Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Apogee Duet comes to PC
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

In fairness, the margins for manufacturers on most kit is horrendous, especially when you factor support and repairs etc.

Balanced outs are compromised as there's simply not enough space (everything has to be in these ty factors so hipsters can set them up in their tiny apartments) and to do it right, costs decent money, something that again is really only appreciated by real pros, and a lot of people buying these boxes are "dabblers" at best and wouldn't know +4 or -10 if it rogered them.

USb is the easier way to go becuase there so much less to go wrong. In terms of things breaking, TRS are always the first thing that get battered becuase people plug shit in and out and don't understand the need for patch bays.

Shoving a jack in 100 times is going to break the <1mm wide contacts in that thing whereas a USB port can take more of a kicking, not to mention, the economy of scale is so low now that throwing is a cheap DAC with a USB circuit board costs less than 8 or 12 decent TRS sockets.

As for the PSU being outside, i don't have a problem with this' transformers are bulky by nature and they love to interfere with PCB's so there's a lot of design constraints trying to put them inside a low cost box. High end equipment? No excuse.

I too am sick of the analog fart boxes; The new Korg Electribes were surprisingly well built (metal chassis, nice pads/buttons etc) although they made some really weird design choices when it came to actually programming the damned thing.

This shit comes in waves. It's all boutique vintage throwback boxes now, it'll probably swing to more complete synths and workstations again.

Old Post Sep-08-2018 18:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

When it comes to workstations Roland is all about recycling their old tech. Their FA range is basically their decades old JV/XV Sampling+Synthesis synths with a sequencer at an affordable price. I doubt they'll ever release a heavyweight workstation to compete with the Kronos. The market simply isn't there. The good thing is they are also making VSTis now. You either hop aboard their plug-out technology, or just subscribe to Roland Cloud and stick to software instruments.

Old Post Sep-09-2018 12:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

So iI bought my cables to go with my output for apogee symphony to connect my monitors and outboard gear. I sold echoboy for this, now I can route all my delay sends to my eventide factor delay external gear and w/e else I have.

8-M2932-DB-CUSTOM-2-S Customize Your Own Analog DB25 Snake | Made from Mogami 2932 & Neutrik Gold | Standard Finish ( Harness Loom )
[DB25 / D-Sub Cable Length:12 Feet]
[Choose DB25-Male or DB25-Female:Male DB25]
[DB25 Hood Type:Metal Hood]
[Side B Ch. 1:XLR-Male]
[Side B Ch. 2:XLR-Male]
[Side B Ch. 3:1/4" TRS]
[Side B Ch. 4:1/4" TRS]
[Side B Ch. 5:1/4" TRS]
[Side B Ch. 6:1/4" TRS]
[Side B Ch. 7:1/4" TRS]
[Side B Ch. 8:1/4" TRS]
[Fanback:6 Feet] 1 $133.50 $133.50

Old Post Sep-13-2018 19:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Just make sure when you order it, it's wired to Apogee ensemble spec.pin out.

Although I'm not the hugest fan of mogami, they're still decent and that's a great price.

Old Post Sep-17-2018 16:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Just make sure when you order it, it's wired to Apogee ensemble spec.pin out.

Although I'm not the hugest fan of mogami, they're still decent and that's a great price.

I'm all connected everything is rock socking solid, whoa.

Old Post Sep-24-2018 21:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Wow mix downs are so much easier coming out of the Roland System 1 as my main output now that I'm on the symphony.

Old Post Sep-25-2018 01:36  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Apogee Duet comes to PC
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackold trance [2008] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackIgor S - Boomerang [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread