Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lytchix
Retired TranceAddict

I just joined the project and the TA Team...

Old Post Feb-03-2003 20:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lytchix Click here to Send Lytchix a Private Message Add Lytchix to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Turbonium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by flystyler
Ok, i was thinking, i have got this on my comp, but it does make your cpu run at 100% all the time, ok it doesnt effect how quickly things open etc, as it is clever. But isnt having your cpu running at 100% all the time bad for it, or gives it a shorter life?

As mentioned earlier, as long as your CPU temp (primarily) is in a safe range. What CPU are you running?

Old Post Feb-24-2003 01:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Turbonium Click here to Send Turbonium a Private Message Add Turbonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Turbonium
Supreme tranceaddict

If you guys are that worried about wearing down your system or slowing it down, then just run it on another computer you don't use that's connected to the net. Surely you guys should have another computer (at least some of you)...

Old Post Feb-24-2003 02:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Turbonium Click here to Send Turbonium a Private Message Add Turbonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceNerd
Supreme tranceaddict

COME ON GUYS!

Let's add more computers...

I've only been doing this for 3 months now, and I'm already in third place on our team...

Come on, pull your weight... Install this app on your parents computers, and stuff... They won't know... Tell them it's a new anti-virus icon, and they'll be happy.

Old Post Feb-28-2003 23:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceNerd Click here to Send TranceNerd a Private Message Visit TranceNerd's homepage! Add TranceNerd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

i got 3 machines running it! all of them run for like 12 hours a day, how many pc's and how long they up for if u made it to 3rd?

Beware of killer hamsters and the random running dogs.

Old Post Mar-01-2003 10:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for jon Click here to Send jon a Private Message Add jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceNerd
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jonsimmonds
i got 3 machines running it! all of them run for like 12 hours a day, how many pc's and how long they up for if u made it to 3rd?

Well I have 5 CPU's running it basically 24/7. It will be 6 when I install XP on this machine, so it can use 2 cpus to process cancer.. (I'll probably only have it running 12/7 for one cpu.) But that won't be for a while, cuz my motherboards fubared, and so it's only running one CPU right now.. I'm sending it back for an RMA on Monday though.

My other machines are as follows, in case anyone cares:
2 PII 350's
1 Dual Celeron 366

This machine is a Dual PIII 1Ghz.

If they had a linux client, I could easily add 2 dual 800's, and more although not 24/7, as those machines have real work to do too.

Old Post Mar-14-2003 18:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceNerd Click here to Send TranceNerd a Private Message Visit TranceNerd's homepage! Add TranceNerd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

how did you manage to get it to run on dual cpu's? was it easy to?

Old Post Mar-15-2003 12:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for jon Click here to Send jon a Private Message Add jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceNerd
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
how did you manage to get it to run on dual cpu's? was it easy to?

You can only do it in XP (as far as I know). I haven't been able to get it to work on 2000...

You need to log in, and start the client, then switch users, log in as a different user, and start a second client. (Different folder). You can set the affinity of each process if you want, to limit it to a specific CPU, but I don't think you need to...

You also might need to set up a shortcut to the UD exe, and set it to be in Windows2000 compatability mode, but I can't remember for sure..

(In order to use both cpus, you'll be processing 2 different units, using 2 different devices (grid.org devices))

Old Post Mar-23-2003 10:41  Canada
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

as simple as that!

i did see this on how some people have managed to get it to run linux, dont know how well it works as i havnt got time to install linux and get it all set up atm - http://forum.ud.com/ubbcgi/ultimate...ic;f=6;t=004756

Old Post Mar-23-2003 12:37 
TranceNerd
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
as simple as that!

i did see this on how some people have managed to get it to run linux, dont know how well it works as i havnt got time to install linux and get it all set up atm - http://forum.ud.com/ubbcgi/ultimate...ic;f=6;t=004756

Yah, I haven't tried running it with wine... I may... I don't know... I think Wine runs under Xwindows, and since I don't have X on any of my linux machines that won't work... I'll look into it another day maybe.

Old Post Mar-31-2003 15:14  Canada
mr. poopyhead
pho king guy...

does anyone find it somehow corrupt that united devices is selling ad space on our UD clients?? i mean, we're all doing charitable work here, and they're hawking cheap ads at us... i dunno...

Old Post Apr-18-2003 00:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mr. poopyhead Click here to Send mr. poopyhead a Private Message Visit mr. poopyhead's homepage! Add mr. poopyhead to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

quote:
Originally posted by mr. poopyhead
does anyone find it somehow corrupt that united devices is selling ad space on our UD clients?? i mean, we're all doing charitable work here, and they're hawking cheap ads at us... i dunno...

wheres this add? imm using this on 3 of my comps, 2 of which are moniter less, and the one imm at atm i cant see any adds

Old Post Apr-18-2003 00:49 

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID This tune plz !! [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDivino - "The Dreamer" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread