Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Q&A with Pig & Dan (Fri July 20 @ Stereo)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ostrich
13percent.ca

Q&A with Pig & Dan (Fri July 20 @ Stereo)

1. This will be your third time in Montreal, if I’m not mistaken. Can you describe your first experience and what impression it left in your mind?

Have to admit that it's hands down one of the top places on this planet to find true music loving folk who know how to really rock da house. I'm so excited about playing Stereo, its been a long time in the making and I'm so ready for it.

2. You’ve recently launched your new label, ONOLOG. Do Submission and Pig & Dan Records still exist? Can you tell us what prompted the creation of a new label? Are you planning to release exclusively on digital and will the label be solely used as a platform for your own productions?

We have run into a few problems with the copyright of the name for ONOLOG due to a company in Spain demands to close it. They won and we lost ; ( We have brand new project which I can't announce just yet, but I can confirm that its the most exciting label project we have done to date. It will include vinyl and digital by the way. Watch this space ; )

3. Outside of DJ gigs and studio sessions, what are your other passions? Are either of you secret master chefs or lucha libre wrestlers?

Hahhahhaa we both love cooking and scuba diving, however our schedule doesn’t really cater for many other things other than playing and making music. We can't complain this is what we love and do best, we feel so very lucky to live from it!!

4. You are celebrating 10 years of Pig & Dan with a forthcoming new album on Soma Records entitled DECADE”. This is your fourth artist album to date. How long did it take you to produce the album? Are there some previously unreleased tracks from the past decade?

Well there's a huge archive of unreleased tracks of course but they're tracks we felt shouldn't really be released because they were not up to scratch. As far as making DECADE, it came together over a few months work. As usual its collection of what we feel represents us on a whole. It has all the flavors from the last ten years in there and is a giant crescendo of musical madness. We do feel this is our best work to date, so I hope you all agree!

5. Dan, you’ve professed your admiration for David Guetta in another interview. Is it his passion for the music, branding, skills as a DJ or are we missing something?

Well I feel that comments I made were blown out of proportion somewhat, however I do believe he has opened the dance music door to a greater audience and made people see that producers in this genre are to be taken a bit more seriously on a whole. He also has his feet firmly on the ground and I believe that if your representing us all in a way as a DJ figure, he as a person is fantastic at doing so. He is a really nice, down to earth guy who is smashing it at what he does. Even though his sound is not my thing I take my hat off to him. There’s a few of other high profile DJs who are really acting stupid in public and look down on folk because of their success. I don’t have time for people like that and I don’t think they deserve respect what so ever.

Thank you, Pig & Dan! See you all on Friday!

04.03 | Daome w/ Shed & Deadbeat
04.18 | Stereo w/ Matthew Dekay
05.01 | Salon Daomé
05.17 | Stereo w / Sven Vath
05.18 | Piknic Electronik
05.18 | Le Bleury

Old Post Jul-20-2012 20:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ostrich Click here to Send ostrich a Private Message Visit ostrich's homepage! Add ostrich to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Q&A with Pig & Dan (Fri July 20 @ Stereo)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksasha sample WMC 2005 #3... [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMauro Picotto - "Komodo" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread