Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Why doesn't anyone post LA events anymore?
Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

this place is the fucking AARP now

Old Post Oct-25-2016 22:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

That's kind of it though; Clubbing and dance music are somewhat time specific interests.

I've got two businesses, property, employees, mortgages, responsibilities. I'll still got out very occasionally (like twice a year at the moment) becuase it's not fun getting wasted or staying up to 6am knowing that in a couple of hours the business is going to need my attention. Weekends basically don't exist to a business owner so it's only really if I have it free and clear that I can enjoy it.

It's a shame that some of my favourite LA clubs are gone now; Vanguard became an SBE EDM hellhole, Circus is gone, The Exchange is a good venue but has a odd crowd, and Avalon was always my last choice and it only got worse when they started dividing up the club.

I'd still go out to Sound in Hollywood, or maybe BPM in Tulum but otherwise, most clubs in LA aren't really enticing anymore.

Old Post Nov-05-2016 19:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

It's the same situation in the NY forum, I dont feel that it is that everyone got old and doesn't post anymore, the issue with TA is that they don't integrate their forums well with other platforms (FB, Snap Chat, Instagram) Millennials have no clue about TA and they communicate much differently then we all used to back in 99-05. Around 05 this site started to take a turn for the worst with the advent of FB. For a true EDM fan, TA has many things other sites that I mentioned do not. The part of TA that brought me here originally is still its best product, the track-listing page, there is an amazing archive of some of the best sets from over the last 20+ years

Old Post Nov-19-2016 23:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper

Objective party/music reviews are the hardest thing to find these days. :/

I second that point! Its interesting what the internet did to the scene. On one hand I can get a snapchat or Facebook/live of Sasha and Digweed's reunion gig in the UK, but on the other hand, Im relying on word of mouth from people who were actually at the part to explain how it was, and even that part is difficult bc they usually just respond with a 30 second video without any deeper description.

Its not like there is a lack of material to write thread on....
A good thread that hasn't been started would be, what ever happened to the the supposed Sasha and Digweed reunion tour ? Rumors/ articles throughout the internet stated that after their UK reunion gig , numerous other shows would be scheduled. None of that happened... etc...

my point with all of this is that there are a tremendous amount of topics that can be discussed, the hard part is just getting some of these adhd'd/short attention span millennials to slow down for a minute and put in their input into a discussion forum, I have ideas but who really knows? If there is a marketing wiz on this site, maybe they can chime in

Old Post Nov-19-2016 23:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Why doesn't anyone post LA events anymore?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from DJ Jean VideoClip (id-t) [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrisco - Ultra [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread