Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2015
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

if they said who was playing the afterparty there, and said it was marcel i would have went. don't want to take a gamble then have to cab back to etobicoke when go train takes me right to my house. ' some of our friends from today will play at coda'. their twitter feed I'm reading now says 15$ with EI wristbands but you don't get wristbands for EI lol. and in fact confirm dettmann is playing. UGH. i guess ill just listen to techno in my bed and pass out

Old Post Jul-02-2015 06:05  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Terrible party

Old Post Jul-02-2015 14:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Marcel Dettmann was amazing!

A drink to whoever can ID the track with the male vocals "I want to go back..."

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jul-02-2015 15:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
Marcel Dettmann was amazing!

A drink to whoever can ID the track with the male vocals "I want to go back..."

' i wanna go bang'

Old Post Jul-02-2015 15:56  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

haha no wonder I couldn't find it. ^^ thanks!

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jul-02-2015 18:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dinosaurbingo
Junior tranceaddict

someone posted this on the event page lol!

Old Post Jul-02-2015 23:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for dinosaurbingo Click here to Send dinosaurbingo a Private Message Add dinosaurbingo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dinosaurbingo
Junior tranceaddict

sept event will be going

beyer, loco, tale of us, recon

Old Post Jul-02-2015 23:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for dinosaurbingo Click here to Send dinosaurbingo a Private Message Add dinosaurbingo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by dinosaurbingo
someone posted this on the event page lol!

LOL

I love how high these two obviously were, hahaha. Amazing.

Old Post Jul-03-2015 00:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

LMAO ^ I wonder if she's the one who passed out before the ferry.

Another song I noticed was HMC - marauder

Old Post Jul-03-2015 00:38  Norfolk Island
~C~
Supreme tranceaddict

That was my 4th (I think) time going to the Canada Day Edition, of Electric Island. I go every year. I absolutely love it. I was really surprised reading some of the earlier posts in this thread, about how many people hate it. I guess I've always gone to the right ones, because I've always had a great time. I do agree though, that the crowd has gotten worse over the years. No surprise there though, the crowd has gotten worse everywhere. But, if you go with the right people, it's easy to ignore the idiots, and concentrate on your own friends, and the enjoy the music.

For me personally though, musically, this one was the weakest. I'm a huge Sasha fan, and his set was by far the best set of the day/night for me. You can tell that he really loves playing at Electric Island. I honestly wish he could have played for longer. His set was such a tease!

I can't comment on Ferrer's set, because I didn't hear it. Lee Foss was ok, but his set wasn't anything special imo.

The transition from Sasha to Dettmann was SO AWKWARD. Their styles could not be any more different. lol Those two sets did not flow together at all. I realize that they weren't meant to. But, the best parties that I've been to, are the ones where every set flows together, and compliments each other. And again, this is just my personal preference. Nothing against Dettmann, but I just really can't get in to hearing Techno at an outdoor music festival. I love techno, but to me, it's much better suited to a dark club. When I'm partying outdoors, I would much rather listen to music that's more melodic, upbeat, or funky, with more vocals. Maybe his set got better towards the end, but I found the beginning very repetitive. Dettmann really wasn't my cup of tea, and I had a really hard time getting back into the music after Sasha's set was done. I was done at 10pm, and had no problems getting on the ferry.

I give this years Canada Day party a 7/10. I still had a great time, but, I just wish the music had been a little better. Was a little disappointed in that regard.

Old Post Jul-03-2015 15:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~C~ Click here to Send ~C~ a Private Message Add ~C~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~C~
Supreme tranceaddict

Love is in the air

Old Post Jul-03-2015 19:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~C~ Click here to Send ~C~ a Private Message Add ~C~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~C~
Supreme tranceaddict

Love is in the air

Sorry, this is what I was trying to post above. Sasha played this...

Old Post Jul-03-2015 19:53  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2015
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackProgressive - New Order - Someone Like You Funk Dvoid remixes??? [2002] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAt The Villa People - "Open Your Eyes" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread