Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
soula
tranceaddict in training

If you're reading this you're probably wondering how D36's first night in ny clubland turned out, lemme tell my side of the story i guess.

In emails they mentioned a 500-person capacity. I got there at 10 to find a giant line stretching down the block.

About an hour or more was spent waiting around before anyone was let in at all. I could forgive some opening-day complications, but after the initial hour of waiting and eventually seeing the line moving a lil, security abruptly stopped the line and told everyone to leave. wtf? Didn't seem like they had their 500 yet, btw. Maybe someone got spooked at the growing nuisance of a huge throng of ppl outside and decided they needed to clear it out. Security gave the impression they had no idea what was going on and were just frantically following vague instructions.

A lil protip for u District 36, you can have your security count up to your capacity of 500 ppl next time and inform the rest that youre at capacity instead of making people waste 2 hrs of their time for nothing.

I caught some drinks nearby and went back after about 90 min, to find no line and people being let in freely. It was $40 at the door, bout right for a midtown club hosting big names i guess.

Inside you have your admissions and coat check in the basement, your main floor, and a mezzanine overlooking the main. At least thats what they had open I think. I dont really like the idea of people just casually idling with their drinks as they gawk below at people dancing, but whatever

The stacks look impressive and the deep rumble i was feeling on my way in gave me high hopes.. but seriously, the sound was not all that. Really loud for sure, but harsh and not enough punch for how loud it was in the there. It was too shrill, the general countour of the sound was off if you know what i mean. and I know im at a dance club but i'm not trying to ruin my hearing you know?

this is just a matter of taste but I found lee and howells' set to be rather repetitive and dry. They are two of my favorites and can really do no wrong in my eyes, but I just wasn't feelin it. I know they got it in them cause I've seen em both recently at other venues (and cities), and dug their shit.

overall a very mediocre night. it felt like a small pacha with a less douchey crowd. I appreciated that, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. hopefully the place will improve, theres some room to tweak things for the better.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 12:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for soula Click here to Send soula a Private Message Add soula to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jurel
Supreme tranceaddict

New user created with only 1 post, and you're negative about district 36?

Yea, you're not trolling.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 13:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jurel Click here to Send jurel a Private Message Add jurel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Konijn
Subverting Paradigms

1 post or not, this seems like a fair and honest review.

[Dark Disco|Frozen Balearic|Gay Biker-House| Boogie-Trance|Heavy Electronica|Soft-Goth]

Old Post Nov-21-2010 14:28  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Konijn Click here to Send Konijn a Private Message Visit Konijn's homepage! Add Konijn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
osterzone
Supreme tranceaddict

He's not trolling.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 14:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for osterzone Click here to Send osterzone a Private Message Add osterzone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

quote:
Originally posted by jurel
New user created with only 1 post, and you're negative about district 36?

Yea, you're not trolling.

Who cares? He (she?) can have an opinion, and sounds like a legit review without being too over dramatic.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 15:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

People rome wasn't built in a day, every night club I have been to on opening night has always had a laundry list of problems that in time were corrected. I'm respect the opinions of the previous posters but I would refrain from labeling district anything until they have had a few party’s under their belt..

fyi I didn’t go last night b/c i knew it would be a cluster fuck.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 15:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jurel
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by yankeeBaby
Who cares? He (she?) can have an opinion, and sounds like a legit review without being too over dramatic.

You and Konijn are right. Nothing bad about voicing your opinion.
Just seems that there has been blatant bashing (more than the usual).

Old Post Nov-21-2010 16:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jurel Click here to Send jurel a Private Message Add jurel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cl0wnz0r
Caviar , vodka, & pickles

appreciate the review. couldn't make it out because i lost track of time at another party. in response to the 500 person capacity + line, i found it really interesting the amount of advertising that they put into this. even my sister who doesn't go to EDM clubs got an email about it! looks like they're making it seem like a velvet rope place at first to get the hype going.

still very excited to check this out when i'm back in nyc and can get a pre-sale!

Old Post Nov-21-2010 17:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl0wnz0r Click here to Send cl0wnz0r a Private Message Add cl0wnz0r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
Supreme tranceaddict

It's kind of an unwritten rule of clubbing to expect lots of drama on the opening night of any new venue. You can usually get around it by being one of the first ppl in line, but honestly it'll probably be best to wait several weeks for the venue to be broken in and for things to die down some.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 18:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

^^totally agree Blake! No club has a perfect opening night....or month for that matter. As long as they progess in a positive fashion, I dont see a problem.

quote:
Originally posted by jurel
You and Konijn are right. Nothing bad about voicing your opinion.
Just seems that there has been blatant bashing (more than the usual).

I get what you are saying. Newbs who come in here and unnecessarily unleash their fury on these boards are quite annoying! A drama-free (yet somewhat negative review) deserves a spot though, as peeps have a right to express their opinion without being a$$holes.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 19:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

My friend walked right in around midnight and said it's a pretty sweet place. Awesome sound and lights. Sounds like everyone and their mothers showed up which is no shocker, glad I stayed away....will prob give it a few weeks before I test it out. Security probably freaked out when they saw the long line outside, I bet they're not even allowed to have a line outside of the place. Can't wait to check it out.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 19:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nefardec
Tranceaddict in tranning

it's an opening night for the biggest new club of this type in ages... what did you expect?

f'n n00bs

Old Post Nov-21-2010 19:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for nefardec Click here to Send nefardec a Private Message Add nefardec to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPLZ ID this track [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOutback - "Minds In Motion" (Draft 2 Design Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread