Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
AY STAR
let the music use you up

Old Post Jan-14-2010 01:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by RebeL9
Yeah you are obviously not alone since everyone and his uncle and donkey is producing it and the big question is; How much can the market handle? In the 90s goa trance went through the same phase. It eventually ended in shutting down of 90% of all goa trance labels.
I'll give this supersaw trend a maximum of 2 more years.

Let's wait and see. The trend indeed could go over, maybe should have been for some years. I agree it has become too much. But since I only select the tracks I like it doesn't affect me a lot. Could be my age and the fact that I'm not confronted with it as much as younger ta's probably are. Despite I like current trance, I certainly don't like all of it, but I'm convinced you have the same with goa. I like some goa too, just not as much as you.
I'm not surprised with the trend. Already had the feeling trance like this would become popular around 1996. I also see it a bit as replacement for the Culture Beat's and Capella's. However these were much more Euro style. I think it was the Taucher remix of Culture Beat's Pay No Mind which shows they were pretty close to nowadays trance. Guess I need to put that one at Youtube some time.

Someone mentioned Eurodance without rap, he should listen some more Eurodance, as also many don't have rap.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Jan-14-2010 11:47  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-MB
Someone mentioned Eurodance without rap, he should listen some more Eurodance, as also many don't have rap.

That doesn't help your argument one bit you stupid, stupid man.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-14-2010 12:14  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DancingMonkey
Senior tranceaddict

Old Post Jan-14-2010 18:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DancingMonkey Click here to Send DancingMonkey a Private Message Add DancingMonkey to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
That doesn't help your argument one bit you stupid, stupid man.

That fine, cause it wasn't meant to.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
It's not even that I disagree with you about the idea that most modern trance is basically Euro-dance without the rapping.

LOL, yes, there were tracks which are close to trance with some imagination, but most weren't and certainly not most of those had rap. Actually the once which were close maybe even didn't have rap at all e.g. Cappella, Sash! or 2Fabiola. Most of these are for the 3rd generation Eurodance.

The first generation indeed had a lot of rap and started around 1990.
2Unlimited, 2Brothers on the 4th floor, Twenty4Seven, M.C. Sar & the Real McCoy etc etc, but these don't give me any trance feelings at all.

But maybe you can give me some examples where I can clearly here some trance behind the rap, because I don't remember all tracks I listened to (but still a lot).
IMO you generalized a bit too much.

I think todays trance is 10 times closer to 1994 trance then Eurodance in general is to todays trance. But I do believe todays trance is sort of a replacement of Eurodance which probably is why it is so popular.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Jan-14-2010 21:00  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

quote:

I think todays trance is 10 times closer to 1994 trance then Eurodance in general is to todays trance.

seriously?

Old Post Jan-14-2010 21:08  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

I wanna hear music through TRANCE-MB's ears for like 5 minutes. Just to hear what it's like.

Old Post Jan-14-2010 21:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9

I would say that this eurodance track;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0M703prHw4

is closer to to this modern day trance track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Gt2D5mbrU

than it is to this trance track from 1994:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2yP5_IxPQ
or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvlOmaKnTsI

Old Post Jan-14-2010 21:15  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
I would say that this eurodance track;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0M703prHw4

is closer to to this modern day trance track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Gt2D5mbrU

Good example, because that's one which indeed is closer to todays trance. It also happens to be one of the 3rd generation Eurodance. Milk Inc e.g. is too. But Eurodance is much older. But I can't recognize trance in these, which do have rap and are typical Eurodance too:

Fuck am I that old or you guys that young?

Old Post Jan-14-2010 21:23  Netherlands
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:

I love Vernon

Old Post Jan-14-2010 21:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9

quote:
Good example, because that's one which indeed is closer to todays trance. It also happens to be one of the 3rd generation Eurodance. Milk Inc e.g. is too. But Eurodance is much older.

Yeah I know but what does that got to do with it? It's still eurodance and far more closer the typical ASOT stuff than the trance of the mid 90s. I remember all the early 90s eurodance since I listened to it myself when I was younger. I never associated it with trance back then. It was called eurodance and nothing else even back then.

Old Post Jan-14-2010 21:45  Afghanistan
Schadenfreude
Bird is the word.

Location: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa- Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-

can i be stuck in a time machine for the rest of my life too?

Whooooooo Hawwwww Whoooooo Hawwwww. - Busta Rhymes 3:16

www.soundcloud.com/le-freak

Le Freak - Funk for Cows (pure fat bitch haus..click and free wet naps.)

Old Post Jan-14-2010 21:46  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for Schadenfreude Click here to Send Schadenfreude a Private Message Add Schadenfreude to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackwho knows this trance song from 1998? [2003] [8]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMarkus Schulz pres. Elevation - "Somewhere" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread