Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > I <3 CZ
Pages (57): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jon jon
viva la clubland

mikeyn's addition from WMC day 1

Old Post Mar-25-2010 03:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VolumE_TO
Buddy Puddle Alliance

lol awesome!

Old Post Mar-25-2010 03:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for VolumE_TO Click here to Send VolumE_TO a Private Message Add VolumE_TO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jay Leno
Supreme tranceaddict

At the Rogers Centre.

The lady didn't get it.

Old Post Mar-25-2010 12:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Leno Click here to Send Jay Leno a Private Message Add Jay Leno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss. S
just feel it

At the Super 8 hotel Dundas & Spadina

Old Post Mar-25-2010 17:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss. S Click here to Send Miss. S a Private Message Add Miss. S to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss. S
just feel it

<3

Old Post Mar-30-2010 19:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss. S Click here to Send Miss. S a Private Message Add Miss. S to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mnemonic.
Michael-San

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon

mikeyn's addition from WMC day 1

hahahaha!

"Especially you" I said.
"You are virtually the ring leader, the way I see it."
Then, I blew out the candle.

Old Post Mar-30-2010 20:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mnemonic. Click here to Send mnemonic. a Private Message Add mnemonic. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

best cz review ever...

quote:

"The Comfort Zone is one of the most notorious venues in all of Toronto, indeed in all of Canada. The best known of its nights (days, really) is the Divine Sunday party. Unfortunately, it isn't notorious for any of the right reasons. In fact, the grounds on which it is so well known is that it is incredibly sketchy and crude, almost beyond belief.

Before going to the "Zone", as it's affectionately known to devotees, I had been warned by all those I know that had ever been. "Don't go," they said, "it's TERRIBLE!" Did I listen? Of course not! Should I have? Oh, yes.

The thing is that many sketchy places have some redeeming qualities. Great music, or really interesting people or something like that. Unfortunately the Zone has nothing like that. It is simply S-K-E-T-C-H-Y (!!) and it is without doubt one of the sketchiest places I've ever set foot in. Now on to the details...
The Zone (Divine) breakfast party begins at 6AM Sunday morning for all those that need to keep on partying through Saturday night. The party lasts all day, until 3 or 4AM Sunday morning. The Zone is actually open the whole weekend long so that, if you so desire, you can party in this sketchy little hell-hole for 3 days straight.

The Zone is a small maze of passageways that connect to a cramped dancefloor and a niche containing a couple dirty pool tables. There is one bar and an expensive coat check ($2.25) by the door. The lighting is dim throughout and there are no intelligent light fixtures at all. There are a couple areas with seats but trying to claim one for your own is not an easy task. People in this place seem to improvise, though, and crash out on the pool tables instead. Nice.

What makes this place so sketchy are the people. Just completely sketch. It seems like the sketchiest people from all sorts of different scenes gather here on Sunday to continue partying. There are amped-up ravers with glow toys, clubbers in skin tight clothing, shirtless gay men in bondage gear, and some people that honest-to-god look like bums that have walked in off the street to warm up a bit. The only thing any of these people seem to have in common is that they are fucked up, won't be sleeping for a loooooooong time, and are ultraSKETCHY! Everyone's eyes seemed to be bugging out of their skulls. Can someone say crystal meth? This is what this place seems to be all about. A drug dealer's heaven.
What seems really funny to me is that there are vagrants all over the place outside of the Comfort Zone. Seems to me this probably has something to do with the massive drug consumption that goes on inside.. the dealers can pop out to make sales the bums outside and kill two birds with one stone. Goooooooo ZONE!

This is probably the sketchiest place in Toronto. It's an abomination. It makes you feel embarassed to be human, or at least embarassed to be a partier. Someone should burn it down for the sake of humanity.. So why is it that I feel strangely compelled to go back?"

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Mar-31-2010 03:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

hahah the last line that in reviews says it all...

Old Post Mar-31-2010 13:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xJillx
i get deep.

"So why is it that I feel strangely compelled to go back?"

LOL

Old Post Mar-31-2010 14:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for xJillx Click here to Send xJillx a Private Message Visit xJillx's homepage! Add xJillx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xJillx
i get deep.

Zone patio

Old Post Mar-31-2010 14:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for xJillx Click here to Send xJillx a Private Message Visit xJillx's homepage! Add xJillx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Geoffb3
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

The thing is that many sketchy places have some redeeming qualities. Great music, or really interesting people or something like that. Unfortunately the Zone has nothing like that. It is simply S-K-E-T-C-H-Y (!!) and it is without doubt one of the sketchiest places I've ever set foot in.
'

Im confused ? Doesn't zone have both of those? or was that sarcasm ? The people are more then definitely interesting! The music sometimes i just .... no words.

quote:
The Zone is actually open the whole weekend long so that, if you so desire, you can party in this sketchy little hell-hole for 3 days straight

Why do I sense a challenge for Kotsy in this!

quote:
The Zone is a small maze of passageways that connect to a cramped dancefloor and a niche containing a couple dirty pool tables. There is one bar and an expensive coat check ($2.25) by the door.

Consider 2 things. What coat check goes through sometimes. And the price of Carnival games. Whats in the Pocket? ftw

quote:
So why is it that I feel strangely compelled to go back?"

Old Post Mar-31-2010 14:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Geoffb3 Click here to Send Geoffb3 a Private Message Add Geoffb3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Geoffb3
Supreme tranceaddict

Also one of my favourite Zone days thus far.

Old Post Mar-31-2010 15:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Geoffb3 Click here to Send Geoffb3 a Private Message Add Geoffb3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > I <3 CZ
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (57): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackwho does know this track? [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Tiesto & Junkie XL - "Obsession" (Frank Biazzi Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread