Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Is Ableton hard to use?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
generic
Supreme tranceaddict

Is Ableton hard to use?

I find that I still collect singles but have no interest in recording mixes and listening back, I just criticize the mixing when I do this.
So purely to have good tracks that are sequenced/mixed well I'm thinking of ableton, is it hard to use?

Thanks

Old Post Jun-11-2012 21:11  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for generic Click here to Send generic a Private Message Add generic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

So you mean just drop the tracks and let them mix themselves? The only program that really does this is Mixmeister but you'll probably not be happy with the results. Why not use Traktor with sync? If you want a good set on3e way or another you will have to play it out and record it.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jun-11-2012 21:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

just pay me to do it.

Old Post Jun-11-2012 21:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
generic
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
So you mean just drop the tracks and let them mix themselves? The only program that really does this is Mixmeister but you'll probably not be happy with the results. Why not use Traktor with sync? If you want a good set on3e way or another you will have to play it out and record it.

I dont expect it to do it by itself.
I wanna know if the whole warping or stretching process is really complicated since I've never looked at the software.

Old Post Jun-11-2012 21:58  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for generic Click here to Send generic a Private Message Add generic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

Traktor is easier if you want your tracks mixed flawlessly.

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Jun-11-2012 21:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

Well the process of warping and making sets in ableton gets tedious and boring real quick and sucks the fun out of DJing, at least for me. It's not hard to do but can initially take a bit of getting used to.

But I think for what you saying you want to do, ableton would be a much better choice than traktor for a few reasons, namely the fact that your can precisely place your tracks without even having to play them, automate the balance and eq. You have a much better waveform view, you can also adjust the pitch independently from the tempo to get track's in key that aren't normally, and results are far superior to traktor's pitch lock.

Old Post Jun-15-2012 21:51  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

quote:
Originally posted by Teezdalien

the process of warping and making sets in ableton gets tedious and boring real quick and sucks the fun out of DJing

Old Post Jun-15-2012 22:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

do both so you dont have to rely on the shitty beat sync in tracktor. Warp them so they are perfect, then hit sync once so the bpm is the same and just adjust the phase. It is vodka proof.

Old Post Jun-15-2012 22:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

what you should do is just pre-program your entire set, bounce it to mp3 and just play that while you douche out on stage, I mean why pressure yourself

Old Post Jun-15-2012 22:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

well that would sort of defeat the point of a dj now would it.

Old Post Jun-15-2012 22:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stormbringer
Senior tranceaddict

^

DJ Bl3nd does it, and now he's a rock fuckin' star..

Old Post Jun-17-2012 17:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Stormbringer Click here to Send Stormbringer a Private Message Add Stormbringer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

omg dj blend sucks

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Jun-17-2012 22:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Is Ableton hard to use?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplayed by miss nine [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLeroy - The First Flight [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread