Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Promoters Please Book The Following
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MSZ
godspeed

quote:
Originally posted by Mortyman
Like I said, money talks. It's not that promoters are scared, they are smart. There's a big difference. Why would they spending thousands of dollars to book dj's that might pull 100 people? Unfortunately this industry doesn't run on music and talent. You should know that by now.

its hard to deal with, lol.

i still think its possible, and people could walk away making money, but they choose the easy way out.

Old Post Oct-27-2011 15:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
how can you say its not about balls when you say those people are scared they wont bring as many people. that takes some dont you think? im not sure ill see these names at guv, hope im wrong ofcourse. the techno / tech house guys probably wont book these guys, the trance guys probably wouldnt either. they're stuck in the middle. this doesnt apply to every dj listed.

It's true, we have the same problem here. Stuck in the middle between tech, trance, tribal, electro, etc...We've been fortunate enough to get a few of those this year (including Alter Breed actually) but they were pretty much all booked by different promoters who don't normally venture into those grounds. I actually tried to find a promoter to book Eelke as I wanted to bring him to MTL in December but couldn't find anyone that was interested.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Oct-27-2011 15:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

sucks man, i feel your pain. i wasnt even thinking about montreal, and you guys are much more fortunate imo, and if you cant bring eelke, we have a long way to go. but like i said, people are easily swayed by taking the easy route in my opinion. then again, I dont work in the industry, but i observe what people are doing and who are brought in.

i was jealous you guys had christian smith recently, and there was no hype for him going on in your forum lol.

Old Post Oct-27-2011 15:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
sucks man, i feel your pain. i wasnt even thinking about montreal, and you guys are much more fortunate imo, and if you cant bring eelke, we have a long way to go. but like i said, people are easily swayed by taking the easy route in my opinion. then again, I dont work in the industry, but i observe what people are doing and who are brought in.

i was jealous you guys had christian smith recently, and there was no hype for him going on in your forum lol.
for piknic? did anyone go to that?

there's a niche market for everything in toronto (see nu disco)

fuck me sideways and call me sally if you truly believe that there isn't enough interest for a good prog act in toronto

Old Post Oct-27-2011 16:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ozmozis
Music is the Vibe

I actually have offers in for 2 names on that list. I won't say who. 1 I'm getting cockblocked on but not giving up...

Old Post Oct-27-2011 16:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ozmozis Click here to Send Ozmozis a Private Message Visit Ozmozis's homepage! Add Ozmozis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

quote:
Originally posted by Ozmözis
I actually have offers in for 2 names on that list. I won't say who. 1 I'm getting cockblocked on but not giving up...

Last edited by MSZ on Oct-27-2011 at 17:53

Old Post Oct-27-2011 16:44  Canada
Takayuki
Muzik Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by Spam
Hernan swings through the city occasionally (I wanna say, once per year?)

The rest I've never heard of... Which means I want them here asap.

Yeah, normally he shows up for a gig in Toronto once a year but he hasn't been here for awhile... I think since 2009 when he was at This Is London. (which of course I happened to miss)

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
We've been fortunate enough to get a few of those this year (including Alter Breed actually)

No kidding?! Alter Breed actually was in Montreal and I missed it!! :| How were the reviews for that event? He had some amazing productions and collaborations with Criss Source back in 2009 and he's still pounding out some great stuff in 2011.

quote:
Originally posted by Ozmözis

That would be a superb treat to have any one of those on that list come to TO!

Guy J apparently destroyed Montreal when he passed by (Stereo?), although I did hear it was far less packed than normal.

Christian Smith/Hernan were just recently here in Montreal for Piknic and B&B so I am still confused as to why the above three were not booked other than the aforementioned money/business side of things. I am convinced there would be a solid turnout. I mean look at Cox coming in November... wouldn't it make sense to have Smith open for him? That would have been the perfect treat. I really can't justify $50+ for Cox alone (not that its crazy expensive) but considering the few times I have seen him in the past I was highly underwhelmed by his musical performance despite his stellar energy behind the decks.

Old Post Oct-27-2011 17:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Takayuki Click here to Send Takayuki a Private Message Add Takayuki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
devnull
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
for piknic? did anyone go to that?

I went to Picnik for Christian Smith and Alan Fitzpatrick.

We only caught the tail end of Christian smith and it was great. Alan then tore the place a new one afterwards. What a night that was!

Old Post Oct-27-2011 17:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for devnull Add devnull to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Takayuki
Muzik Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by devnull
I went to Picnik for Christian Smith and Alan Fitzpatrick.

We only caught the tail end of Christian smith and it was great. Alan then tore the place a new one afterwards. What a night that was!

Oh man I totally forgot about Alan Fitzpatrick! That night must have been epic!!!

Damn you Montreal for all the diverse talent you get to enjoy on an on-going basis!

Some other names I'd like to see pass by:

Nick Warren (when was the last time he was in Toronto? I haven't seen this guy since Decadence II when he opened for Nu Nrg - I know he's been here a few times since but it seems like forever... This Is London?)
Amine Edge
Blackfeel Wite
Bobby Deep
dPen
Dinka
Paronator
Mango (he was great a few years ago, not sure how is sound is now)
Luke Porter
Hypnotic Duo
Alex Di Stefano
Martin Roth
Stanley Ross
Pig & Dan
Solee
Jerome Sydenham
NDKj
Dataworx
Oliver Lieb (finally making a come back - he's playing techno/tech house nowadays)
Terry Lee Brown Jr. (amazing deep house producer)
Tube & Berger (deep house)
Christos Fourkis (loving his latest productions - more on the proggier side but he produces a tone of deep house - love his blend of deep and proggy sounds)

Old Post Oct-27-2011 18:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Takayuki Click here to Send Takayuki a Private Message Add Takayuki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

and TLBJ h

a lot of those will never happen. Not in Toronto, Montreal or anywhere outside their home countries most likely. dpen and TLBJ have both played here fairly recently though. And I'd personally like to try to bring Nick Warren and Jerome Sydenham in the next year.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Oct-27-2011 18:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Takayuki
Muzik Junkie

Oh I do realize that as I have been waiting for some of these names for years to no avail :|

One can always dream... with the hopes that the "underground" scene that I have always known to cheerish and love will stay alive. It many ways the commercial pop sounding Guetta artists and the influx of dubstep have made it financially impossible to bring in the smaller guys because they simply won't fill the place. Its unfortunate, but something I have had to swallow for such a long time. There's no doubt that this scene really has nothing to do with talent anymore but such is the way of any business.

Old Post Oct-27-2011 18:30  Canada
Ozmozis
Music is the Vibe

Unfortunately that is what it has become... BUT I think we're just going through a loophole, underground will emerge again

There are still promoters and artists that truly care about the scene and the music. We just need to support them!

Last edited by Ozmozis on Oct-27-2011 at 18:46

Old Post Oct-27-2011 18:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ozmozis Click here to Send Ozmozis a Private Message Visit Ozmozis's homepage! Add Ozmozis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Promoters Please Book The Following
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease Id, nice Trance tune! [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackP-casso - Magic Dream (Original Exit Version) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread