Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by neon
heyheyhey! leave us outta this! i ka-ra-teh chop you!

hey, on a more serious note, are there any D36 staff here, that can advise if I can bring my cam set-up (DSLR/ext flash), to photography JJ/ZR/JG on the decks and the crowd? I e-mailed D36 but have not gotten a response yet, figure I try here too

From what I've heard the first couple of weeks after they opened, photography is not allowed. Wait for an answer from the D36 ppl or ask Bradley Rose, they might have changed that.

Old Post Dec-09-2010 01:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

I think I saw a few smaller cameras there. But I hope they implement a no camera policy. Most of the best clubs in the world have this policy. But with camera phones its impossible really.

Old Post Dec-09-2010 01:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
From what I've heard the first couple of weeks after they opened, photography is not allowed. Wait for an answer from the D36 ppl or ask Bradley Rose, they might have changed that.

I've had a media coverage request in with multiple people including one of the owners since the club has opened. If it's gonna be this much wait and hassle I am not even going to bother. Either way the party I wanted to cover got canceled anyway. I'll just wait until one of the promoters I work with requests me to cover something there.

Old Post Dec-21-2010 20:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TaurusNYY
Techno says...Do this...

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
I've had a media coverage request in with multiple people including one of the owners since the club has opened. If it's gonna be this much wait and hassle I am not even going to bother. Either way the party I wanted to cover got canceled anyway. I'll just wait until one of the promoters I work with requests me to cover something there.

Do you have a flickr profile- would like to check out your past pics. Ill buddy you if so.

Old Post Dec-21-2010 20:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusNYY Click here to Send TaurusNYY a Private Message Add TaurusNYY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

I saw a girl from flawless taking pics last saturday.

I also sent an email to D36 about taking pics...

my review from the other thread

quote:
I got to D36 around 12:40 with a very small line. Got into the club within 5 minutes getting reduced admission. Right away the club seemed nice and tidy. I liked the design on the wall. Coat check went smoothly and up I went. The sound is really incredible without going into details. The club is nice and designed very well. I checked out every angle/corner (except the vip area). I do like the couches spread throughout the club, so you can sit down anytime and just chill. The crowd was really nice and chill, everybody was having fun with smile on their faces.
Beer was $8 (isn't the average $7) and water was $5 so that kind of surprised me. The lighting system is pretty cool, but the strobes were blinding me. My biggest gripe was the bouncers on the inside. Very rude(instead of saying excuse me they just fucking shove you to the side while walking through) and for some unknown reason the kept shining lights in peoples faces every FUCKING SECOND. It was really annoying and overall those bouncers seemed like they just wanted to fuck somebody up.

I only heard around half of Davide Squillace set which was really good and energetic. When Seth came on, he kind off killed the flow and energy for me. He picked it up around 310 am, but I ended up leaving around 330.

Overall, D36 is a very promising club if they stick to their original mantra. I will definitely step my foot in there again (prob very soon)

Last edited by SebG on Dec-21-2010 at 21:34

Old Post Dec-21-2010 21:12  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
Here's the fucking truth to this thread aiights

Everyone's all excited for the new spot, the new HOT SPOT, the new MONEY SPOT, the new DJ spot, the new spot yall can claim as being your new home where you all go out. You know to create that legacy so you can come on here and promote it.

So much so that those involved in doing whatever with D36 (promo, installing wires, getting tours, nailing floor boards) want to drop hints about how connected they are by advertising all the insider info. No one gives a fuck that you leaking pictures of the dancefloor or the booth new hydraulic lift system, or whatever. It doesn't give you some supreme status because you are somewhere close to people who work there. That leverage point is bullshit these days, everyone knows everyone and the minute things don't do as advertised you need to know that the flack you are receiving is from the very simple fact that you put yourself out there like that.

If you can't handle the heat you shouldn't be worthy of those tours or worthy of leaking those pictures. If you can't practice proper damage control or address publicly, you have no power to speak or publish on behalf of D36. And when peoples opinions begin to hurt feelings, that's when you realize maybe you should distance yourself from all of this 'until it gets good reviews'

some bullshit PR wannabe's if you ask me.

AND SO THE GRAVE DIGGING BEGINS!

EXIT DISTRICT 36

Where's sankeys?

Old Post May-07-2012 19:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Where's sankeys?

It's not happening anymore

Old Post May-07-2012 19:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:

:P lol

Old Post May-07-2012 19:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

I've read a very recent interview with David Vincent that it's still on.

Old Post May-08-2012 00:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
AND SO THE GRAVE DIGGING BEGINS!

EXIT DISTRICT 36

i was there on sat and 2 weeks ago for luciano
both parties were packed and went well into the morning
but between the heat on the club and how if you look at their calander theres pretty much no future bookings
i would say the club def needs sometime off to remanage certain things

Old Post May-08-2012 00:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
I've read a very recent interview with David Vincent that it's still on.

Link please?

Old Post May-08-2012 19:46  United States
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Link please?

http://ibiza2012.net/2012/the-story...orward-to-2012/

Old Post May-08-2012 23:59  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRussian track I need identified... [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTin Tin Out - "Strings for Yasmin" (Matt Darey Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread