Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 189
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
The thing is they have to list these sorts of things as "serious defects" because if left unchecked, they can become serious probles. For instance, no extractor fan means you'll get moisture buldup, ad somewhere that is as wet as the North, means mold, and that will fuck an entire house.

I appreciate that, but a Category 3 issue on a structural survey is something must be rectified urgently. He flagged half the house as needing urgent work, which shat me right up, but then I read it and most of it is trivial bollocks. There's Category 2 for non-urgent works that could develop into problems if not maintained.

Anyway, I won't be able to speak to him until Monday. I've been told they'll be a lot more honest on the phone, where nothing they say is legally binding.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-07-2018 22:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
That's weird Jenny, I was pretty sure Kerri Chandler is playing New York tonight. I know because as always I'm not going.

I meant to specify, tomorrow.

Old Post Dec-07-2018 23:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Damn, that dude is a machine.

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
Sounds legit, post that music if you get a chance

It's in my sig.

Old Post Dec-07-2018 23:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
I was just talking with Jake about this a couple of days ago. I'm really hoping they add some Australian dates to their tour. I've seen them live twice before (the original Mezzanine tour in 1998 and the 100th Window tour in 2003) but that was obviously quite some time ago. It would be cool to see them again, especially since they're touring Mezzanine, which is probably my favourite album of all time.

Whoa sick. I dunno if my fave - I actually went back and listened to their first two albums and I kinda like them all pretty equally. However, Mezzanine def wins for the memories associated. Also pretty hot make out album...well it was when I enjoyed it at the time lolololol.

Old Post Dec-07-2018 23:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Whoa sick. I dunno if my fave - I actually went back and listened to their first two albums and I kinda like them all pretty equally. However, Mezzanine def wins for the memories associated. Also pretty hot make out album...well it was when I enjoyed it at the time lolololol.

Oh yeah, I definitely love their older stuff too, that's what got me into the band when I was a teenager. There's something about Mezzanine that really struck a chord with me though, which is weird because it was such a big departure from their earlier sound.

I'm told that Elizabeth Fraser is touring with them this time, which is also cool, since she co-wrote quite a few tracks on that album. And, of course, because she has an amazing voice.

Old Post Dec-07-2018 23:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Requested about $10K worth of repairs from the seller of our (hopefully) future house and they said they would just give us the $10K instead, which is okay with us. Now we just need the appraisal so that we can secure the loan from the bank and we can close.

Kind of feel like going out tonight but I'm not sure if there's anything of interest happening.

Is that $10k off closing costs or price of loan? We are selling in 2 weeks and found out we could only give 2% of loan amount in closing costs at close. So I am writing them a check for a bit extra.

Good luck! we sell in 10 days and buy in 12!

Old Post Dec-08-2018 15:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

it's all a blur

Old Post Dec-09-2018 21:16  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I appreciate that, but a Category 3 issue on a structural survey is something must be rectified urgently. He flagged half the house as needing urgent work, which shat me right up, but then I read it and most of it is trivial bollocks. There's Category 2 for non-urgent works that could develop into problems if not maintained.

Anyway, I won't be able to speak to him until Monday. I've been told they'll be a lot more honest on the phone, where nothing they say is legally binding.

Ah, it's just arse covering then; Flag it all as critical to avoid any liability.

Tbh, as long as the bones (i.e structure) and expensive essentials (plumbing, damp proofing, electrical, sewer line, etc) are all OK, everything can be fixed. We did entire electrical and new sewer line first thing from seller credits but I just had to do a new roof - it wasn't cheap but it also wasn't the end of the world and I'm now good for 20 years.

What you save on rent you'll spend on maintenance lol, but there's nothing like the feeling of knowing it's yours.

Congrats again. Pics of the DJ cave when done!

Old Post Dec-09-2018 21:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Is that $10k off closing costs or price of loan? We are selling in 2 weeks and found out we could only give 2% of loan amount in closing costs at close. So I am writing them a check for a bit extra.

Good luck! we sell in 10 days and buy in 12!

That's pretty common. Banks don't want the loan used as credits and sellers don't like doing repairs themselves in case any of those repairs fail in 6 months, the seller is on the hook t0 chase the contractors to do repairs for a house they no longer own.

Old Post Dec-09-2018 21:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow

It’s really easy for sellers to hide or not disclose. I was recently watching This Old House. Owners were getting sewer gas in basement. Turns out the cast iron pipe had sagged, the fix would involve tearing up the finished basement cement floor to install a new line. Home owners opted to sell the house. By the time the next owners figure out what’s the problem...

My house they used incenses to cover up the smell of mold in the basement. Dehumidifier fixed that. The deck also had mold. Was installed too close to the ground. Was able to fix it by rerouting the down spouts so didn’t drain under the deck. You can pretty much count on most work that was done after the house was built to be half ass on the cheap and any major maintenance left for the next home owner to pick up the tab.

Last edited by on Dec-10-2018 at 19:30

Old Post Dec-10-2018 19:17 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_Snow
It’s really easy for sellers to hide or not disclose. I was recently watching This Old House. Owners were getting sewer gas in basement. Turns out the cast iron pipe had sagged, the fix would involve tearing up the finished basement cement floor to install a new line. Home owners opted to sell the house. By the time the next owners figure out what’s the problem...

Ugh, what cvnts. Be a shame if they were on TV talking about i...oh wait.

That's why I say get as many inspections as possible. My seller was adamant nothing was wrong with the house and wouldn't do any credits when we put in the full asking price offer. Disclosures only mentioned a slightly wobbly toilet.

Instead, the sewer line needed redoing (80'), complete house electrical, there was a leak under the house, the roof had multiple leaks, THE HVAC hadn't been serviced since installed 15 years prior, the sprinkler system was completely fucked, the foundations needed brace and bolting.

Got quotes for $50k of work, and as we were already balls deep in escrow with all other buyers now gone, she'd only give $25k. Then got all the work done for under $25k lol. I just wish she'd been up front and it could have been negotiated out instead of playing a two month game etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_Snow
My house they used incenses to cover up the smell of mold in the basement. Dehumidifier fixed that. The deck also had mold. Was installed too close to the ground. Was able to fix it by rerouting the down spouts so didn’t drain under the deck. You can pretty much count on most work that was done after the house was built to be half ass on the cheap and any major maintenance left for the next home owner to pick up the tab.

If I ever walk in to a place and smell incense, glad plugins, room fragrance or heavy candles, I nope the fuck out. Tell tale that there's major water problems. In SoCal that's no so much a big deal as shit drys out in days once fixed, but anywhere wet (i.e. UK, Europe, Mid West, East Coast, PNW) It's not worth the bother unless it's something simple like moving drainage as you did or if it's reflected heavily in the price discount.

Old Post Dec-11-2018 23:48 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

To resurrect the house buying chatter, I got the crack in the wall checked out by a structural surveyor and it's easily fixable. I managed to get another £2k knocked off the price of the house as a result. Not much, but it will cover my survey costs and the repair work, especially when interest is taken into account.

Hopefully now it's full steam ahead.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-19-2018 20:16  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 189
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown track 3/3 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJas - "Soul Doing Dishes" (Luke Fair Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread