Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > DEMF 2012!
Pages (47): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

No need for a car at all. Take cabs. Cabs will usually have the meter off because this is the 1 time they can actually make some money. Prepare to pay flat rates cause you will hardly find a cabi who will charge you with the meter running.

I've cabbed with strangers from the hotel who are going to the same after party

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post May-07-2012 04:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

Booked a cheap hotel 2 miles away from venue in an area that highly increases my chance of being murdered yyeessssssssss

Old Post May-07-2012 05:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edubbz
never turn into a pumpkin

i would have advised you to spend the extra bucks (which you'll be dishing out to/from festival/afterparties) into a closer hotel. You certainly don't need a car..cabs is all you'll be taking. worry not tho, it's really not expensive..just try not to take the gypsy cabs cause those will try and run your pockets. And as mentioned, talk around with ppl in your hotel...a lot of them head back to their rooms to shower and stuff after the festival so, chances are, you'll def bump into someone on their way out to an afterparty- see if anyone is heading to the same one as you are and split the cab.

Old Post May-07-2012 12:43  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
progbeatz
Supreme tranceaddict

soooooo im guessing the Get Physical Afterparty isnt happening this year or else they are taking there sweet little Time with it?? haha

Old Post May-07-2012 16:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for progbeatz Click here to Send progbeatz a Private Message Visit progbeatz's homepage! Add progbeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
Ok so...
I'm gonna go but I have some questions

1) hotel recommendations for this late? will it be tough . right now I think it's just one other person and I but maybe we'll find 2 other friends looking to go. 4 would make it easier, i suppose

2) is a car rental necessary?

3) any other pro-tips for the first timer?

1) Talk to xpand3r, I think he still has room

2) No. Don't even bother.

3) I'm working on it

Old Post May-07-2012 17:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yumpop
Supreme tranceaddict

Don't ever accept a flat rate from a driver. Open the door, get half way in and make sure the meter is turned on at that point. A driver beefed with me in front of the Doubletree one night when I wouldn't take his flat fare, I held to it and he respected, dude drove me to the airport after for cheap. The only time I would say to do flat rate is for the cab back to the airport, talk up drivers during the weekend and ask what they will charge from your hotel to the airport(do not share your room number), get their info and schedule with them around the time you want to leave, forty bucks is a good number for peak time

Old Post May-07-2012 18:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yumpop Click here to Send yumpop a Private Message Add yumpop to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

Ok guys, if you haven't bought tix for the Tribute to Detroit party, I highly recommend you to NOW. First release tickets are gone on May 12th and going for $35 after.

The lineup is the most retarded I have seen yet:

quote:
Kevin Saunderson, Derrick May, Juan Atkins, Eddie Fowlkes, & Blake Baxter together for one night only. - On the Main Stage of the Legends Room

Live acts on the Main Stage to include: Inner City, Carl Craig (69 Live)

Kenny Larkin, Stacey Pullen, Buzz Goree, Kyle Hall, Terrence Parker & MK - The Shelter Stage

Mike Clark, Mike Huckaby, Allan Ester, DJ Minx & D-Wynn - Deep & Funky Stage

Old Post May-08-2012 22:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lounger540
Techno Supreme

I only know two of those names. I thought we ran in the same circles too
Is that mostly detroit classic techno, because then that would make sense.

Old Post May-08-2012 22:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by yumpop
Don't ever accept a flat rate from a driver. Open the door, get half way in and make sure the meter is turned on at that point.

Good advice, but what should I say if the meter isn't on? "turn on the meter please" ? What if he refuses to give me a ride that way

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
Ok guys, if you haven't bought tix for the Tribute to Detroit party, I highly recommend you to NOW. First release tickets are gone on May 12th and going for $35 after.

The lineup is the most retarded I have seen yet

I was planning on going to this party but had only seen the names with the faces on that poster. Now I'm all like that's amazing.

Old Post May-08-2012 22:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
I only know two of those names. I thought we ran in the same circles too
Is that mostly detroit classic techno, because then that would make sense.

All Detroit artists. I think Blake Baxter is from NY though.

Watch this as homework for before Detroit:

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
Good advice, but what should I say if the meter isn't on? "turn on the meter please" ? What if he refuses to give me a ride that way

There will always be a cab ride behind. If he's not willing to start the meter, he's planning to rip you off. Make sure you have your google maps running too

quote:
I was planning on going to this party but had only seen the names with the faces on that poster. Now I'm all like that's amazing.

This is an AMAZING lineup, it's basically the whole story of Detroit techno in one night. So dope.

Old Post May-08-2012 23:13  United States
lounger540
Techno Supreme

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chaska

I wish the KMS 25 classics album was being released before this party and not after. Either way, I already got my tix for Interface 36 that night. I added this video to my queue though, should be good info for the fest

Old Post May-08-2012 23:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chaska

I wish the KMS 25 classics album was being released before this party and not after. Either way, I already got my tix for Interface 36 that night. I added this video to my queue though, should be good info for the fest

I got tix for Droid/Blank Code too I'll be jumping back and forth if I have to!

Old Post May-09-2012 01:25  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > DEMF 2012!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (47): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKind of old Tiesto ID needed [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackIgor S - Boomerang [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread