Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Beats and Beeps
Senior tranceaddict

Japanese Telecom makes very good trance.

Old Post Nov-04-2010 03:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for Beats and Beeps Click here to Send Beats and Beeps a Private Message Add Beats and Beeps to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
REAL TRANCE!!! (dont be fooled by the sexy bitch on front)

thats actually a great track, i heard it out in a club in like april i was like wowwww

i see this thread has alot of airwave stuff in it, which is good cause he been around for awhile and always stayed true to the genre for the most part

Old Post Nov-04-2010 12:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pointPi
Supreme tranceaddict

To me, "real trance music" means a special sort of EDM that's provided with these two elements:

• A constant 4/4 kick
  • A flowing bassline, that's not funky enough to be a house bassline, nor too static to be a techno bassline.

Everything else is secondary to me. Nothing you will add onto your track will necessarily make it more, less, real or not trance. Which means "real trance" will be anything ranging from this:

to this...

to this!

These three tracks sound so different from each other, yet the few similarities they have in common, are exactly those traits that makes trance trance. The differences are what we have sub-genres for.

But even though the spectrum of trance music is already wide, there are still unexplored fields in what trance music can be. There are so many future treasures we can unviel by further developing the elements of atmosphere, subtlety, transitions, sound morphing, surprise, harmony etcetera. All other types of music benefits from doing so too, but trance music has the potential to be the same musical role model to these genres as classical, jazz and even progressive rock music has been.
That was off topic, though.

Old Post Nov-06-2010 00:25  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for pointPi Click here to Send pointPi a Private Message Visit pointPi's homepage! Add pointPi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vampirul_18
Senior tranceaddict

Satan (eek!) Jon The Dentist - Global Phases

GENUINE. UNIQUE. VARIETY.

Now everything sounds so half assed and follows a certain formula...feels like you're listening to the same track over and over.

Old Post Nov-08-2010 07:54  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for vampirul_18 Click here to Send vampirul_18 a Private Message Visit vampirul_18's homepage! Add vampirul_18 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

My god! The five last posters examples of good trance music has been dreadful to say the least.

Old Post Nov-08-2010 16:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yourma2000
tranceaddict

Proud owner of this one on CD, a little higher pitched on this clip but I expect Maximum respect for this one :P

Hopefully the older members will remember it and the younger crowd will love it

Old Post Nov-08-2010 17:50  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for yourma2000 Click here to Send yourma2000 a Private Message Add yourma2000 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by yourma2000
Proud owner of this one on CD, a little higher pitched on this clip but I expect Maximum respect for this one :P

Hopefully the older members will remember it and the younger crowd will love it

great track...iam not really feeling it pitched up but none the less that was a great track back in the day
i have it on an old school matt darey cd
theres also these old school gem's

Old Post Nov-09-2010 14:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

There is some real trance out there, the problem is you have to sift through and filter out all the copycats, generic sounding garbage, tracks that go no where, producers that make all their songs sound the same, overproduced tracks, tracks that are too repetitive, vocal cheese, and then you are left with real trance. By that time there isn't much left. Real trance is rare.

Old Post Nov-09-2010 15:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
There is some real trance out there, the problem is you have to sift through and filter out all the copycats, generic sounding garbage, tracks that go no where, producers that make all their songs sound the same, overproduced tracks, tracks that are too repetitive, vocal cheese, and then you are left with real trance. By that time there isn't much left. Real trance is rare.

LOL This must be your personal opinion as I totally disagree if this would be your definition of 'real trance'.
People want tracks to be similar sounding.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Nov-09-2010 19:50  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rodri Santos
Supreme tranceaddict

myself on the other hand prefer innovative tracks like euphoric, but distinguish between innovative and weird some music is just weird , i like some artists that have similar producing style to others, but that at the same time all the tracks have clear differences with the previous (having some links too) if they produce several genres is fantastic.

For me listening to people whose tracks are always the same with different melody (and in most cases the melody is very similar) is so boring, yet i recognize some of the producers i like sometimes fall into this but not as a rule.

And the worst thing in trance and that happens more often is that you can list 100 producers that sound like another one. In particular the Anjunabeats style is being copied to exhaustion, the only explanation is that is the easiest and cheesiest (marketable) style.

Old Post Nov-09-2010 22:00  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for Rodri Santos Click here to Send Rodri Santos a Private Message Add Rodri Santos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Well I guess if you survived Euro Dance and Happy Hardcore you're not that sensitive any more and some small things different already can give you a good feeling about a track.

I don't like when e.g. a Faithless or Chicane track lacks their typical sound, which is only there if a track is partly similar to earlier tracks.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Nov-10-2010 20:16  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Matt_Moor
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-MB
People want tracks to be similar sounding.

Cant believe someone can say that. How could you listen to two hours of the same sound it defies logic. Where can a DJ take a set that sounds the exact same?

NOWHERE!

Old Post Nov-12-2010 07:53  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Matt_Moor Click here to Send Matt_Moor a Private Message Add Matt_Moor to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from Yoji @ sensation black 2005 [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMario Piu - "Mathmos" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread