Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2006.12.01. Donald Glaude & Jelo @ Opm
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
factory nightlife
Junior tranceaddict

2006.12.01. Donald Glaude & Jelo Dec 1st @ Opm

$10 PLUS IMPULSION AND BASHA RM 2 DNB HIP HOP
18+ PROPER ID

Old Post Nov-24-2006 02:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for factory nightlife Click here to Send factory nightlife a Private Message Visit factory nightlife's homepage! Add factory nightlife to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ry Diggs
MON THE SLUG

Location: New York State's 28th Congressional District..........THE FIGHTIN' 28TH!!!!!!!!
2006.12.01. Donald Glaude / Jelo / Ry Diggs @ OPM Lounge - Buffalo

FACTORY @ OPM PRESENTS
DEC 1ST

THANK GLAUDE IT'S FRIDAY

LET THE WEEKEND START WITH SOME FUNK

DONALD GLAUDE
The last few years have been very busy for veteran DJ Donald Glaude Donald's in-demand, crowd-rocking style has given him the opertunity to travel abroad to such places as Russia, Colombia, Hong Kong, Peru, Mexico City, Venezuela, Acapulco, The U.K.., and The Pimp N Ho Ball, just to name a few! Donald has been a club favorite and one of the most in demand artists in the country for over 17 years. He is one of those rare DJs who perceives their role to be that of an all-around entertainer and performer. Each night, his arsenal of track after funky track, seems to be endless. Lately, all of Donald's spare time has been consumed with producing his own tracks, which will be "Pulled Out With Pride" by him at a later date, for his new record labels EDEN RECORDS and JACKED.

His DJing career began inauspiciously in his hometown of Tacoma, Washington, south of Seattle, with a pair of mismatched turntables and a Radio Shack mixer. Donald's growing collection of new and old records gave him the desire to teach himself to blend his favorite tracks together. After mastering the basic skills, Donald began DJing in various clubs around Tacoma and Seattle including The Pacific Breeze, Vertigo and The Underground. During this time he ended up making several important connections, including that of an aspiring DJ by the name of Dan. Later, DJ Dan would convince San Francisco's legendary Funky Tekno Tribe, to bring his old friend Donald down to play at one of their parties. Donald soon became a permanent resident of F.T.T. Donald's energy and ability to work the crowd has earned him a huge following and has positioned him as one of the hottest DJs on the circuit.

In Donald's latest addition to The Mixed Live series, Donald, decieded that he wanted to record it at the legendary nightclub, Turnmills, in the U.K. This mix combines Donald's mixing skills with the energy that have made him one of the most exciting DJs to emerge in recent years. There are only a handfull of DJs that "must be experienced live." Donald, dubed "The James Brown of DJs" by Dave Aude, with his dynamic, animated and energized personality definitely, is one of these select few.

JELO
TORONTO

He has remixed pop stars and he has performed around the globe. He is known as 'The people's DJ' and one of the fastest beatmatchers live on decks amongst Canadians. He is an Electronic Music kitchen sink that has become a trailblazing influence on the floors, the streets, in people's cars and homes. His live shows are simply dazzling. The DJ known only as Jelo is a leader in North America's electronic music movement and an innovator and ambassador to all things hard and funky in Canada. Since his days supplying the heartbeat of Toronto's dancefloors in Eastern Bloc records to the most obscure clubs in the cozy corners of his Country one thing has become obvious - Experiencing these awe-inspired and interactive sets, regarded legendary by many, is what makes the Jelo experience different than that found with the average DJ.

His straightforward 'take the bull by the horns' approach towards music and performing has kept Jelo amongst the top echelons of DJs in Canada. His style of presentation is unique and bridges the gap between audience and performer. Jelo becomes one with the audience and uses his uncanny abilities to read a floor, any floor, regardless of where he is. A distinct irony is still exisitng regarding Jelo; for a DJ who is 'too hard' or 'too techno' or 'too different' his schedule has him busier, more in demand and more influential than the regular 'jocks' of his city. Jelo brought about this awareness of 'new' music that is often refered to as 'banging house, electro, electro house and techno' to be a fashionable asset. While most succumbed to whatever was popular at the time, Jelo stayed true and still walks his own path. He was the first DJ in the Toronto clubs to usher in Speed Garage, Hard House, Nu Skool sounds and never sticking to one genre. Jelo was constantly mashing things up. An innovator of moving sounds, even Eye Magazine awarded him the prestigious "most innovative DJ' award in their yearly DJ pools. Incorporating the spiciest elements of house, techno, breaks and rock blended with wild mixing abilities gives this DJ the distinction of all-around artist, entertainer, and performer. To Experience a Jelo show is to understand how the medium of Dance-based Electronic music can be a performance. Jelo is a musical performer who can make a full blown arena feel small. Jeff Renton and Ray Starr saw this and quickly grabbed Jelo to represent their label Bugeyed Records as their An'R. In doing so this has allowed many to experience a decidedly different bent of Electronic Dance Music to a growing number of acolytes. Jelo is No stranger to travel and has dazzled thousands in Greece, England, Dubai, Taiwan, Coast to Coast in the USA and every major urban centre in his home country of Canada. There is not one venue that can resist Jelo, big or small, at anytime, anywhere. This is something Jelo continually proves during every performance.

In a time when electronic music was stale in clubs, Jelo was one of the more influential staples in bringing tough, funky, energy charged beats into nightclubs across Canada. He literally Lead the way for other DJs to follow and set an example of what can be done in clubs, commercial or otherwise as a DJ. Never one to rest on his laurels, Jelo records for labels like BugeyedRecords.com, 2Wars.com, Promo, Universal, Geffen, Chris Smith Management, Free Records and Eden Recordings. His powerful diverse musical style has been licensed to DJs Bad Boy Bill, Donald Glaude and John Aquaviva, Josh Da Funky, Club Land Compilations and Summer hits 2006, Yahoo Ringtones and more; Releasing his own authentic mixes such as 'Jelo Live @ System' his latest mix album installment soon joining "Jelo: Live Mix" and "Scarlem Sessions" at major retailers everywhere. In the studio, combined with super producers The Commercial State AKA Jelo 1&2 AKA J.LaMagna and R.Kondrat the newest and best of the Jelo sound has been realized. Jelo has remixed Pop music sensations like Nelly Furtado, Divine Brown and Tamia... Jelo faces the never-ending battle of searching for sounds that together result in musical synergy which keeps his DJ schedule busy and their production in high demand. Promoters everywhere know that when your dancefloor needs rescuing, DJ Jelo is the one to call on.

Always maintaining the underground cool and respect of his peers Jelo refuses to compromise his musical principles. He exudes the authenticity of someone truly involved in a rhythmical love affair with music. Jelo's knowledge of artists and record labels is surpassed only by his natural drive to spread the joy these sounds has brought him. Always learning and always improving, the future for Jelo is guided by an awesome natural intensity, an astonishing musical dedication and a drive to change the world- one beat at a time.

JARVIS AND RY DIGGS
REBIRTH RECORDS//OPM//OTW
241 DRINKS HOT PEOPLE AND BIG BASS EVERY FRIDAY
OPM LOUNGE
680 MAIN ST
BUFFALO NY

REBIRTH RECORDS MYSPACE

Old Post Nov-24-2006 02:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Ry Diggs Click here to Send Ry Diggs a Private Message Visit Ry Diggs's homepage! Add Ry Diggs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Misanthrope
Lest We Forget

Location: Cause every time you turn on the music, I can't control what comes over me.

I'm in

+ 3

Old Post Nov-24-2006 04:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Misanthrope Click here to Send Misanthrope a Private Message Add Misanthrope to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Oldman1313
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Misanthrope
I'm in

+ 3

I have never been here and live down the street. WIth such for love for EDM, u think that i should. How is the place and what is dresscode/average age/crowd/drink prices/etc.

Old Post Nov-26-2006 23:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Oldman1313 Click here to Send Oldman1313 a Private Message Add Oldman1313 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Misanthrope
Lest We Forget

Location: Cause every time you turn on the music, I can't control what comes over me.

dude, I have no idea. It's my first time too!

Old Post Nov-26-2006 23:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Misanthrope Click here to Send Misanthrope a Private Message Add Misanthrope to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ry Diggs
MON THE SLUG

Location: New York State's 28th Congressional District..........THE FIGHTIN' 28TH!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Oldman1313
I have never been here and live down the street. WIth such for love for EDM, u think that i should. How is the place and what is dresscode/average age/crowd/drink prices/etc.

you can check out www.opiumloungebuffalo.com for more insight

REBIRTH RECORDS MYSPACE

Old Post Nov-27-2006 03:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Ry Diggs Click here to Send Ry Diggs a Private Message Visit Ry Diggs's homepage! Add Ry Diggs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Misanthrope
Lest We Forget

quote:
Originally posted by Ry Diggs
you can check out www.opiumloungebuffalo.com for more insight

you can stfu

Old Post Nov-27-2006 04:11 
Ry Diggs
MON THE SLUG

quote:
Originally posted by Misanthrope
you can stfu

just trying to help the guy out in addition to the useful info you gave him

REBIRTH RECORDS MYSPACE

Old Post Nov-27-2006 04:51  United States
Misanthrope
Lest We Forget

yo is ghetto attire permitted?

i'm down with my dungarees

Old Post Nov-27-2006 06:00 
devnull
Supreme tranceaddict

im in as usual!! only 30 mins away.

Beers are $3 US, cover was $15 for DJ Dan, this one is $10 i think.

Canadians....bring US money as they dont take CDN currency

Old Post Nov-28-2006 12:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for devnull Add devnull to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
remster
tranceaddict in training

yaaahhhh Buffalo! Its so exciting to finally see the city get some real electronic music action going. Props to the guys at OPM and to Jelo and Mr. Glaude for making this happen!

ps to everyone coming down from Canada, in Buffalo you can drink till 4 am!

Old Post Nov-28-2006 12:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for remster Click here to Send remster a Private Message Visit remster's homepage! Add remster to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Oldman1313
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by remster
yaaahhhh Buffalo! Its so exciting to finally see the city get some real electronic music action going. Props to the guys at OPM and to Jelo and Mr. Glaude for making this happen!

ps to everyone coming down from Canada, in Buffalo you can drink till 4 am!

Well i guess count me in +4

What is the girl situation, not that I care, the music is all Ill be caring about, But when you bring friends who dont listen to EDM you know thats what is going to keep them there.

Old Post Nov-28-2006 14:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Oldman1313 Click here to Send Oldman1313 a Private Message Add Oldman1313 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2006.12.01. Donald Glaude & Jelo @ Opm
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMint Tune from Kai Tracid Set - Uplifting - ID It !! [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackiio - "At The End" (Michael Woods Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread