Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Donna
Elitist

U dont understand that his has nothing to do with underground tracks or whatsoever,the whole scene im talkin bout,not the freakin tracks.
Lots of tracks are fuckin good but cuz this all gets too freakin big and 1 bunch of djs who play all the same tracks its getting kinda boring and NOT special anymore at all.

Do i have too explain EVERYTHING?!

Old Post Oct-27-2004 19:40  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Donna Click here to Send Donna a Private Message Visit Donna's homepage! Add Donna to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
noikeee
dubstep convert

I do think what TA needs now is a bit more of positive attitude, but that can't really be inforced on the users by the mods without the decrease in free speech. So, that part of what Markus said i don't agree with, the rest is a good message for everyone, some people do need to respect artists a bit more.

As for the part of the drama involving Dave Piazza, he certainly has an annoying way of posting his opinion, but being taken off air because he wasn't kissing ass in the forums is quite unfair.

quote:
Originally posted by placebo
How did I miss this thread? What a bunch of drama.

Just shut the fuck up and rave. Jesus christ.

Yep, there has been too much drama the last couple days (even though i'll admit to have contributed to it on a small part), time to dumb down TA for a while. LETZ ALL POST YA BEST PwN3d Piczzz!!!!

Last edited by noikeee on Oct-27-2004 at 19:53

Old Post Oct-27-2004 19:44  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for noikeee Click here to Send noikeee a Private Message Visit noikeee's homepage! Add noikeee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cataclysmic
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Donna
U dont understand that his has nothing to do with underground tracks or whatsoever,the whole scene im talkin bout,not the freakin tracks.
Lots of tracks are fuckin good but cuz this all gets too freakin big and 1 bunch of djs who play all the same tracks its getting kinda boring and NOT special anymore at all.

Do i have too explain EVERYTHING?!

What you're trying to say is that you felt cool before, because not a lot of people knew about the EDM scene, and now you feel less cool, or sorry, you said "it" feels less "special" now that a lot of people like it. What I have a hard time understanding, is how can one effect the other? How can the feel of a scene, which if you don't remember is really about the Music, be affected by the number of people attending an event?

The music should be what drives this scene. You're an elitist, and people like you feel that only a certain type of person should be permitted to enjoy the music. Markus Schulz commented on this. We should at least respect the growth of this scene, and the new people it brings in. Try your hardest to put your ego aside, and try even harder to accept the fact that the EDM scene is no longer a primaraly underground scene. Try to respect members of this community.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 19:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Cataclysmic Click here to Send Cataclysmic a Private Message Add Cataclysmic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
romchik
Senior tranceaddict

Nice post Markus - cannot wait for your new album!

et3rn/-\l s3/-\rch of sunris3

Old Post Oct-27-2004 19:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for romchik Click here to Send romchik a Private Message Add romchik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
placebo
501xx

quote:
Originally posted by paranoik0
Yep, there has been too much drama the last couple days (even though i'll admit to have contributed to it on a small part), time to dumb down TA for a while. LETZ ALL POST YA BEST PwN3d Piczzz!!!!

I agree.

*shrugs*

I'll just stay in the chillout room. I like talking about the curve of my penis more then stupid drama about Dave Piazza. I thought Dave Piazza was a catcher for the Dodger's or something.

Eh whatever.

"We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."

Old Post Oct-27-2004 19:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for placebo Click here to Send placebo a Private Message Add placebo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donna
Elitist

quote:
Originally posted by Cataclysmic
What you're trying to say is that you felt cool before, because not a lot of people knew about the EDM scene, and now you feel less cool, or sorry, you said "it" feels less "special" now that a lot of people like it. What I have a hard time understanding, is how can one effect the other? How can the feel of a scene, which if you don't remember is really about the Music, be affected by the number of people attending an event?

The music should be what drives this scene. You're an elitist, and people like you feel that only a certain type of person should be permitted to enjoy the music. Markus Schulz commented on this. We should at least respect the growth of this scene, and the new people it brings in. Try your hardest to put your ego aside, and try even harder to accept the fact that the EDM scene is no longer a primaraly underground scene. Try to respect members of this community.

U may call me an elitist,i will wear my title with pride.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 19:56  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Donna Click here to Send Donna a Private Message Visit Donna's homepage! Add Donna to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
torontotrance
I hath returned

quote:
Originally posted by Cataclysmic

I think you have it backwards here, how can she be an elitist if she no longer likes certain music but still respects them. That's opinion, not saying what is better. Elitism is saying that one genre is the greatest and that's it. Look at history dude, how many genres have hit ruts because it has gone more commercial, then crashed then gone underground again. That is the cycle, I think Mad Mike Banks got it right in 1991, when he started his UR label saying that they would do no press and just release music. He saw that it went to Derrick May's head, the fame and that was over a decade ago and now you have artists going thru the same thing. Mad Mike Banks might be a real nutbar but he showed that you can run a successful profitable business without the press whoring you.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 20:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for torontotrance Click here to Send torontotrance a Private Message Add torontotrance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Linx_da_cat
trancEaddict kitkat

sadly, this topic has degenerated to a shadow of its former self. it had the potential to host a really good discussion.

closed.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 20:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Linx_da_cat Click here to Send Linx_da_cat a Private Message Add Linx_da_cat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMDT agency? Carmina samples? Santa Claus? Help ID this! Russian or Polish Girl!! [2008] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFloorplay - "Automatic" (Original Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread