Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > THE OFFICIAL EURO 2012 Thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess
you really think that they are that dumb?

Soviet flags are a common sight during euro/world games, I saw many even here in Toronto.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:12  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
imagine what would happen if they didn't let them march? russians would act even more like victims. the polish officials definitely were stuck in a hard place. the marchers were protected by polish police and a lot of them. i dunno how much more welcoming they could have been.

trust me, you mix booze and football and years of tensions and you get this.

i even heard that it was russians dressed as polish fans stirring up trouble.

what about the banner? "this is russia" ummm, no it's not. lol.

Really Margs? 100's of hooligans attack Russian fans and you say they would have called themselves a victim if they weren't allowed to march? Dressed as polish fans?

The fact that a few Russian hooligans attacked 5 Stewarts has nothing to do with 100's of polish hooligans attacking peaceful fans that travelled from another country to watch the game, would you like it if you were walking on a street in Europe carrying a polish scarf and got beaten or attacked for no reason? same principle..

If the city knew that this could potentially escalate then they should have never allowed for such march to take place or have better police presence.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:20  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
timmyboy
Supreme tranceaddict

Now about "This is Russia"

In bad taste - maybe, however it was apparently showed to UEFA for approval before the game and was sanctioned by them.

Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, bandejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.
Walter Sobchak: Eight year-olds, Dude.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:28  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for timmyboy Click here to Send timmyboy a Private Message Add timmyboy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
the marchers were protected by polish police and a lot of them. i dunno how much more welcoming they could have been.

they were welcoming for sure, just should have been better organised.

most russian hooligans stayed home imo, majority of them are not allowed to travel outside of the country with their history of criminal record. so obv polish hools took the advantage of that.

Last edited by geroin on Jun-13-2012 at 15:36

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:28  Russia
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:

UEFA fines Russian football association €120,000 ($150,000) for fan violence at Euro 2012 - @AP

If the events from yesterday happened inside the stadium, the Poles would have been fined significantly as well. But because it happened outside instead, I don't Uefa can really do anything except condemn it.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:31  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

In addition to the fine:

quote:
The Football Union of Russia has received a suspended six-point deduction for the UEFA EURO 2016 qualifiers with the probationary period running until the end of the play-offs.

Anyways enough of this Russia vs Poland nonsense.

Some huge games today!! Denmark vs Portugal in 20 min and then Germany vs Netherlands at 2:45pm!!

Hoping for Denmark to shock Portugal. Shouldn't be too hard, the Portuguese have only scored 1 goal in the last 4 games. Their offense is lacking! Actually it wouldn't be a shocker if Denmark won...in the past 5 matches between them, Denmark have won 3, Portugal 1 and 1 draw.

I think I'm going to take an extra long lunch today and watch the whole match on our big screen TV in the lunch room!!

Let's go Germany and Denmark to advance from Group B!

Last edited by PurpleHaze on Jun-13-2012 at 15:47

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:40  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

Geez. Harsh.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:41  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
most russian hooligans stayed home imo, majority of them are not allowed to travel outside of the country with their history of criminal record. so obv polish hools took the advantage of that.

Where you pulling these tidbits from?

obviously Russians acted in very poor taste with Soviet banners/flags and such - this is not something to even argue about! As I said - if Poles marched in Moscow with Nazi flags, celebrating the end of Soviet dictatorship, Russians would have shred them into dust

And leave this world behind...

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:56  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for FunkyCrew Click here to Send FunkyCrew a Private Message Add FunkyCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze
Hoping for Denmark to shock Portugal. Shouldn't be too hard, the Portuguese have only scored 1 goal in the last 4 games. Their offense is lacking! Actually it wouldn't be a shocker if Denmark won...in the past 5 matches between them, Denmark have won 3, Portugal 1 and 1 draw.
!

You're going to eat your words Ulman!!

FORCA PORTUGAL!!

I'm going to take a taxi to Markham and tackle you!!

I think we still have a fair chance. We will pull through. Mark my words. At least my country made it

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:56  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
Really Margs? 100's of hooligans attack Russian fans and you say they would have called themselves a victim if they weren't allowed to march? Dressed as polish fans?

The fact that a few Russian hooligans attacked 5 Stewarts has nothing to do with 100's of polish hooligans attacking peaceful fans that travelled from another country to watch the game, would you like it if you were walking on a street in Europe carrying a polish scarf and got beaten or attacked for no reason? same principle..

If the city knew that this could potentially escalate then they should have never allowed for such march to take place or have better police presence.

100's? you are terribly misinformed. there were 20. they were arrested. in fact it was a polish person that actually died after having his ass kicked.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 16:14  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:

not even close to the same principle.

there were not carrying the russian flag, last time i checked the hammer and sickle are not on the russian flag. poland also didn't occupy any countries in europe for centuries. also I would not be marching with 5000 of my other friends.

but whatever. you have your view, everyone else has their view. russians, can say "ooooh, we really don't understand why we may not be welcome marching on the streets of poland by a few rednecks while we wave USSR flag".

Old Post Jun-13-2012 16:23  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
not even close to the same principle.

there were not carrying the russian flag, last time i checked the hammer and sickle are not on the russian flag. poland also didn't occupy any countries in europe for centuries. also I would not be marching with 5000 of my other friends.

but whatever. you have your view, everyone else has their view. russians, can say "ooooh, we really don't understand why we may not be welcome marching on the streets of poland by a few rednecks while we wave USSR flag".

Watch the videos I posted before, there were no soviets flags on people that were attacked

Old Post Jun-13-2012 16:33  Russia

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > THE OFFICIAL EURO 2012 Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackawesome house vocal track (must id) [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHammer House - The Jumper [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread