Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > #TBT - Tiesto ISOS 5 Crobar NYC !!!!!!
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Burak14
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by hommey
ALL IN THE LAST YEAR or SO:
Avicii plays Barclays
Kaskade plays Barclays
Steve Aoki plays MSG
Eric Prydz plays MSG
Armin plays MSG
Hardwell plays MSG

When does Tiesto play in NYC (ignoring the fact that he lives in NYC?
NYE event at Tao Downtown
'guest' DJ at Terminal 5
'surprise guest' DJ at Webster Hall
(although, he plays practically every weekend in vegas)

I would think, of all the DJs playing in Stadiums, Tiesto would have the highest chance of selling out a stadium event...

actually, tiesto's popularity bas been going down hill.. $10 says he doesn't make dj mag top 5 this year.

Old Post Aug-26-2014 01:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Burak14 Click here to Send Burak14 a Private Message Add Burak14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DeRangedMind
Supreme Houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Burak14
actually, tiesto's popularity bas been going down hill.. $10 says he doesn't make dj mag top 5 this year.

I would like if he went down a few notches or maybe how about 20-40 notches down. But then again his shit songs are on the radio so that doesn't the situation.Speaking of big rooms, fuck I miss Nations in DC where I first saw Tiesto back in 2001. What a night that was

1.The Grower feat Corey Andrew - Move Your Body (Jesse Garcia Remix)
2.Carl Kennedy - The Love You Bring Me - (Roger's S-Man Vocal Edit)
3.Louie Vega & Jay Sinister Seal feat. Julie McKnight - Diamond Life (Accapella)
4.Offer Nissim feat Maya - Perfect Love(Offer Nissim Perfect Club Mix)
5.DJ Brizi feat Selma Hernandes - Remedios (Relight Orchestra Remix)

Old Post Aug-29-2014 02:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DeRangedMind Click here to Send DeRangedMind a Private Message Add DeRangedMind to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r2d2juarez
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: #TBT - Tiesto ISOS 5 Crobar NYC !!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by martinezequiel
Here is an awesome Throw Back Thursday!! Tiestooo!!!! Crobar!!!!

Who was here tho?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku3Tsk24qJg

Old Post Aug-29-2014 04:52  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for r2d2juarez Click here to Send r2d2juarez a Private Message Add r2d2juarez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ReenTeenTeen
Space Kadet

i think i was there but now i cannot recall shit like that.
i guess it was good. thanks for review, almost 10 years later

NYTA #1 F.I.L.F.
quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
I will ban you
"Our music has no limit to it boundaries nor is there a difference in genre to identify it but as a work of art." - ReenTeenTeen
quote:
Originally posted by djquick83
They got K in Kansas son. ... Its called the KKK. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

RTT=GENIOUS <3

Old Post Aug-29-2014 15:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for ReenTeenTeen Click here to Send ReenTeenTeen a Private Message Add ReenTeenTeen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
martinezequiel
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Aug-31-2014 22:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for martinezequiel Click here to Send martinezequiel a Private Message Add martinezequiel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

great pics. the last real big room in nyc imo
i always hated that side room tho with all the logs standing up lol
great times tho

Old Post Sep-01-2014 13:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hommey
tranceaddict

Looks like he announced another off day, small room, BS event in NYC

Lavo 9/11

Disclaimer: I will be there... I just wish it was a big room, friday night or saturday night event...

Old Post Sep-02-2014 22:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hommey Click here to Send hommey a Private Message Add hommey to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TrancEdifice
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
I miss Crobar....

And Spirit. Went a couple of times; not as good as Crobar, but still decent and I loved the fact it was so close to it Also miss the (relative)proximity of Exit to Sound Factory, back when those two clubs existed; just a 10 block away walk!

Old Post Sep-03-2014 01:57  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for TrancEdifice Click here to Send TrancEdifice a Private Message Add TrancEdifice to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Burak14
id say not so much really, we all know that dj mag top 100 is a load. the fact that Tijs is still #1 or #2 in earnings every year says he is still popular. just not with the "trance crowd"

Old Post Sep-13-2014 03:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for drEamer Click here to Send drEamer a Private Message Add drEamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
crazydave023
Senior tranceaddict

WOW! That was an amazing night. I remember it like it was yesterday. First off, the line was crazy long. I got in but my friends couldn't get in because they were wearing hats and the club had some rule about no hats. So I ended up being alone.

Satoshii Tommiie opened and I arrived during the middle of his set. He played his own remix of Slok- Lonely Child. I think he also played Avalon by Juliet but I'm not sure. I never knew who he was until that night but was impressed. Different, more classical sound.

Tiesto came on at 12:30. Played a bunch of classics mixed in with his tracks from ISOS 5. He played Empty Streets by Late Night Alumni as well as Tales From the South by Estuera. The crowd went wild for Fonzerelli- Moonlight Party and Super 8 & Tab- Helsinki Scorchin. Freakin Wild. He also played several tracks from Magik 1-7 but I can't remember which. I remember hearing Southern Sun though. His execution of switching between progressive house, progressive trance, and classic trance was next to flawless. The crowd at the beginning kinda sucked but the true fans stayed and the night got better as the set went on. People were really nice and you had a good mix and the YOLO crowd wasn't [ervasive back then. Tiesto played until about 4:30-5.

Serge Devant came on to close when Tiesto wrapped it up. He played a deeper, more aggressive sound. Some people left as soon as Tiesto stopped. But I was surprised how many stayed compared to nowadays. The dancing got real heavy during his set. People were out there getting it. Side note: (When Serge Devant closed for Tiesto in 2010 at Webster Hall while promoting Kaleidoscope, his set was better than Tiesto's and those that stayed until closing agreed.) I think Tiesto was trying to make him into a star but I haven't heard much from him since then. People danced until about 7:30 when they finally shut it down. I remember guys talking about getting breakfast aster that. I took the 1 train home and tried to sleep but couldn't.

That night was so fun that I decided to buy ISOS 5 on CD. I became so hooked on that album. I took it with me to China. Every long distance run that I go on, I listen to ISOS 5. All 4 marathons I have run (including the Great Wall) was listening to ISOS 5. And I always can't help but think of that night. It brings me back. I can't believe that out of all the nights that someone chose to start a thread about that 2006 Tiesto Crobar party in 2014. That is how you know that is was a great night. Might have been the best Tiesto show I have seen. The only other one that might be better was Tiesto at Exit in December 14, 2001. I saw him at Exit in 2000 which was my first show ever. I was hooked after that.

Sad to see Crobar go. Like you guys said, it was the best big venue in NYC. Some great shows there. I would save all my money on the week just to go during the weekend. Summer 2005 was good but 2006 was the best year. I used to just go alone but it was amazing because people were so friendly and open. None of my friends were into it back then. Every big name DJ came to Crobar and didn't disappoint. Sasha and Digweed, Ferry Corsten, Roger Sanchez, Hernan Cattaneo, Tiesto.

It is good to know that fellow TA's were there for that spectacular night.

Old Post Sep-28-2014 08:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for crazydave023 Click here to Send crazydave023 a Private Message Add crazydave023 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
martinezequiel
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by crazydave023
WOW! That was an amazing night. I remember it like it was yesterday. First off, the line was crazy long. I got in but my friends couldn't get in because they were wearing hats and the club had some rule about no hats. So I ended up being alone.

Satoshii Tommiie opened and I arrived during the middle of his set. He played his own remix of Slok- Lonely Child. I think he also played Avalon by Juliet but I'm not sure. I never knew who he was until that night but was impressed. Different, more classical sound.

Tiesto came on at 12:30. Played a bunch of classics mixed in with his tracks from ISOS 5. He played Empty Streets by Late Night Alumni as well as Tales From the South by Estuera. The crowd went wild for Fonzerelli- Moonlight Party and Super 8 & Tab- Helsinki Scorchin. Freakin Wild. He also played several tracks from Magik 1-7 but I can't remember which. I remember hearing Southern Sun though. His execution of switching between progressive house, progressive trance, and classic trance was next to flawless. The crowd at the beginning kinda sucked but the true fans stayed and the night got better as the set went on. People were really nice and you had a good mix and the YOLO crowd wasn't [ervasive back then. Tiesto played until about 4:30-5.

Serge Devant came on to close when Tiesto wrapped it up. He played a deeper, more aggressive sound. Some people left as soon as Tiesto stopped. But I was surprised how many stayed compared to nowadays. The dancing got real heavy during his set. People were out there getting it. Side note: (When Serge Devant closed for Tiesto in 2010 at Webster Hall while promoting Kaleidoscope, his set was better than Tiesto's and those that stayed until closing agreed.) I think Tiesto was trying to make him into a star but I haven't heard much from him since then. People danced until about 7:30 when they finally shut it down. I remember guys talking about getting breakfast aster that. I took the 1 train home and tried to sleep but couldn't.

That night was so fun that I decided to buy ISOS 5 on CD. I became so hooked on that album. I took it with me to China. Every long distance run that I go on, I listen to ISOS 5. All 4 marathons I have run (including the Great Wall) was listening to ISOS 5. And I always can't help but think of that night. It brings me back. I can't believe that out of all the nights that someone chose to start a thread about that 2006 Tiesto Crobar party in 2014. That is how you know that is was a great night. Might have been the best Tiesto show I have seen. The only other one that might be better was Tiesto at Exit in December 14, 2001. I saw him at Exit in 2000 which was my first show ever. I was hooked after that.

Sad to see Crobar go. Like you guys said, it was the best big venue in NYC. Some great shows there. I would save all my money on the week just to go during the weekend. Summer 2005 was good but 2006 was the best year. I used to just go alone but it was amazing because people were so friendly and open. None of my friends were into it back then. Every big name DJ came to Crobar and didn't disappoint. Sasha and Digweed, Ferry Corsten, Roger Sanchez, Hernan Cattaneo, Tiesto.

It is good to know that fellow TA's were there for that spectacular night.

Awesome review dude! Yea that night was definitely crazy and to remember. I remember my buddies had trouble getting in as well. I think they gave the bouncer like $100 for all 3 and they finally got in. They told us the line was out of control wrapping around the corner. I was already in there with my other buddy and heard a little of Satoshii, good vibe good open. By the time Tiesto got on stage place was super packed!!!

fun fact:
1. notice the small % of people recording the event! and those were Digital Cameras (point&shoot) no iphones or andriods
2.Armani / Diesel Tshirts or diagonal pattern button downs shirts were the norm. No neon colors

By the way this was Day 2

Last edited by martinezequiel on Sep-28-2014 at 18:59

Old Post Sep-28-2014 18:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for martinezequiel Click here to Send martinezequiel a Private Message Add martinezequiel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > #TBT - Tiesto ISOS 5 Crobar NYC !!!!!!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNeed some help!:P [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLovechild - "Liberta" (Moonman Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread