policy if people are stepping out to get cash out of the nearest ATM - just a thought

Old Post May-24-2012 18:49  Ukraine
-g-
Supreme tranceaddict

that's a good point, and while it was unfortunate that the bank machine ran out of money, certainly there are other equally good reasons for needing to leave and return.

for Canada Day it won't be an issue as we're selling tickets in advance anyway and there definitely WILL be ins and outs for everyone.

generally i think there will be in the future anyway, but I don't want to speak prematurely without going over this with the venue itself.

Old Post May-24-2012 19:00  Canada

Amount of PLUR in this thread is A+.

Love promoters and organizers who listen to their customers. We need more of that imo!

Definitely gonna think about Canada Day

Old Post May-24-2012 21:00 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intangible
*FACEPALM*

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Amount of PLUR in this thread is A+.

Love promoters and organizers who listen to their customers. We need more of that imo!

<3 the bounce folks!

Old Post May-25-2012 01:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Intangible Click here to Send Intangible a Private Message Visit Intangible's homepage! Add Intangible to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Bounce by the Lake Sunday May 20
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback---- HOUSE with vocal sample [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLee Burridge - Do You Smoke Pot? [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread