Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > gareth emery - the biggest LOL in dance music.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

gareth emery - the biggest LOL in dance music.

this guy is such a prick. the epitome of everything wrong with dance music - he sold out from being a great, energetic trance guy to be a standard, cookie cutter electro house noobie. worst of all, he's an asshole.

go away.

http://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist ... 05-24.html

http://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist ... 05-18.html

edc nyc 2 weekends ago vs edc chicago this past weekend.

i'm too lazy to take screenshots and do a side by side comparison to make it easier to view, but just look through. it's the same thing. does this guy literally write the order on a piece of paper and keep it next to the CDJs?

Old Post May-30-2013 15:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: gareth emery - the biggest LOL in dance music.

quote:
Originally posted by diabloargentino
this guy is such a prick. the epitome of everything wrong with dance music - he sold out from being a great, energetic trance guy to be a standard, cookie cutter electro house noobie. worst of all, he's an asshole.

go away.

i'm too lazy to take screenshots and do a side by side comparison to make it easier to view, but just look through. it's the same thing. does this guy literally write the order on a piece of paper and keep it next to the CDJs?

links aren't working

Old Post May-30-2013 16:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pantone199c
such wmc. much dance.

Re: gareth emery - the biggest LOL in dance music.

quote:
Originally posted by diabloargentino

go away.

I remember taking a photo with him after a show at Space, I should have stabbed him instead...

You can defend them all you want, in fact I admire you for doing so, but don't you find it a little suspect that whenever these characters change their style and sound - it's always a "coincidence" they select whatever sound happens to be "popular" that month? - John Askew

A lot of artists today are just victims, not having control, and they're not free. And that's pathetic. If you start being dependent on money, then money has to reach a point to fit your expenses. - Thomas Bangalter

Old Post May-30-2013 16:50  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for Pantone199c Click here to Send Pantone199c a Private Message Add Pantone199c to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iLLiE586
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah, Gareth Emery is a perfect example of a sellout. He abandoned what he was known for to be more famous, while simultaneously turning into a complete douche.

His set at 2010 Lovefest in Las Vegas at Rain was an amazing one, definitely an all time favorite. Now he's just a shit head looking to collect his paychecks.

Old Post May-30-2013 21:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLiE586 Click here to Send iLLiE586 a Private Message Add iLLiE586 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

you didnt post the entire link

wouldnt be surprised he just has a list of songs that he mixes in all the time.

why even try when crowd doesnt even care?

Old Post May-30-2013 23:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

this is nothing new
ezoo 2011 his set was broadcasted and 2 days later a friend saw him in toronto
he played the same exact set
plus the guy comes off like a total unibrow douchebag
guy needs to just go away already

Old Post May-31-2013 00:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancension
Supreme tranceaddict

The guy has honestly made me embarrassed to say Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix) is my favorite song of all time. He's such a caricature of himself now.

Old Post May-31-2013 02:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for trancension Click here to Send trancension a Private Message Visit trancension's homepage! Add trancension to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

quote:
Originally posted by trancension
The guy has honestly made me embarrassed to say Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix) is my favorite song of all time. He's such a caricature of himself now.

i have it worse. i actually purchased his album signed by the man himself.

any takers? you think it will sell on ebay for #trancefamily?

Old Post May-31-2013 03:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RemiX
Senior tranceaddict

Saw him a few years ago at Cielo on a Thursday night. He wasnt too bad back then. Just another cookie cutter DJ playing the latest in trouse and obnoxious noise.

Old Post May-31-2013 15:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RemiX Click here to Send RemiX a Private Message Add RemiX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PoLskA
Supreme tranceaddict

i met him in 09 at his show in Windsor...
nice guy... awesome set...
even got a pic w him after a Chicago set...

but yea i cannot stand what he has become...

Old Post Jun-01-2013 01:14  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for PoLskA Click here to Send PoLskA a Private Message Add PoLskA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tomrogers
People still hate on Gareth? Woah.

Not everyone is involved with the trance movement you speak of.

Old Post Jun-02-2013 18:33  United States
louietsang
tranceaddict in training

i still like djs like ferry i mean at least he's not dropping trap and dubstep... but then again he was my fav from day 1 so it's hard to hate ferry for me... but gareth man... horrible at edcny... and RPM is giving him another GI party -___-

Old Post Jun-04-2013 04:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for louietsang Click here to Send louietsang a Private Message Visit louietsang's homepage! Add louietsang to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > gareth emery - the biggest LOL in dance music.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackI Need Help [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAdo the Dream - "Roll of Bass" (Ado & Montorsi Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread