Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Neon / Nu Rave @ EDC
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Frequency Frank
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
Moment of the night on Sunday

Afrojack gets on a few minutes late " Im sorry guys my luggage got lost....." long pause" But im here!" Crowd rouwrs " and since you've all come out to party let me play you a song I just made last night " Crowd screams! "here we go "

song = exact garbage every other dj played before him, it sounded like a song from my tetris video game on Nintendo circa 1983

lol

I'd rather hear this:

Official Website
My Podcast (techno): The H.I.N.T. - http://hint.podomatic.com

www.TeggnoRecords.com

Old Post May-22-2012 01:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Frequency Frank Click here to Send Frequency Frank a Private Message Visit Frequency Frank's homepage! Add Frequency Frank to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
word, i will be going to this next month...
http://digitaldreamsfest.ca/lineup.php
it's 16+
i hope they stay away from the echo beach stage

This looks interesting. I'm liking the lineup for Echo beach. Are you flying?

Old Post May-22-2012 01:26  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Skeptic
Supreme tranceaddict

naughty hoes, those 19yo neon/nu raver girls. had so much fun with a bunch of those bitches at avicii.

oh btw; it seems that alot of people has jumped on into the chelsea bandwagon. Never seen so many people wearing that jersey. Fags, dont know shit.

Last edited by Skeptic on May-22-2012 at 03:10

Old Post May-22-2012 03:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Skeptic Click here to Send Skeptic a Private Message Add Skeptic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

Where do i begin.....

friday during the day...i'm going back n forth with my friend via e-mails talking about game plans and i'm telling that my concern is parking and getting my car out of there. He then tells me that his concern is getting me a ticket.

Friday night rolls around and i get a call from him saying that he got me a ticket.

Saturday:

We arrive to the stadium around 2pm and he tells me we have to walk all the way to the verizon gate. Now we are parked all the way at lot L12 so its a bit of hike, but nothing another TA had to deal with. My friend tells me that we have to go the media tent to get our tickets. When we get their, we find out there are not tickets for us. instead...WE GOT PRODUCTION Bracelets, which game us backstage and stage access all over the place.

1st stop. Kinetic field. as i'm walking in the back, bump into Michael Woods who just finished his set. Next thing i know i'm on stage and Chris Lake was killing it. Hung out there for a bit and i tell my friend that i'm heading over to the ASOT tent. As i'm walking in the back, i bump into Seid van Riel who might be one of the most chill guys out there. Also bumped in SebG and Big Mike too. Hung out there for a bit and was able to meet the Trintonal guys, JOC and Jochen Miller.

Next went into the stadium and walked into AN21 and Max, they were OK. Hung with Thomas Gold and was saying how he was amped be back in Jersey. Out of nowhere Morillo comes in wearing a Giants Jersey with his name on the back. Went back n forth to the stadium for a bit. I thought Morillo was solid. He proclaimed MetLife stadium as Giants Stadium which was cool. He dropped Max Graham's rmx of Owner of Loney Heart which was a nice treat since i haven't heard that out in a while. Never caught Angello.

The Neon Garden was solid. I thought Diggerz had an amazing set and i thought it was going to be hard Cox to top it. I think they pretty much tied. Both played hammered it out. DT was a bit all over the place. IMO, he really isn't a festival DJ.

Kinetic Field was kool. but i was in and out there for a bit.

Went back to the ASOT tent and I found myself in the ASOT trailer were Armin was doing the live broadcast. Was able to meet Markus, who IMO might one of the must humble DJs out there. Met Emery, nice guy but he has to ditch the members only jacket. ATB was also really chill as well. Didn't think he was a dick and it seemed like he actually he enjoyed himself.

I think the highlight of the night was when I actually put this production bracelet to the test. Security was being very selective on who could go on stage. I see Armin walk up there and i then i figure this is the time to see how much power this thing has. Security down stairs radioed up and i got the OK to be up there. While up there, Armin is standing 2ft away from me. One of the Security personal, goes up to Armin and says " bro you gotta go, select personal only" at this time i got involved and had to tell the guy that he was the next dj going on and he was the headliner. Security apologized to armin and the guy comes over to me and says "Anyone you see up here that doesn't belong, you let me know and i will kick em off". After that had a brief conversation with Armin on how far the scene has evolved over here and that how 10 years ago, any mention of a festival like this would have been a joke. After a while, went back down, talked to Big Mike and before i knew it, was able to get him up on stage with Armin.

Headed out around 10:50 to avoid the traffic getting out which was not bad at all

Spent most of the time between the Kinetic Field and the Neon Garden. thought Jinax were really good, 1st time hearing them and they were solid. Manufactured Superstars were just ehh. Sunnery and Ryan were great. Chuckie was all over place but homey could not shut up on the mix. Dirty South was ok.

In the Neon garden, Magda was solid, Hot Natured was good, Victor was killing it,

had to leave at 7 cause if i stayed later, i was not going to make it to work today

Big Mike and SebG....good times guys!!!!

i apologize if my review seems all over the place but i'm still in awe of what went down this weeknd.......and i consumed a total of 1 beer between both days

Took this pic with my phone yesterday....will post some more later

Old Post May-22-2012 03:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
arosemore
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
I don't really care what everyone else is wearing. Why should you let it bother you? I guess they like it, and they are having a good time. Live and let live.

i agree with you! some of the people i went with wore neon outfits, and i also went with the guy who created "roll responsibly" with all their molly wear... doesnt mean i am a fan of their fashion style.. i wore shorts and a black bandeau. personally i think neon is ridiculous but who cares! it's about having fun it shouldn't ruin your time. PEOPLE are obnoxious, not their fashion sense. it just so happens that those people are conveniently wearing neon.

gotta say best shirt i saw was " i shaved my balls for this"

Old Post May-22-2012 03:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for arosemore Click here to Send arosemore a Private Message Add arosemore to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

I totally and 10000% agree that these people look ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, but I also agree that outfits dont ruin the mood (maybe just hurt your eyes and brain a bit).

I cant believe, though, that people actually CHOOSE to leave the house like this (wasnt the 80's/early 90's voted the worst fashion era of all time? Why are we choosing to bring aspects of that era BACK?).

I am all for freedom of expression, but I was never one for "freedom plus adding every attempt to look like a complete moron." Shit, even hot women look ugly as hell in these get-ups.

Old Post May-22-2012 03:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Eu Pili
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
Moment of the night on Sunday

Afrojack gets on a few minutes late " Im sorry guys my luggage got lost....." long pause" But im here!" Crowd rouwrs " and since you've all come out to party let me play you a song I just made last night " Crowd screams! "here we go "

lol

Was that during his day time set or at night? I remember walking by circuit grounds and hearing his cheese around 6ish? Surprised Paris didn't drop a couple songs for him..

Old Post May-22-2012 04:12  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Eu Pili Click here to Send Eu Pili a Private Message Add Eu Pili to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

just found out that neon is the new official color for all frats across america

http://www.frattanks.com

Old Post May-22-2012 06:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

Neon was definitely overdone at EDC but I saw none of it at Neon Garden backstage area. None of my friends wore neon either ;-)

The crowd doesn't really bother me when I'm with a good group of friends and music is that good! I spent my entire time at Neon Garden (great name isn't it?) and enjoyed all the sets myself.

Old Post May-22-2012 09:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
revROME
tranceaddict in training

I remember almost 10 years ago, I was wearing UFOs. And that was crazy enough back then. Times have changes, just like music, fashion and my weight. Just as long as everyone else is having a good time, I really don't care.

Old Post May-22-2012 19:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for revROME Click here to Send revROME a Private Message Add revROME to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shosko
Junior tranceaddict

Pop dance music today is so far removed, that half of it isn't dance music at all. Half of the acts are playing hip hop/dubstep sounds that aren't danceable. This is the new rock concert, and you have a new class of young kids eating it up. It makes me feel old to say it, but they're loving it and should be - it's brand new to them.

It's not us thats changing, its the music. Non-mainstream dance music isn't headlining our festivals anymore and bringing in the $$, because the festivals have gone mainstream. This is new entertainment that isn't a part of dance culture and won't assimilate itself, and it will soon become its own thing.

I think there will come a time soon where we won't have the likes of Neon Garden at an event like EDC anymore. I see festivals and lineups like this one as the future for dance music. We should be attending this instead of EDC.
http://www.wavefrontmusicfestival.com/

PvD also sums it up pretty well at the 4:48 mark:

Old Post May-22-2012 20:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for shosko Click here to Send shosko a Private Message Visit shosko's homepage! Add shosko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
acetate212
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Frequency Frank
I'd rather hear this:

That is so true man, that's exactly what it sounds like all these guys are playing. like a 10 yr old kid getting excited on some ancient cheap synth keyboard. the crowds would be eating up that tetris mix up if afrojack played that, because it wouldn't sound out of place. it must take these guys like 10 mins to make a song.

I know everyone must have indeed played same sounding shit there because I did some googling; I wanted to go on sunday but since I haven't listened to anyone playing then I googled up all the sunday artists, and all of the ones in the 'jacked' segment and then some, all played the same thing in their soundcloud and radio sets. this could probably be enjoyable in an open air space for about half an hour but for a full day? would be annoying to say the least. although earlier this year I liked a couple of axwell songs, my trance brain spits out songs like these and shm's after hearing them for the 4th time, I can't stand them anymore. they don't stay with me like trance and house..

Old Post May-22-2012 22:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for acetate212 Click here to Send acetate212 a Private Message Add acetate212 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Neon / Nu Rave @ EDC
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID....B I G tune, massive thumping feel........ [2003] [39]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackY aka DJ overdog - "The Ultimate" ( Y.O.M.C Mix ) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread