Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
epdarks
mnb4fl

those look lovely! let us know how they work out!

Old Post Sep-26-2008 17:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for epdarks Click here to Send epdarks a Private Message Visit epdarks's homepage! Add epdarks to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tony Morello
The Renegade Master

so i finally went out and grabbed a new pair, damn i love these cans

the drivers on my old ones were getting a bit sloppy (especially compared to my new out-of-the-box ones), along with the eaten up pads and stretched cord, but that's after 3 years of hard use, averaged 2-3 gigs a week

soo comfy time to break in the new set

Twitter
The Drunken Monkey Podcast
The Mixdown Podcast presented by Tony Morello

Old Post Oct-07-2008 21:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Morello Click here to Send Tony Morello a Private Message Visit Tony Morello's homepage! Add Tony Morello to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
farris
Supreme tranceaddict

Just got my pair in today. First impressions:

- They look smaller than I thought they would be. Especially compared to the 7509 I've used a couple of times.

- Comfy as f*ck! I like....I like a lot!

- Sound wise I've tested them on lower volumes only up to now. Sounds good so far.
Compared to the HDJ-1000 I've had for almost 5 years (and are still in top notch condition btw),
they are somewhat a relieve.
I was never too fond of the sound coming from the HDJ-1000 which is too boomy and overwhelming in the bass.
That's OK when using them in a club but I wanted to hear what was going on in the other frequencies too.
Something the 7506 provides in a better way.
Will test these soon live and see If all the earlier raves in this thread are justified,
but I have no doubt these cans will be good

Not to forget I'm finally cured from the "look how pimpin' and pr0n my headhpones look".

Old Post Dec-15-2008 16:49  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for farris Click here to Send farris a Private Message Add farris to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
n3lly
www.n3lly.com

I really want to purchase a set of these but i CANNOT justify it owning both a set of HD25's and Xone XD53's.. (i got the xone's for a 10er extra when i purchased my xone92)

I've found myself using the Xone's more and more as they seem to put a little more emphasis on the mids compared to the 25's which i find sound better to me if i wanted to 'listen' to music but for mixing i seem to be able to mix tighter when using the Xones..

And trust me i'm a die hard fan of the 25's so my opinion isn't because i'm some Xone whore..

Old Post Dec-15-2008 16:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for n3lly Click here to Send n3lly a Private Message Visit n3lly's homepage! Add n3lly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jupiterone
housin' guide

i really can't describe how much i love these cans.

like seriously, they're one of the greatest purchases i've ever made

Old Post Dec-15-2008 17:48  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for jupiterone Click here to Send jupiterone a Private Message Add jupiterone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

I've actually got a pair of these coming my way for Christmas. I'll be using my Senheisers for production/listening and the Sonys for mixing.

Old Post Dec-15-2008 17:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zack Roth
Supreme tranceaddict

thinking about picking up a pair. I am using the older model Technics headphones now, and really like them. I have owned the silver Sony's and the Pioneer 1000's as well, and to be honest, don't really prefer any of them over each other sound wise. I use them to play out, and they all do the trick. I like the simple design of the 7506, and if they're comfortbale, thats a plus too. Just a quick question, are these really $100? That seems on the cheap side for headphones...

Old Post Dec-19-2008 05:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zack Roth Click here to Send Zack Roth a Private Message Visit Zack Roth's homepage! Add Zack Roth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freak
Insert witty comment here

quote:
Originally posted by zizack
Just a quick question, are these really $100? That seems on the cheap side for headphones...

Yes
Its because they are aimed at professionals - not fashion victims paying over the odds for crap

Old Post Dec-19-2008 13:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vinyljunkie09
tranceaddict

Have had these for a few years now best headphones i have ever used.

Old Post Dec-23-2008 01:37  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Vinyljunkie09 Click here to Send Vinyljunkie09 a Private Message Add Vinyljunkie09 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
spdandpwr
DJ in the making...

what about the Sony MDR7505? i like the fact that they are smaller and lighter weight...you think they are worthwhile?

Old Post Dec-23-2008 02:31  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for spdandpwr Click here to Send spdandpwr a Private Message Add spdandpwr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ReclusNdangrmnt
Platipus Addict

Just got me a pair of these, for about $95.

Hopefully they live up to the hype, as they should.

Old Post Dec-29-2008 01:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ReclusNdangrmnt Click here to Send ReclusNdangrmnt a Private Message Visit ReclusNdangrmnt's homepage! Add ReclusNdangrmnt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ReclusNdangrmnt
Platipus Addict

And they are WIN.

Has just the right amount of crunch, and they're quite comfortable...

Only gripe I have is a non-removable cord, but the quality, it is there.

Old Post Dec-31-2008 09:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ReclusNdangrmnt Click here to Send ReclusNdangrmnt a Private Message Visit ReclusNdangrmnt's homepage! Add ReclusNdangrmnt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID played by Ferry Corsten 02 [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDarude - Calm Before The Storm [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread