Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Who drinks coffee?
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

I've become a total coffee snob as of late. I'll refrain from saying too much as to avoid appearing like a complete elitist; however, a few things to note:
1) if you like coffee then you owe it to yourself to get to know the different varieties by purchasing single source coffees, try as many as you can and find the beans that are right for you. Once you do this you can tailor blends to your specific taste and even to specific situations/meals/times/etc.
2) purchase only from small roasters (fresher) or learn to roast your own beans.
3) get a quality brewing device... personally, I prefer the French press but there are a great many options out there. If you need to go with an auto drip make sure it's a conical filter not a basket.
4) store your beans properly.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Mar-07-2011 16:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
I've become a total coffee snob as of late.

I created a monster.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Mar-07-2011 16:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

My sister came to visit me over the weekend. She brought me 500g of Kenya AA, and 500g of French roast from this place.

http://www.multatuli.ca/ourproduct.html

I kinda wish we had this brulerie here, because although i can find all of these coffees easily here, the quality of the roast is really something else. Once you grind the beans the smell is beyond erection.

Old Post Mar-07-2011 16:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
My sister came to visit me over the weekend. She brought me 500g of Kenya AA, and 500g of French roast from this place.

http://www.multatuli.ca/ourproduct.html

I kinda wish we had this brulerie here, because although i can find all of these coffees easily here, the quality of the roast is really something else. Once you grind the beans the smell is beyond erection.

and that is the key to any good coffee....a quality roast can make even an average coffee so much better.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Mar-07-2011 16:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

The fair trade bugs me...things don't taste as good if no one died or suffered. For instance, fair trade cocaine tastes like baby powder.

I am actually surprised that a little town like Kingston has a lot of high quality coffee roasters, but then again Queens has turned my sis into a filthy hippie that cares about the earth and stuff....

Old Post Mar-07-2011 16:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
My sister came to visit me over the weekend. She brought me 500g of Kenya AA,

If you like AA try some Peaberry... very similar but the peaberry is similar but slightly fuller.

quote:

Old Post Mar-07-2011 17:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tubularbills
Max Power!

quote:

4) store your beans properly.

Old Post Mar-07-2011 17:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for tubularbills Click here to Send tubularbills a Private Message Add tubularbills to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

quote:
If you like AA try some Peaberry... very similar but the peaberry is similar but slightly fuller.

thanks, i'll give it a try soon. I've got so much coffee lying around though that it will probably be a while before i purchase more.

You mentioned that you like to make your own blends...never tried it myself.

I currently have these whole beans in my possession.

AA Kenya
Organic French Roast
2 bags Starbucks Komodo Dragon Blend (I generally do not like Starbucks coffee, but this one is one that i really really enjoy, especially during a hangover.)
Cuban Serrano Green Arabica beans
Kili Gold Quality Expresso
Veneziano Estate

does anything here strike you as something that would be good bedfellows with each other? I'd like to tinker with the tastes a bit, but i never get around to it. I usually just a pick a jar in the morning and go.

Old Post Mar-07-2011 17:44 
david.michael
Supreme tranceaddict

I really like that Dunkin Donuts coffee. I know that probably makes me a coffeefag, but I find it delicious.

Also I drink it black, like my men.

Old Post Mar-07-2011 18:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.michael Click here to Send david.michael a Private Message Visit david.michael's homepage! Add david.michael to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
thanks, i'll give it a try soon. I've got so much coffee lying around though that it will probably be a while before i purchase more.

You mentioned that you like to make your own blends...never tried it myself.

I currently have these whole beans in my possession.

AA Kenya
Organic French Roast
2 bags Starbucks Komodo Dragon Blend (I generally do not like Starbucks coffee, but this one is one that i really really enjoy, especially during a hangover.)
Cuban Serrano Green Arabica beans
Kili Gold Quality Expresso
Veneziano Estate

does anything here strike you as something that would be good bedfellows with each other? I'd like to tinker with the tastes a bit, but i never get around to it. I usually just a pick a jar in the morning and go.

Other then the AA and the Serrano everything you listed is already blended. Without knowing what's in the blend already I wouldn't be able to recommend anything.

With regard to the Serrano... it's a nice spicy bean and when roasted to an Italian or French roast it will give a nice carmel undertone. Since they're green beans I would recommend roasting them to an Italian roast and using them for esspresso in order to capitalize on the carmelling. It would also be good mixed with an earthy bean like a Mendheling or Yirgacheffe to balance out the spice. I prefer earthy flavors to spice so I'd likely go 3:1 Mendheling to Serrano.

With the AA I would mix it with a Mattari for a nice chocolate aftertaste layered over the fruitiness of the AA. A Malabar would be nice too if you wanted to smooth it out while adding some spice and sweetness; however, Malabar isn't exactly common so sourcing it may be difficult. In the same direction; if you wanted to smooth out the AA any Bourbon bean would suit your needs without the spiciness of the Malabar.

Of course you really have to judge it by your own tastes. What do you look for in a coffee?

quote:

Old Post Mar-07-2011 18:56  Canada
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

I love coffee.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Mar-07-2011 18:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The17sss
C.R.E.A.M.

coffee breath FTL!

Old Post Mar-07-2011 19:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for The17sss Click here to Send The17sss a Private Message Add The17sss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Who drinks coffee?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFerry Corsten Id from 2000 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRobert Nickson feat. Elsa Hill - Never Again (Original Mix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread