Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Digital Dreams 2013 so far...
Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Whip_lash
Luciano

i missed him in Ibiza, so i really would like to cross him off the list this year...

Old Post Mar-15-2013 16:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Rattler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by progbeatz
They wont.....Somebody from the festival already stated there are only Two that remained from last year that will be on this year....and that was Hawtin and Lawler....Fresh new Faces now

Glad to hear that, I really like Dubfire but I'm so tired of seeing him now. Fingers crossed for Pan-Pot

Old Post Mar-15-2013 17:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for The Rattler Click here to Send The Rattler a Private Message Add The Rattler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
devnull
Supreme tranceaddict

lawler and richie....well i might be able my night this time around and not lose a shoe in the process ROFL

Old Post Mar-15-2013 18:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for devnull Add devnull to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shankar
Senior tranceaddict

And here's why DD will never bring new names.
"So far unimpressed, Hawtin I'll enjoy seeing again."
Why go to a festival if you are unimpressed? I'm sure there is a better way to spend that $60 (perhaps by going to DEMF instead and hearing quality music?).
See, DD is getting that hint that people in Toronto are nothing but passive sheep. They'll never be impressed but they will pay anyways. Why try hard? There will be people anyways. I can picture them saying "be grateful that you've got a music festival at all!"
I just got back from Australia, where music festivals are a usual thing. They've got so many, you can actually pick which one to go to. I was at Rainbow Serpent, and that festival simply blew me away. The whole weekend was an awesome selection of underground music, featuring artists that are not cliche, but draw huge crowds nonetheless. The cherry on the cream of course was Sasha with his amazing DJ set on Sunday night.
Sure they've got festivals similar to DD, but its really only catered to the cattle who have no sense and taste in electronic music.
My point here is, either we demand better selection and variety of artists, or it turns into becoming an outdoor version of The Guv.

www.tribalvision.cz

Old Post Mar-15-2013 18:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Shankar Click here to Send Shankar a Private Message Visit Shankar's homepage! Add Shankar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hardcore trancer
Mystic Mind

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by Shankar
Why go to a festival if you are unimpressed? I'm sure there is a better way to spend that $60 (perhaps by going to DEMF instead and hearing quality music?).
See, DD is getting that hint that people in Toronto are nothing but passive sheep. They'll never be impressed but they will pay anyways. Why try hard? There will be people anyways. I can picture them saying "be grateful that you've got a music festival at all!"
I just got back from Australia, where music festivals are a usual thing. They've got so many, you can actually pick which one to go to. I was at Rainbow Serpent, and that festival simply blew me away. The whole weekend was an awesome selection of underground music, featuring artists that are not cliche, but draw huge crowds nonetheless. The cherry on the cream of course was Sasha with his amazing DJ set on Sunday night.
Sure they've got festivals similar to DD, but its really only catered to the cattle who have no sense and taste in electronic music.
My point here is, either we demand better selection and variety of artists, or it turns into becoming an outdoor version of The Guv.

+1

very very well said.

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/DJMysticMind

Old Post Mar-15-2013 19:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for hardcore trancer Click here to Send hardcore trancer a Private Message Visit hardcore trancer's homepage! Add hardcore trancer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

richie started so slow last year for the first bit of his set, thankfully it picked up after. dubfire did the same after carlo lio.. carlo should have had a longer slot, the only thing i enjoyed of dubfires set was him ending with grindhouse lol. stand out of day 1 was lawler playing charles ramirez insane it sounded so much better on the beach. only person i would like to see return from last year would be guy gerber. definately gunna be a last minute purchase this year

Old Post Mar-15-2013 19:11  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:

Its the second year we got more then one electronic music festival(WEMF being the original) in this town... so i think we gotta be patient and support what we got coming if you want a variety in the future...

Old Post Mar-15-2013 20:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sasha
Obsequey

quote:
Originally posted by The Rattler
Pan-Pot

House is not just a groove. House is a feeling. And when u feel it, you will understand... house music gets you up and makes you high...

Old Post Mar-15-2013 21:18  Latvia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sasha Click here to Send Sasha a Private Message Visit Sasha's homepage! Add Sasha to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

this.

Old Post Mar-15-2013 21:54  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
Its the second year we got more then one electronic music festival(WEMF being the original) in this town... so i think we gotta be patient and support what we got coming if you want a variety in the future...

you think live nation will bring in great underground artists to a festival setting?

Old Post Mar-15-2013 21:56  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darouge11
Turntable Terrorist.

PACO OSUNA just added !

Great vibes at wave house this afternoon, but not sure what dahlback played that cheesy god awful music after me, didnt even know i was on the same gig as these guys!! lol ... seriously what the hell is that sound!! eeeekkkk

-Steve Lawler

Old Post Mar-17-2013 16:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for darouge11 Click here to Send darouge11 a Private Message Add darouge11 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:

I hear what you are saying, but I think it will just take time. Like all things, culture takes time to build. We just got festivals last year, we haven't even got through year #2. As you said, in Australia festivals are normal, and probably have been for a very long time.

I think after the novelty wears off, more and more people will be pushing for something different. Right now, these events are different from what we have had for the last 10 years. The base will grow, people will diversify, new promoters will get involved, and things will improve.

Experiences are all the same, whether it is a festival, or dating. You have to go on enough bad dates, to learn what you really want.

Old Post Mar-18-2013 18:56  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Digital Dreams 2013 so far...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack played by dj code [2008] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBoccaccio Life - "The Secret Wish" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread