Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
girllovingtvibe
on a happy vibe

The Culture of Make Believe
Derrick Jensen

a completely interesting read....

Old Post Feb-14-2006 20:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for girllovingtvibe Click here to Send girllovingtvibe a Private Message Add girllovingtvibe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
washout
southern white boy

just got done reading dogs of god, james reston.
less about spanish inquisition, more about spain vs moors.
good bit about columbus and his shit.
not a bad read i guess.
picked up the terror, david andress.
french revolution bullshit, one of my favorite subjects.

http://www.cev3.com/

Old Post Feb-18-2006 22:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for washout Click here to Send washout a Private Message Visit washout's homepage! Add washout to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psy-T
Melody Klein

Thumbs up

I just read Plato's Crito

One of my favorite dialogues so far, excellent writing, and beautiful arguements conjured by Socrates.

Critos on Project Gutenberg

Old Post Feb-19-2006 19:41  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Psy-T Click here to Send Psy-T a Private Message Visit Psy-T's homepage! Add Psy-T to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
washout
southern white boy

anyone read the world is flat ??
author i dont know.

http://www.cev3.com/

Old Post Feb-20-2006 03:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for washout Click here to Send washout a Private Message Visit washout's homepage! Add washout to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
d-miurge
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Psy-T
I just read Plato's Crito

One of my favorite dialogues so far, excellent writing, and beautiful arguements conjured by Socrates.

Critos on Project Gutenberg

I hate Plato! Nietzsche is much better imo.

Old Post Feb-20-2006 09:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for d-miurge Click here to Send d-miurge a Private Message Add d-miurge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psy-T
Melody Klein

quote:
Originally posted by d-miurge
I hate Plato! Nietzsche is much better imo.

i'm reading works of philosophy chronologically, i'll get to him too.
though i have skimmed through a lot of works in the past, i've never really properly read them untill recently.

Old Post Feb-20-2006 10:01  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Psy-T Click here to Send Psy-T a Private Message Visit Psy-T's homepage! Add Psy-T to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marc Summers
I must behave

I have a couple of recommendations:

1. The Clash of Fundamentalisms: Crusades, Jihads and Modernity by Tariq Ali

2. Origins of Terrorism: Psychologies, Ideologies, Theologies, States of Mind by Walter Laquer

Old Post Feb-25-2006 17:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Summers Click here to Send Marc Summers a Private Message Add Marc Summers to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveSZ
When The Levee Breaks

I've been reading a book by Bob Woodward about the infamous Deep Throat - Mark Felt.

If you’re into politics at all, you will find this book fascinating.

In one section Felt describes how the FBI had bugged Martin Luther King's hotel rooms, and that section was particularly humorous because it details how King had a constant string of White women coming to his hotel room (basically throwing themselves at him) for orgies.

I guess King practiced what he preached about White and Black unity.

:chuckle:

Anyways, the book is called The Secret Man by Bob Woodward.

I also recommend a great book on the science of sexual selection called The Mating Mind : How Sexual Choice Shaped the Evolution of Human Nature by Geoffrey Miller. Miller, a Stanford PHD, describes his theory that our bodies are simply vehicles built by our genes in order to replicate themselves. After you read his book, you are made more aware of how many human behaviors that may seem strange are simply related to mating.

It's a great book and I highly recommend it, but a note of caution: If you're a religious nut it will probably be blasphemy to you and your head may explode.

Dave

Last edited by DaveSZ on Mar-11-2006 at 02:25

Old Post Mar-11-2006 00:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveSZ Click here to Send DaveSZ a Private Message Add DaveSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kapedano
Forza Inter!

I dont know if you guys have mentioned this book, but its by Napoleon Hill and its called "Think & Grow Rich". Quite a nice book, of course im saying that because im a capitalist and all about getting rich etc etc, but on the side, its a great book.

Old Post Mar-14-2006 03:22  Albania
Click Here to See the Profile for Kapedano Click here to Send Kapedano a Private Message Add Kapedano to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ang ' ela_ie
Gee whiz!

Right now Im reading Are Men Necessary. Its not really "political," in the PDD definition, but Dowd raises some really excellent points, even though she's usually not taken seriously.

Old Post Mar-14-2006 03:45  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for Ang ' ela_ie Click here to Send Ang ' ela_ie a Private Message Add Ang ' ela_ie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveSZ
When The Levee Breaks

quote:
Originally posted by Kapedan
I dont know if you guys have mentioned this book, but its by Napoleon Hill and its called "Think & Grow Rich". Quite a nice book, of course im saying that because im a capitalist and all about getting rich etc etc, but on the side, its a great book.

I've been meaning to read that one because it applies to many areas of life.

Old Post Mar-15-2006 09:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveSZ Click here to Send DaveSZ a Private Message Add DaveSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tathi
wanderlust

^^ yeah i own the book, read it twice, can be applied to anything, and i making bucketloads of money is not very high on my todo list. great book

Old Post Mar-15-2006 11:15  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tathi Click here to Send tathi a Private Message Add tathi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackold old tune from 94 but very nice [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLoco Dice - "Phat Dope Shit" (Saeed's Shit Base Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread