Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply

Okay, so, went to coda finally. Finally popped my coda cherry. I know it wasn't a big night as it was just an afterparty, but holy god that was some shitty music. Most generic bland garbage ive heard in a long time from like 12-3. Is that really what Toronto listens to nowadays?

The good: coda was really cool in terms of design. More led's on the ceiling! And definitely add some circulation in the mens toilets holy god. Sound was good, albeit bass heavy (or maybe that was just the fucking shit music). The guy from 3 until 4ish (Montreal dude?) saved the night for me so thanks.

The bad: please don't book whoever was on peak time ever again. Ever. Listen if I can close my eyes and start falling asleep on the dance floor it's probably because you are playing uninspiring shit.

Would post more of a review but I'm on my phone and can't type worth shit on this.

Old Post Aug-31-2014 15:05 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

i had high hopes for Guy J boat cruise. music was good but after a while the energy level stayed the same and excitement levels went down, it didn't go anywhere and ended up going back to what sounded like warm up tracks. i preferred the eelke kleijn cruise to this one. concept was cool though of the midnight cruise, the boat was rocking (in a bad way due to waves)

Old Post Aug-31-2014 15:25  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Okay, so, went to coda finally. Finally popped my coda cherry. I know it wasn't a big night as it was just an afterparty, but holy god that was some shitty music. Most generic bland garbage ive heard in a long time from like 12-3. Is that really what Toronto listens to nowadays?

The good: coda was really cool in terms of design. More led's on the ceiling! And definitely add some circulation in the mens toilets holy god. Sound was good, albeit bass heavy (or maybe that was just the fucking shit music). The guy from 3 until 4ish (Montreal dude?) saved the night for me so thanks.

The bad: please don't book whoever was on peak time ever again. Ever. Listen if I can close my eyes and start falling asleep on the dance floor it's probably because you are playing uninspiring shit.

Would post more of a review but I'm on my phone and can't type worth shit on this.

Who played last night?

Old Post Aug-31-2014 18:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
Who played last night?

I have no idea haha

Old Post Aug-31-2014 20:08 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

Appolonia maybe? I think they were scheduled to play at coda after the summerdaze party. Btw, thought they were awesome at summerdaze.

Old Post Aug-31-2014 20:12  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

I went to Blondish the other week at Coda and they were pretty awesome.. the uglier one was a bit of a bitch... but their set was solid imo...
Met Lee Foss there as well... and as usual he was as high as a muthafucka lol

I might go to the EI afterparty 2nyte, does anybody know whos confirmed?

Old Post Sep-02-2014 01:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

Electric Island party was well run and everything, weather etc was great but those sets by everyone after 5pm was horrible. So slow and just when you thought Tale of Us was getting into it 35mins into their set they gave you nothing.

Thank God we left around 945 for the ferry because as we were boarding it started raining. Great event by the organizers but the music (sound had problems with mids and also the right front speaker wasn't working during Hot Since's set).

Sorry run on sentences and no flow, I'm just happy I'm home now.

Old Post Sep-02-2014 03:29  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

Damn... I thought Hot Since 82 would have at least delivered. Did he play Somebody, Everybody? That track is my track of the summer.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Sep-02-2014 03:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

eh i thought tale of us played a good groovy set towards the end, they started off slow. hot since 82 boring toronto yolo deep house/ tech crap that you hear by 90% of codas regulars. I'm guessing the dude before was jamie xx n he almost put me to sleep. shit show at ferry ticket line up, took mad long to get in and shit show with ticket line up- letting in people with no tickets in like 3x as fast. i think I'm done with electric island as of this point. sound was low- nothing good coming from going. ticket prices way too high for complete bogus lol. its like each show gets worse and worse. EI season done, only show i enjoyed was sven vath. can i have 120$ back ?!

Old Post Sep-02-2014 04:36  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Holy afterparty!!!

Old Post Sep-02-2014 08:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

And I got to hear their Remix of caribou!

Old Post Sep-02-2014 08:38  Canada
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
its like each show gets worse and worse. EI season done, only show i enjoyed was sven vath. can i have 120$ back ?!

This is exactly how I feel. Unless you bring Maceo Plex or some A class DJ then I'm done. I'm okay with these parties now. 7 out of 8 (missed the no-show Seth Troxler party thank God) is pretty good.

All 4 parties last year were amazing. Only Sven Vath was great this year. Although the events this year have been well run and organized. But they still have issues with sound.

You'll have to really wow me next year to come back. I think I may start taking it easy on Long Weekends now.

Old Post Sep-02-2014 12:03  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease ID - minimal prog track [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVirus - The Final Destiny [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread