Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Training for a sport
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
BTG
Ez skinz ez lyfe

Training for a sport

So i'm pretty out of shape. I've got a pointless hockey tournament coming up that i'm trying to get in shape for.

Obviously cardio is important. But I was wondering if anybody else has been in a situation like this and how often did they train etc.

I just want to be GOOD instead of spending the entire tournament trying to keep up.

tips etc welcomed.

Old Post Jun-18-2012 21:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for BTG Click here to Send BTG a Private Message Visit BTG's homepage! Add BTG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

If you are an out of shape fuck take Bikram yoga. Not only will you limber up but hot women will sweat from their asses near your face. Also skate with sand ankle weights. I've seen you skate though, so the best suggestion might be training wheels.

Old Post Jun-18-2012 21:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

running on a treadmill at 7.5 mph for 30 minutes with some breaks in between really helps me out.

Old Post Jun-18-2012 21:07  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

High Intensity Interval Training.

This is your best chance at getting in descent shape and gaining some stamina in a relatively small window of time.

Basically, do something for 60 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds. Repeat until failure.

This can work with jumping roping, running, etc.

Old Post Jun-18-2012 21:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

Its beer league hockey, all he needs to do is tighten the drinking wrist.

Old Post Jun-18-2012 21:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Direct
I invented the pushup

Other than endurance focus on your agility, speed, quickness and core stabilization with drills and plyometrics. Dont do to much anaerobic exercises. Carbing is also important pre-game to fuel during play and delay fatigue.

Old Post Jun-19-2012 01:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Direct Click here to Send Direct a Private Message Add Direct to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
High Intensity Interval Training.

This is your best chance at getting in descent shape and gaining some stamina in a relatively small window of time.

Basically, do something for 60 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds. Repeat until failure.

This can work with jumping roping, running, etc.

Can be really dangerous and damaging. Watch out.

Keep it aerobic but combine it with a little anaerobic exercises here and there.

Just do what feels right for you and you're already half way there, then just stick with the program.

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Jun-19-2012 01:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Training for a sport
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMysteryland 2006 - Sneakerz Stage - Gregor Salto [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCicada - "Things You Say" (Dirty South Remix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread