Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
markusschulz
tranceaddict in training

A Message from Markus Schulz

Hi everyone,

I have never posted here on Tranceaddict, I choose to be the quiet type, just reading peoples views and opinions on everything from music to production and I have even occasionally wandered into the political forums, as I feel that tranceaddict.com is a community of people who I can relate to. Alot of the people here are misunderstood in the real world, or have a passion for music that few outside of an Internet community can relate to. For this reason I have held tranceaddict.com in a high regard. I can also say that I am not the only one, there are alot of big DJs that feel the same , but are uncomfortable posting. Whenever there is a gathering of Tranceaddicts at any gig, whether I am playing or not, I always make it a point to thank every one of them. Lately the boards have really taken a turn for the worst. I am not sure if it is just from a noisy few members or what, but it really has
made the board feel unfriendly and uncomfortable to read at times. I certainly don’t think censorship of any kind is acceptable, however I think its time for the moderators of the forums to get things under control here. This message board is not just about music; it is a community of passionate people who have music as a common bond. We should all respect each other. When coming across someone who has a different opinion than you, maybe continuing a discussion in a non-offensive manner may reveal that you have a lot more in common than you think. Even if there are people whose music I don’t like, I am still friends with them and respect them, because I have gotten to know them outside of just their music. Dave Dresden and I argue all the time about some of his tracks, but he is still a great friend who I have a lot in common with and enjoy hanging with away from the music. Dave also proves me wrong a lot, and I humbly admit it. Ozgur Can thinks a lot of my music is too “progblipblop”, but we are still good friends, and support each other. I have read many posts with opposing views then my own, and respected the person, for giving well thought out points. I have also read many peoples views about the music and that I and the other members of the “Evil Trio” play. I know that not everyone enjoys the music that I play, I accept that. I actually find that a challenge, because it keeps me working harder, to try to win you over. But just remember, music is art, and not everyone likes the Mona Lisa. But the people that do are very passionate about it.

Thank you to everyone who is supportive, I appreciate your kindness. I hope that I am able to bring some joy to your lives through music. The people that don’t like my style of music, that’s ok too, maybe we have a sports team, a politician, TV show or a favorite Pop Idol wannabe in common. Respect me, and what I am doing is all I ask. I do it for the love of music, I am just lucky to be able to support my family with my career in music.

Respect to you all!
Markus Schulz

Last edited by markusschulz on Oct-26-2004 at 23:35

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for markusschulz Click here to Send markusschulz a Private Message Visit markusschulz's homepage! Add markusschulz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
josh rising
annie / don't stop. 2009!

That was a good post! I have to admit, I'm not a fan of yours,but I respect you. Everyone in the industry and all the fans should be respected, but they aren't. Some people ehre are ALWAYS dissing other people (like myself, because I like "cheese") and its just rude and takes away from the unity that there SHOULD be here.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for josh rising Click here to Send josh rising a Private Message Add josh rising to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stephenox
Supreme tranceaddict

I will say that you're not my absolute favorite DJ, but you're somewhere near the top of my list of favorites. I certainly agree with what you just said, that due respect should be given to different peoples' tastes while people can still express their own views (constructive criticism). Thanks, Markus.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Stephenox Click here to Send Stephenox a Private Message Visit Stephenox's homepage! Add Stephenox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AndskiSpeed

At the end of the day you're DJing in front of (I assume) a lot of people so I wouldnt worry about it

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:22  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for AndskiSpeed Click here to Send AndskiSpeed a Private Message Add AndskiSpeed to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
A.J.
Back from the dead

Well said, mate.

I certainly agree with you on a lot of points. People may have different tastes in music, and they may think that certain artists or genres are rubbish, but that is no reason to openly criticise people personally because of the music that they like.

I think that a criticism is a good thing and it is needed, when it is done constructively, but one line insults and put-downs aren't helping anyone.

It's just music people, ENJOY IT!

Cheers,

AJ

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:22  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for A.J. Click here to Send A.J. a Private Message Add A.J. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
biznology
Supreme tranceaddict

OH TTA, you got called out! hehe youre fucked!

well not really...

I just have to say markus that ive watched what youve done from your beautiful remix of Youll Never See Me Cry, to the sudden resurgence you had in the international communities eyes.

Ive not enjoyed all of the stuff youve pushed or put out necessarily tho. That isnt out of disrespect - I judge DJs by not only their style or show, but also their general class. DJing brings out the shit in people sometimes, and that makes for bad DJs and bad fans too. (Not that I think Andy is one of these, hes just very critical)

I ALSO think, since ive been on the boards since before my Dec 2k reg date, that this always happens. People get all tussled up for various reasons, and if you are seen as popular here you are going to get reamed. Then again, looking at the scene from the outside, even Armin is a nobody in the US.

TAs get caught up in hype- look at the best tracks that come out! They are lauded on the boards 2 to 12 mos before release, and then decried as shit by everyone when they do for the most part. Its difficult, but I understand your plight and concerns, just dont give up on TA - its a bit selective!

cheers|

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for biznology Click here to Send biznology a Private Message Add biznology to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dublin Guy
your ole one

quote:
music is art, and not everyone likes the Mona Lisa

quality.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:29  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Dublin Guy Click here to Send Dublin Guy a Private Message Add Dublin Guy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
biznology
Supreme tranceaddict

btw you arent evil, TTA just has a stick up his ass and overgeneralizes|

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for biznology Click here to Send biznology a Private Message Add biznology to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Disco_Gibson
Supreme tranceaddict

nice one markus

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:31  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Disco_Gibson Click here to Send Disco_Gibson a Private Message Add Disco_Gibson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Streakfury
Angrily Running Naked

It does seem to me that more often than not, half of the threads started end up as a flame war, which is kind of sad. A good argument here and there is healthy and keeps people in check () but some people on here do take it to extremes. I tend to ignore those people who are just being unreasonable, and I know a lot of others do too, because in the end it is just an internet forum.

I'm glad to see that you read what people write here, whether good or bad, and I hope you can take the points given and work with them. As for the people who needlessly diss other people for the sake of it, just don't bother with them. The opinions that really count come from those who have respect for everyone, and can critisize something without being offensive.

Good luck for the future, and keep up the good work.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Streakfury Click here to Send Streakfury a Private Message Visit Streakfury's homepage! Add Streakfury to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DannyO
The Vinyl Hunter

Quality post mate, I 110% agree with you, I can't realy add anything that hasn't already been added, but just forget about the few that do criticize badly, you will never please everyone, but you can try, keep up the good work, I enjoy your sets now and then to chill to, love the way you progress your sets.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for DannyO Click here to Send DannyO a Private Message Add DannyO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancened
LOLLERSKATES ROFLCOPTER

Great post Markus, I think whats been going is ridiculous and needs to be set to rest...

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancened Click here to Send Trancened a Private Message Visit Trancened's homepage! Add Trancened to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMint Tune from Kai Tracid Set - Uplifting - ID It !! [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSolar Stone - Solar Coaster [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread