Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > This Deadmau5 quote made me lol
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Pijpsie
tranceaddict in training

Talking This Deadmau5 quote made me lol

Wonder if he's using copies of Rolling Stone magazine as a flotation device.

From the New York Times article:

“E.D.M. has turned into a massively marketed cruise ship, and it’s sinking fast,” the D.J. and producer Deadmau5 wrote on his Tumblr page on Tuesday. “All I’m trying to do is put on my life jacket and swim as far away from this shipwreck as fast as I can.”

Old Post Jul-04-2012 16:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Pijpsie Click here to Send Pijpsie a Private Message Add Pijpsie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

Deadmau5 has grown on me. His latests rants on "pressing play" aimed at the cheesy house guys was great (even though he mistakenly threw the true DJs under the bus as well but he later cleared that up) and love how he just basically shittalks on Afrojack, Skrillex, Paris Hilton, etc. His recent productions have been pretty good too and at least he knows how to DJ even though he usually only does semi pre recorded "artist shows". He's kinda leading to charge for the mainstream noobs to revolt against cheesy mainstream house and go to the "underground", or at least the semi-underground.

Old Post Jul-04-2012 17:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
junkproject
Supreme tranceaddict

Pot calling the kettle black.

Old Post Jul-04-2012 18:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for junkproject Click here to Send junkproject a Private Message Add junkproject to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by junkproject

Old Post Jul-04-2012 22:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sedna
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by junkproject

I disagree, because Deadmau5 is actually a solid producer. Whether you like his tunes or not, you can't disregard the fact that his chord progressions, melodies, and song structure are all spot on. He's quite a talented musician, at least when producing if not when performing live. I've played multiple orchestral instruments as well as a few others for about 15 years now, and I can tell you that among all of the cheese-tastic house producers out there, Joel Zimmerman is one of the only ones who actually has a fucking clue how to make music.

http://www.soundcloud.com/danielnusdeo

Old Post Jul-05-2012 02:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sedna Click here to Send Sedna a Private Message Visit Sedna's homepage! Add Sedna to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

i'm pretty torn about dead-mauh-five. his early stuff was OFF THE HOOK. arguru is one of my favorite tracks. faxing berlin, etc. were all really really good. saw him live a few times but felt like it was the same set each time so i got a little bored.

to this day, i think his fame/fan base is more due to the fact that he's a BRILLIANT marketer rather than his dj/producing skills. that mouse head is fucking genius. without it, he's another DJ playing decent music. with it, it's a brand. it's a pretty cool gimmick that worked like a charm.

i follow him on twitter and sometimes, he's fucking hilarious. he says some pretty funny things, pokes fun at himself and just trolls EVERYONE. but sometimes, he's just really annoying and stupid. he's obviously a huge prick, but it's not like's the only asshole out there. but when you're as vocal about shit like he is, everyone zooms in on you.

i don't really follow his music today but i know his new track 'the veldt' is doing pretty well. his show looks great of course - that cube thing is pretty awesome. and i do respect that he's trying to make a push for the realization of how cheesy/ridiculous the scene has gotten in regards to crappy sets, subpar productions, etc.

he has a huge fanbase so his word really gets out there. so i guess i like the guy more than i like the DJ.

Old Post Jul-05-2012 14:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

did someone say deadmau5

Old Post Jul-05-2012 18:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sedna
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
did someone say deadmau5

this is so gross

http://www.soundcloud.com/danielnusdeo

Old Post Jul-06-2012 01:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sedna Click here to Send Sedna a Private Message Visit Sedna's homepage! Add Sedna to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DOOMBOT
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sedna
this is so gross

Didn't need to see it twice.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 02:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for DOOMBOT Click here to Send DOOMBOT a Private Message Add DOOMBOT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by diabloargentino
i'm pretty torn about dead-mauh-five. his early stuff was OFF THE HOOK. arguru is one of my favorite tracks. faxing berlin, etc. were all really really good. saw him live a few times but felt like it was the same set each time so i got a little bored.

totally agreed man
arguru is the tits

Old Post Jul-06-2012 06:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

I was going to go with a mickey mouse like logo in 2001 as well, lol.

Oh shit, must be a coincidence!

p.s. this design not happen because it was too candy raver and I had a huge falling out with the designer at the time... and then scene politics pissed me off and I said fuck it. No regrets, I'm still here.

He makes (mostly) good music... he just has to deal with a lot of bs that you guys don't see/never hear about.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jul-08-2012 16:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
I was going to go with a mickey mouse like logo in 2001 as well, lol.

[mg]http://tranceaddict.com/test/concept/trance9_concept.jpg[/img]

Oh shit, must be a coincidence!

p.s. this did not happen because it was too candy raver and I had a huge falling out with the designer at the time... and then scene politics pissed me off and I said fuck it. No regrets, I'm still here.

My eyes are burning

Old Post Jul-08-2012 17:00  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > This Deadmau5 quote made me lol
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWhat is this track 1 of 2? [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVoodoo & Serano - "Blood Is Pumpin" (Azzido Da Bass Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread