Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Best sets during WMC
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
bdr222
Angry ****** Apprentice

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats

5) Not music related. But Scarlett's Cabaret is the best place on earth. That is all.

Couldn't agree more!

Old Post Apr-01-2015 13:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bdr222 Click here to Send bdr222 a Private Message Add bdr222 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
^^^

My buddy was at MAPS for Soul Clap too and said it was pure sex on the dancefloor.

I see we actually have pretty similar taste in music. If it wasn't for so much talent crossover (and having seen many of those cats at WMCs past) I prob would have been to some of your choices.

Too bad I'm never doing WMC again. Dah well.

Yeah, their set was perfect. Everything just fell into place.

Funny, cuz I feel totally outnumbered on the board sometimes, nice to see another househead.

True. With so much crossover and so many events...its hard to believe that you run into people multiple times over the week, but you do.

...there's always next year...i never count this week out, even at my age.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Apr-01-2015 14:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Huff22
tranceaddict

Somehow wound up at the Bank on Sunday Morning around 4-6. Marco Bailey was throwing Bombs. Jeeeeeezus H Christ.

Old Post Apr-01-2015 15:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Huff22 Click here to Send Huff22 a Private Message Add Huff22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by bdr222
Couldn't agree more!

lol....wanted to check out E11even too but it was a little too pricy. Scarletts is well worth the can ride. They don't make me like that in NY, that's for sure.

Old Post Apr-01-2015 17:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cl384923
Senior tranceaddict

I dont think i saw one bad set the entire 5 days except for the fact I would say the Toolroom party @ The National had some of the worst sound I have ever experienced, volume was low, sound leaking over from RBGH @ The Sag, maybe the weather had something to do with it but it was bad. Listened to the opening of Maceo's set at Trade and it was just not for me spent the rest of the night rocking to Drifter/Mano and thought the music was great but the crowd turnout was pathetic. Dixon was even in the booth with them and most people didnt even realize.

Highlights for me were actually first 2 nights:

Wed: Agoria --> Dusky, really kicked off the week, Dusky only did 2 hours but just unleashed on Treehouse

Thurs: Paradise through and through, everyone from Jackmaster early, HS82, Guy Gerber, Lawler, Jamie

Other things:

Pleasantly surprised with FDR on saturday for Guy Gerber, was never too crowded and really enjoyed 3 hour set

And Drumcode well was just Drumcode, left at 11 am and things were fully getting weird in a good way

Old Post Apr-01-2015 21:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl384923 Click here to Send cl384923 a Private Message Add cl384923 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wezvidz
tranceaddict

Deep Dish and Duke Dumont @ Tong Pool Party

Gerber @ Paradise

Umek @ Toolroom

Maceo @ Trade

CLAUDE @ GET LOST ALLEY.. omg.
Sneak b2b Doc Martin @ Get Lost
Ellen Allien @ Get Lost
Tolfrey @ Get Lost

Maya, Ben UFO, Dixon @ Last Resort

God I had a fun 5 days. Amazed myself at how I held strong from beginning to end on minimal sleep. Still hurting now though.

Old Post Apr-01-2015 23:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wezvidz Click here to Send wezvidz a Private Message Add wezvidz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BPM_PHL
Senior tranceaddict

Circo Loco pool party Friday was Dope. Great, great, great crowd. Beautiful venue and people, the rain could not stop that vibe! Cassy vs. D'julz, were ok but kinda disjointed. Troxler had moments of brilliance but he just can't keep much consistency and it shows even in shorter sets. Then the sun went down and Damian Lazrus hypnotized us.

Then left for Cadenza at Dream. Great party! Luciano played for about 3 hours. Rain again was a downer but the small crowd that was there was going off anyway and being on a roof in Miami during a wicked T storm is quite an experience in it's own right.

Got a free ticket emailed to me for the Circo Loco Warehouse Friday night, as did all ticket holders of the pool party. Went to check it out since ya know, free. Mana wasn’t really that impressive, you would think they could have had one single laser, maybe a strobe from party city or something? Nope, just a plain old warehouse room inside, and speaker bins set up outside. No one was inside the whole night, like barely anyone. Feel bad bc there were good DJs in there. Apollonia right smashed it though. First time seeing those lads and I couldn’t stop moving. I don’t think there were actually many tickets sold to this event as it was announced very late in the game and it definitely was a “free ticket” kind of crowd. Most folks were staring at their phones/shoes and not moving much. Anyway Tale of Us came next. I don’t particularly like them but holy smokes, I think the devil may have been with me that night. Opened with Mind Against Strange Days Recondite remix and were just relentless the remainder of their time with the eerie, end of the world type synths. They won a fan here.

Get Lost. Were to even start. The people, music, vibe and aesthetic was as good as I could imagine a party being. I was there around 14 hours in total and I did not hear a single bad record. The whole thing was a highlight reel and its very heard to pick anyone out from the pack. Soul Clap, Tennis, Fur Coat, Ida, Bob Moses, Josh Wink playing mental tribal, ditto for Squillace and Dubfire, Claude smashing the fukkkk out of that alley (sometimes you just need a grimy back yard get down.) Metrika playing a beautiful live set. Yes I sang along like a school girl when Carl Craig played Fleetwood Mac haha. Wow it’s really hard to pick out a bad set. Best part of the event was the day party with all the artists walking around and mingling amongst the crowd. Worst part was the restroom situation, which sucked, but the rest of the production and the music was so good it was impossible to leave anyway. I did manage to leave for 2 hours to eat and regroup, it was getting really crowded when i dipped and I was worried the night part would be overwhelming but to my delight it was manageable when I came back for the after-hours. Night time highlights were Matt Tolfrey smashing the Alley, which seemed like it was the #1 place to be in all of Miami lol, and the Wizardy with Three, Jonny White, Damian, and Dj Tennis dropping nuclear warheads for a straight 5 hours. Man that was some pure black voodoo, when all is said and done it is going to in the tops sets I’ve seen anywhere ever. I heard Beduoin had an equally good 7 hour set in the studio but my friends said it was unbearably hot in there so i never chanced it.

Got back at around 4am and tried to rest a couple hours for ship of fools but couldn’t muster the strength to go and I’m still kicking myself for it.

After the magic at Get Lost, Last Resort was just a let down really. The lack of production stood out even more since I actually paid for the party ($60 at that!.) It felt more like a lame DJ concert and was pretty vibeless. Thumbs up for the free tequila beer but that’s about it. Danny Daze played some nice techno and everyone else was pretty forgettable and the order of the sets made no sense at all to me. Ben UFO was ok but with the hype, nothing really to stick in the brain, same for Dixon. Maya and Jackmaster were just bad IMO I feel like they didn’t really know what to play to fit that weird environment and we ended up getting mostly hip hop laced house from those two.

Went to Drumcode after. Cut my losses and played $50 on top of my presale ticket but it was worth it. The techno loft and terrace were pumping for the 7 hours I was there. Not so much a fan of the dark driving stuff but I think this was the right atmosphere for that. Around 9am Cap started dropping the groovy, housey stuff in but my legs just couldn’t give me anything more and I missed the whole day party which wrapped up around 6PM! Crowd was fantastic and I think was a perfect example of the melting pot that this music was originally supposed to be.

Next year I’m doing more pools and yachts and skipping the big blowouts except for Get Lost as that party just can’t be missed.

Last edited by BPM_PHL on Apr-02-2015 at 02:21

Old Post Apr-02-2015 02:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BPM_PHL Click here to Send BPM_PHL a Private Message Add BPM_PHL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rissinite
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by BPM_PHL
Anyway Tale of Us came next. I don’t particularly like them but holy smokes, I think the devil may have been with me that night. Opened with Mind Against Strange Days Recondite remix and were just relentless the remainder of their time with the eerie, end of the world type synths. They won a fan here.

They ALWAYS destroy! Always. When they dropped Daniel Bortz - Steady Note at the peak I thought Earth was going to rip open and eat itself

Old Post Apr-02-2015 03:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Rissinite Click here to Send Rissinite a Private Message Add Rissinite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
floridacurteese
Supreme tranceaddict

Maceo Plex @ Trade - I don't like how packed trade gets, but it was a surreal experience and fantastic set.

Wednesday - Dusky @ Treehouse freakin rocked. Sad that I missed Lane 8's 30 minute random appearance.

Thursday - 16 bit lolitas B2B Lane 8, best show for Above & Beyond's night

Saturday - Anjunadeep, the entire lineup was amazing and was probably one of my more memorable experiences of ANY WMC week. Great vibe/people, and awesome venue. Was pretty cool to meet alot of the Anjunadeep guys that day as well. Definitely a trend going on here with every Lane 8 appearance.

My only gripe with WMC was the lack of A/C almost everywhere I went. Trade was hot AF. Apparently the A/C wasn't working at Treehouse for Dusky. And, Mana was a hot mess on Thursday night. Literally couldn't breathe. Wtf was up with all of that?

Old Post Apr-06-2015 21:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for floridacurteese Click here to Send floridacurteese a Private Message Visit floridacurteese's homepage! Add floridacurteese to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by floridacurteese
Maceo Plex @ Trade - I don't like how packed trade gets, but it was a surreal experience and fantastic set.

Wednesday - Dusky @ Treehouse freakin rocked. Sad that I missed Lane 8's 30 minute random appearance.

Thursday - 16 bit lolitas B2B Lane 8, best show for Above & Beyond's night

Saturday - Anjunadeep, the entire lineup was amazing and was probably one of my more memorable experiences of ANY WMC week. Great vibe/people, and awesome venue. Was pretty cool to meet alot of the Anjunadeep guys that day as well. Definitely a trend going on here with every Lane 8 appearance.

My only gripe with WMC was the lack of A/C almost everywhere I went. Trade was hot AF. Apparently the A/C wasn't working at Treehouse for Dusky. And, Mana was a hot mess on Thursday night. Literally couldn't breathe. Wtf was up with all of that?

Anjunadeep party was one of the best WMC experiences ever for me as well. Very chill and not pretentious. In fact, I was in line waiting to pee (bathroom situation is not great at Cafeina) and I'm standing there chatting with Jody Wisternoff. Pretty funny but cool.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Apr-07-2015 03:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LSG
tranceaddict

DT @ Space Terrace
Moudaber @ Trade

Old Post Apr-08-2015 17:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LSG Click here to Send LSG a Private Message Add LSG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cl384923
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by floridacurteese
Apparently the A/C wasn't working at Treehouse for Dusky.

I actually remember at one point putting my shirt over my head it was so damn hot, BUT that room cleared out big time and created a lot of space so in the end I was happy with it. The AC did end up coming back on towards the end of their set.

Separately, couldnt agree more with your AnjunaDeep comments. The only parties that compared to it was Paradise in my opinion and it was two completely different type of vibes.

Also agree that Dusky did murder Treehouse, they were unreal.

Old Post Apr-11-2015 01:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl384923 Click here to Send cl384923 a Private Message Add cl384923 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Best sets during WMC
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSteve Lawler @ Aria Video [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAlex Morph - New Harvest (New Club Mix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread