Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Suggestions and Comments!
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

Suggestions and Comments!

Hey guys,

As some of you may have noted, I have been appointed the new mod of this section. I know the moderation of the stickies and threads this forum has been relatively stagnant for the last little while and am here to try and change some of that!

In this thread I'd like to take some of the suggestions about how I can make this forum better for everyone.

All non serious suggestions and unrelated posting will be deleted.

Please do not start debates in this thread and if you have a conflicting suggestion, post it. I will evaluate all of them and try to come to a logical conclusion. If you can't hold something back, send me a PM and I will try to work it out.

Hopefully Luke Terry and I can help make these forums better. I myself already have some ideas but would like to hear from you guys.

Cheers,

Greg

Last edited by Allied Nations on Aug-25-2006 at 04:47

Old Post Aug-25-2006 04:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

A FAQ would be nice so we wouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over again. You could also link the current stickies into it so we wouldn't have so many cluttering up the top of the forum.

Old Post Aug-25-2006 09:17  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
A FAQ would be nice so we wouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over again. You could also link the current stickies into it so we wouldn't have so many cluttering up the top of the forum.

Been thinking about getting both of those ideas in order inthe near future- except turn it into one big thread with links to threads, stickies and a some FAQs.

It won't be quick, but I think it would be good.

Old Post Aug-25-2006 15:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

Yeah I'm thinking a FAQ/General Information thread as seen in MD would be helpful. That way we aren't cluttered up to our knees in stickies, and we have a simple thread to direct people to instead of telling them to use the, not always direct and accurate search function. But make it clear that we're tired of all of the cdj 800 vs. cdj 200 threads and whether Pioneer makes better mixers than Allen & Heath. Throw in some of the Ableton/vinyl dying threads into the General Information thread as well as join the stickies into it and try to make it very clear that people check out the general information thread before they post a topic they may even think has been done thrice before.

Congrats on the new moddage btw!

Old Post Aug-25-2006 17:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rebel Brown
Supreme tranceaddict

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Basically agreeing with everything Demoted has already said, the general info/FAQ sticky would definately be a step in the right direction. Just a few ideas off the top of my head:

*The monster stickies on headphones/Vinyl Vs. CD/Harmonic Mixing should be put into their own seperate sections
    *DJing with Ableton/Laptop DJing -> including how to setup your computer with regards to soundcards/how to use a regular mixer (i.e. non-midi) with a laptop etc.
    *Which CDJ is right for you (800 vs 200, Pio vs Denon etc)
    *Timecode Vinyl section (Serato, Final Scratch, how it works, advantages over vinyl etc)
    *Effects Units (i.e. Do I buy a mixer with effects, or a seperate unit, what are the advantages of each unit and how to they differ)
    *Mixers -> Could have quite a few sections here; possibly have one section split into price ranges, i.e. what is recommended for people just starting, then at the other end you have your advantages and disadvantages of the high end mixers like Xone's and Nuo's/Rotary vs Linear/possibly a small glossary explaing terms like logarithmic and linear fader curves etc.
    *Beatport licencing issues , seen this one pop up a lot!

I'm sure there's loads more I can think of later.

Old Post Aug-25-2006 18:39  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Rebel Brown Click here to Send Rebel Brown a Private Message Add Rebel Brown to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

The stickie containment thread was a great decision.

Old Post Aug-25-2006 21:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
The stickie containment thread was a great decision.

Is this a serious or sarcastic response?

The is totally throwing me off, or are you just ing at the difference it's made in terms of cleanliness?

Old Post Aug-25-2006 21:34 
J:\Digital

I'm not to keen on the un-stickied stickies we've had for awhile...

Old Post Aug-26-2006 04:07 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

quote:
Originally posted by J:\Digital
I'm not to keen on the un-stickied stickies we've had for awhile...

They're still semi-stickied. I think it looks vurry nahhiiiice now.

Old Post Aug-26-2006 04:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

I find it a lot cleaner and it encourages people to do some looking around. I am planning on actively modding this place, so eventually I hope that info thread becomes a real reference for tutorial and info.

Old Post Aug-26-2006 04:45 
J:\Digital

quote:
Originally posted by Allied Nations
I find it a lot cleaner and it encourages people to do some looking around.

People don't do that now, and it was all right infront of their face...

Old Post Aug-26-2006 05:05 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by J:\Digital
People don't do that now, and it was all right infront of their face...

Yes but in time there will be more than just links to stickies in there. Also, as I said I plan on actively modding this forum and this will entail the closing of threads with the only explanation being: Please see this forum's info sticky. I know this may sound harsh to some, but this board has become oversaturated with the same garbage. If we can little by little remove the clutter, the great threads (and there has been some really insightful and intelligent threads) will shine through.

Old Post Aug-26-2006 05:21 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Suggestions and Comments!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEasy one [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThrillseekers - "Synaethesia 2004" (Ferry Corsten Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread