Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Who drinks coffee?
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
srussell0018
Chaostician

That shit doesn't even gives you wings.

Old Post Mar-07-2011 20:00  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quazar
still likes trance

I love coffee.

I enjoy everything from fancy barista competition-winning drinks to good ol' Starbucks.

I'm a big fan of iced coffee. Unfortunately there isn't as much fancy stuff you can with that, so I usually just get coffee-syrup-milk.

The weird thing about me is that I love coffee, but don't drink it in the morning. It tears up my stomach if I do that. However, mid-afternoon coffee breaks are the stuff of Gods.

Old Post Mar-07-2011 20:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
Other then the AA and the Serrano everything you listed is already blended. Without knowing what's in the blend already I wouldn't be able to recommend anything.

With regard to the Serrano... it's a nice spicy bean and when roasted to an Italian or French roast it will give a nice carmel undertone. Since they're green beans I would recommend roasting them to an Italian roast and using them for esspresso in order to capitalize on the carmelling. It would also be good mixed with an earthy bean like a Mendheling or Yirgacheffe to balance out the spice. I prefer earthy flavors to spice so I'd likely go 3:1 Mendheling to Serrano.

With the AA I would mix it with a Mattari for a nice chocolate aftertaste layered over the fruitiness of the AA. A Malabar would be nice too if you wanted to smooth it out while adding some spice and sweetness; however, Malabar isn't exactly common so sourcing it may be difficult. In the same direction; if you wanted to smooth out the AA any Bourbon bean would suit your needs without the spiciness of the Malabar.

Of course you really have to judge it by your own tastes. What do you look for in a coffee?

Cool stuff man, thanks. I guess it might be worthwhile to start reading up more on this kind of process.

I generally like something very strong and coarse in the morning. The later it gets in the day, the lighter and less acidic the better...unless after a big meal i'll go with an expresso with my digestif. (maximize my shitting potential)

It is such a hard question to answer, because it really depends on how i am feeling.

Old Post Mar-07-2011 20:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

I have at least 5-7 different coffee beans at the house with a variety of different roasts. Just like wine, it is important to choose which coffee to go with different meals and desserts.

For deserts, the rule of thumb is the richer the dessert the darker the roast. You can't go on roast alone but its usually a good start.

For meals, I find its more important to go with location of the bean. A Haitian coffee is usually really good with grilled chicken, a Kenyan coffee goes good with Indian or Thai food, and if you are a meat and potatoes guy like me then a good Sumatran coffee works well.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Mar-07-2011 21:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

I've made pork loins with a mustard expresso crust. it was win.

Old Post Mar-07-2011 21:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

I've got this coffee BBQ sauce I made for chicken wings which is just awesome.

I have a recipe for a coffee marinated steak that I really want to try when summer gets here.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Mar-07-2011 21:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
Cool stuff man, thanks. I guess it might be worthwhile to start reading up more on this kind of process.

I generally like something very strong and coarse in the morning. The later it gets in the day, the lighter and less acidic the better...unless after a big meal i'll go with an expresso with my digestif. (maximize my shitting potential)

It is such a hard question to answer, because it really depends on how i am feeling.

If you like a lively coffee with a slightly high level of acidity in the morning then I would point you toward Costa Rican coffees, as they have a nice snap to them. Coffee from the Tarrazu region (I've quite enjoyed La Minita Estate) would be particularly fitting with your taste with some Columbian mixed in to up the acidity; mixed with some AA would be quite nice as well if you wanted some fruitiness in it. Take note though; if you're going to go with Costa Rican and want a medium or higher acidity then stay away from coffee from Dota (which is actually my favorite central american coffee) as it has very little acidity. You may also enjoy Guatemalan coffee from the Antigua region... it's high acidity and has a very full flavour. I'm not sure if I would try blending that with anything except maybe some shity Nicaraguan coffee if you wanted to up the aroma or some Columbian if you wanted a higher acidity but keep the ratio of Antigua high because it should be the star of that show.

For the remainder of the day I would recommend Yirgacheffe (Ethiopian region), as it has a very low acidity and IMO is the best balanced bean there is. It would go well with your Serrano as I indicated earlier. You could also go with a Harar Longberry (also Ethiopian... can you tell I'm partial to east African coffees) if you like a fruity Mocha. This would mix well with any of the Sumatran beans for added earthiness.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Mar-08-2011 13:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I developed a mild addiction to coffee last year. However, I can't stand it without milk - I'm that much of an anti-purist

Old Post Mar-08-2011 13:41  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I developed a mild addiction to coffee last year. However, I can't stand it without milk - I'm that much of an anti-purist

You probably drink that Brazillian crap... so I can't blame you.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Mar-08-2011 13:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
You probably drink that Brazillian crap... so I can't blame you.

Actually, my brother is a coffee snob and keeps importing coffee from other countries. He likes the bitterness and the pretentiousness, I just want an excuse to drink sugar

Old Post Mar-08-2011 14:02  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

COFFEE

Old Post Feb-21-2012 19:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

I wonder what the world would be like without coffee.

Old Post Feb-21-2012 19:56  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Who drinks coffee?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack ID @ The Pool - London 2005 [2008] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSolar Stone – "Seven Cities" (V-One Dub Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread