Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

http://www.informationweek.com/news...dheld/231500498

quote:
While its share of the U.S. consumer market continues to dwindle, Research In Motion Ltd. is shoring up its status as a key supplier of secure wireless technology to Washington.

RIM says the U.S. government has granted the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader advanced level security certification for use by federal employees and contractors, a move that follows Washingtons certification of RIMs PlayBook tablet PC early this year.

Waterloo-based RIM said the reader, which allows federal employees secure access to computers and BlackBerrys, has won level 3 certification, the highest clearance granted any wireless smart card reader.

http://www.thestar.com/business/com...article/1043413

Also, should be a PlayBook OS upgrade today... *fingers-crossed* that it's the one with Android features...but it probably won't.

On that note, did anyone side-load the Android leak onto the PlayBook? I have not bothered yet...but heard good things. Only a small handful of apps available however.

Old Post Aug-24-2011 11:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

Was wondering when this thread would get bumped...

Sidenote, the new 9900 is badass as far as BBs go. Definitely one of the best yet and good to see they fixed some of their major issues.

Old Post Aug-24-2011 14:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X

http://www.informationweek.com/news...dheld/231500498

http://www.thestar.com/business/com...article/1043413

Also, should be a PlayBook OS upgrade today... *fingers-crossed* that it's the one with Android features...but it probably won't.

On that note, did anyone side-load the Android leak onto the PlayBook? I have not bothered yet...but heard good things. Only a small handful of apps available however.

You won't see the Android player until OS version 2.0 is released in October.

I have the app player on my Playbook, looks good so far, looking forward to the full range of apps.

Also new BB's are amazing, the new torch Touch 9850 is gonna be out of this world.

Blackberry 9850 review

Blackberry 9900 review

Blackberry 9630 review

Blackberry 9810 review

The new OS is amazing and the processing speed is super fast. The browser is now the fastest in the market. Things are looking up!

Last edited by urban_legend on Aug-24-2011 at 18:26

Old Post Aug-24-2011 18:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

October?! BALLS!

Is that to coincide with the 3G version, is that released around the same time?

PlayBook2 on the horizon? Because I have the gay Future Shop warranty on mine with the hopes of purposely RMA'ing my device and upgrading.

The new OS7 stuff is pretty sweet, been playing with them at work, the Jennings/Torch2 is pretty impressive, but I think i'm done with the slider.

9900 is what I'm playing at now, trying to get Rogers to pull through on this for me.

How is the Storm3/Monaco or whatever? I'm waiting for us to get some of those in to play with...

Old Post Aug-25-2011 14:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
How is the Storm3/Monaco or whatever? I'm waiting for us to get some of those in to play with...

A lot better than previous storm style phone attempts but still not up near any of the Android devices or iPhone. RIM needs to tweak their on screen keyboard quite a bit so it's more intuitive than having to hit each key right on every time.

Anyone tried that new BBM music service? 50 songs per month for $5 is a pretty sweet deal despite the limitations...

Old Post Aug-25-2011 14:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Another thing, AppWorld 3.0 was supposed to be a couple days ago, tried finding it but can't, besides BetaZone.

Old Post Aug-25-2011 14:08  Canada
E2EK1EL
Supreme tranceaddict

Thieves steal 2,700 BlackBerry devices worth $1.1 million from Mississauga

The new BlackBerry Torch 9810 is a hot device, literally by name and action. Apparently suspects entered a Mississauga warehouse between August 19th & 20th and took 3 skids containing 2,700 Torch 9810s, valued at over $1.1 million. In total itfs estimated that 900 are grey, 1,800 white and the Police currently have no clue of who the thieves are. Youfll probably see an influx of the 9810 hit eBay, Craigslist and Kijiji, but the Police reiterated that the device ID and PIN numbers have been recorded as stolen and those found in possession are committing a criminal offence.

(Blackberry should also add all those IMEI to the Global EIR list)

Last edited by E2EK1EL on Aug-26-2011 at 04:05

Old Post Aug-25-2011 22:31  China
Click Here to See the Profile for E2EK1EL Click here to Send E2EK1EL a Private Message Add E2EK1EL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by E2EK1EL
[img] Youfll probably see an influx of the 9810 hit eBay, Craigslist and Kijiji, but the Police reiterated that the device ID and PIN numbers have been recorded as stolen and those found in possession are committing a criminal offence.

Sounds like something they'd say, but c'mon they honestly are going to call someone who buys a stolen device off ebay as brand new a criminal even though they have no way of knowing theirs is one of the missing units? If they even want to have a chance of helping people at least publish the PINs or IMEIs for the public to cross reference before buying.

Old Post Aug-26-2011 14:49  Canada
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

So here's a quick blog outlining the new BBM Music service. Sounds pretty good:
LINK

From the sounds of it you pay $5 per month and get access to pick 50 sounds. But, anyone on your friend list you get full access to all of their songs as well. So it's not long before you have access to a few thousand songs legally... Apparently there's 10,000,000 to choose from and if that includes much electronic music this could be a wicked way to discover new choons you might have missed otherwise. I hear there are some full sets in there as well and they only count as 1 song.

Old Post Aug-26-2011 14:53  Canada
E2EK1EL
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Sounds like something they'd say, but c'mon they honestly are going to call someone who buys a stolen device off ebay as brand new a criminal even though they have no way of knowing theirs is one of the missing units? If they even want to have a chance of helping people at least publish the PINs or IMEIs for the public to cross reference before buying.

That's crazy talk, publishing those IMEI to the public will lead to IMEI cloning overseas and etc.

Best thing to do is call up Blackberry and get them to check that IMEI before doing the trasnaction.

Old Post Aug-26-2011 16:48  China
Click Here to See the Profile for E2EK1EL Click here to Send E2EK1EL a Private Message Add E2EK1EL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by E2EK1EL
That's crazy talk, publishing those IMEI to the public will lead to IMEI cloning overseas and etc.

Best thing to do is call up Blackberry and get them to check that IMEI before doing the trasnaction.

That's true and I guess they shouldn't do it. But bottom line is I'm just saying you can't call people criminals unless you give them the information needed to determine if a purchase is legal or not. Calling RIM would be the way to do it but sounds a lot easier than it is.

Old Post Aug-26-2011 16:58  Canada
Dr. Z
edm sux

intense

Evernote for BlackBerry PlayBook is Here!

Old Post Sep-14-2011 04:50  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackname this one [2002] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBob Sinclar - Bisou sucre [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread