Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Christianity
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
6meets9
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Blake
Sounds like this would make an awesome movie!

haha yes

Old Post Apr-07-2012 20:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for 6meets9 Click here to Send 6meets9 a Private Message Add 6meets9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

I realize yall are probably listening to a wicked mix right now, but I just wanted to post this video. It's one of my favorite youtube segments of a pastor who talks about evil, sin etc.

:49-1:49 stunned me.

Old Post Apr-07-2012 20:24  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.
God allows suffering in the world because good has to prove its purity above it. Otherwise, people would be spoiled and wouldn't need to put in effort into living.

Has to prove it to whom? And for what purpose?

Not that it matters. If God were truly omnipotent, then God could achieve any purpose without the need for suffering.

That is, if God allows suffering for any reason, then it is either out of necessity--and, then, God is not all-powerful--or out of caprice--and, then, God is not all-good.

There are an infinite number of possible Gods. If you must believe in a God, allow me humbly to suggest one of them.

Old Post Apr-07-2012 20:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by 6meets9
Can someone tell me if this is true?

I laughed a little when I first read this but don't have the time to verify and research everything. Apparently Jesus Christ is going to return which is more commonly referred to as the second coming and unite the jews, muslims and christians and all abrahamic religions will set aside their differences and hatred for one another and fight as brothers and sisters in a war against evil, basically the devil and the antichrist and his army. Christ will lead the army of good and defeat evil after which there will be a thousand years of peace. This is the only way there will be peace in the middle east and everyone will live happily ever after LOL.

Sounds like a Canadian version of the rapture or something, lol.

The American version is that Jesus comes back and kills 99% of the people who aren't true blue born-again Christians. Then for good measure he sends them to hell.

Old Post Apr-07-2012 21:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Desiderata
addiction of duplicities

quote:
Sins aren't categorized into tiers. Someone who rapes or murders is no different from someone who uses profanity.

You're absolutely right when you say anyone who breaks God's laws aren't allowed to go to heaven. Have you ever stolen something? Have you ever lied? Have you ever disliked someone? I've done all three with no limit, so there's no way I'm going to be acquitted with God as the judge. I deserve hell, or I deserve life in prison.
Without Jesus' death on the cross, hell would be the only option for people. That is why he's the mediator for us to believe in him and enter God's kingdom.

This is the best I can do for you.

But the subsequent collision of fools...
Well versed in the subtle art of slavery.

Old Post Apr-07-2012 21:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Desiderata Click here to Send Desiderata a Private Message Add Desiderata to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
Supreme tranceaddict

Ah Christianity ; it's as if The Holocaust were gang banged by a thousand 9/11's!

Old Post Apr-08-2012 08:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Arbiter
Has to prove it to whom? And for what purpose?

Not that it matters. If God were truly omnipotent, then God could achieve any purpose without the need for suffering.

That is, if God allows suffering for any reason, then it is either out of necessity--and, then, God is not all-powerful--or out of caprice--and, then, God is not all-good.

There are an infinite number of possible Gods. If you must believe in a God, allow me humbly to suggest one of them.

God has to prove it to men and women so they can take the focus off themselves and live a humble life. I'm not saying atheists are arrogant, but to put humans at the top of the food chain is a big statement considering our imperfections and mortality.

There are thousands of gods, but only the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (aka I AM WHO I AM) can love the world so much that he sent his only begotten son to save people from flat out wickedness.

The bottom line is, men are evil, and only Jesus Christ can save us.

Old Post Apr-08-2012 15:52  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Desiderata
addiction of duplicities

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity. [/]

The bottom line is, [b]men are evil
, and only Jesus Christ can save us.

No my friend, Men are Human. And add a Wo to men and they are also Human.

You are trying to say Mankind is evil, aren't you. Not just Men.

Old Post Apr-08-2012 16:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Desiderata Click here to Send Desiderata a Private Message Add Desiderata to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

If you need god/a god to recognize and understand the difference between right and wrong, and to motivate you to be a "good" person, then you are a simpleton, imo.

Old Post Apr-08-2012 16:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

quote:
God has to prove it to men and women so they can take the focus off themselves and live a humble life. I'm not saying atheists are arrogant, but to put humans at the top of the food chain is a big statement considering our imperfections and mortality.

Making the claim that god exists in the first place is the biggest statement and leaves you with the burden of proof. Whether you like it or not.
An Atheist would never make such claims, it seems to me that the arrogant ones are people like yourself who not only claim to know that there is a god, but know exactly what he thinks, what he wishes you to do, what you can and cannot eat, what bits of your genitals he wants you to cut off, who to have sex with and in what position.. Do you see what I mean?

I don't need some sugary fantasy or a paradise (nor some shady bullshit threat of a fairy tale judgement) to make me happy or to act morally, I can do it on my own.

Last edited by Intellekshual on Apr-08-2012 at 17:28

Old Post Apr-08-2012 17:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:

:49-1:49 stunned me.

Honestly, I really don't understand why you haven't been permabanned, yet.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Apr-08-2012 17:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Desiderata
addiction of duplicities

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
If you need god/a god to recognize and understand the difference between right and wrong, and to motivate you to be a "good" person, then you are a simpleton, imo.

Exactly, you don't need imaginary friends to have a moral compass.

And in unrelated news...

This is one of my favorite scenes from an Indie film that was made in Austin, Texas in 1991 or 1992.

The whole movie is Hipster gold.

Old Post Apr-08-2012 17:39  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Christianity
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp Me With This Track!!!!it Seems Of Marino Stephano!!! [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFloorplay - "Automatic" (Original Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread