Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > NI Maschine / drum machines
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Pretty tiresome process recently trying to put a track together, can’t seem to build any groove, sick of drawing in midi notes into ableton

So I’m thinking of trying something different, anybody got any thoughts on drum machines? I was thinking of NI Maschine as an option, I think i can have individual tracks in Live with it, have to check that
I like the layout of Maschine versus Ableton Push...i was watching a recent video of Ian Pooley doing some beats on an MPC, just looked so cool jamming on that

Any other options? It’s a shame the new Roland TR-09 looks so fiddly plus no individual outs?

Old Post Apr-07-2020 00:53  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

If you like the idea of Maschine it's probably not a bad solution. They seem to go dirt cheap second hand too.

You can assign Maschine to 16 separate outputs which can then be routed to discrete channels within Live.

I haven't used one for years and didn't get into it because it's kind of like a DAW within a DAW, but it does seem they've improved the workflow a lot over the years.

Old Post Apr-07-2020 12:52  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Thanks man, gonna keep looking at different options, not in any rush really

Old Post Apr-08-2020 16:33  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

🦉 Don't see why you need a drum machine just to tap out some beats. A keyboard usually suffices--it's easy to remember keymapings for General Midi drums. You don't like using MIDI drum files or sample loops + a drum replacer plugin? Behringer's 909 clone would be a good choice however those pads are not so good for jamming on as it's designed more for the quick creation of step patterns. Wouldn't mind one myself but I'm leaning more towards Roland's TR-8S or Rytm.

Old Post Apr-09-2020 12:14  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by Mel David
🦉 Don't see why you need a drum machine just to tap out some beats. A keyboard usually suffices--it's easy to remember keymapings for General Midi drums. You don't like using MIDI drum files or sample loops + a drum replacer plugin? Behringer's 909 clone would be a good choice however those pads are not so good for jamming on as it's designed more for the quick creation of step patterns. Wouldn't mind one myself but I'm leaning more towards Roland's TR-8S or Rytm.

Hi, yeah i have a keyboard with pads but they’re just not the best (can’t remember keyboard name atm) guess i just want to get out of the computer a bit

Did not realise behringer were doing a 909 clone I’ll look into that, thank you!

Old Post Apr-10-2020 01:09  Ireland
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

🐻 I meant use the black & white keys to jam rather than drum pads. I prefer the black fascia of Behringer's 808 clone but I like 909 drums more than 808, except for the 808 kick drum which is prevalent in hip-hop & drum n bass. That 909 kick is essential for most forms of dance. Since the older model Roland TR-8 (without sample import) is half price now it does make it hard to choose though you're getting both 808 & 909 samples. But then you also learn there is the MC-101 or 707, the SP-404 (DJs choice) & the Model:Samples, so buyer anxiety increases tenfold. Yeah spoilt for choice really.

Old Post Apr-11-2020 04:18  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Maybe this. I must have missed it in the dirge of NAMM videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNwz9b0o6U

Old Post Apr-11-2020 19:05  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Maybe this. I must have missed it in the dirge of NAMM videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNwz9b0o6U

that's the manufacturer of the midi keyboard i have, it has drum pads which i hate so yeah, probably not for me

Just been on gearslutz recently for first time in ages, so many new products have been released so im catching up, the Behringer 909 remake is exciting!

I will probably sell my Dominion 1, never really gelled with it. I see MFB have an 8 voice poly coming out which does sound really good but not sure i like that MFB sound at the end of the day

Old Post Apr-13-2020 11:38  Ireland
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Is your Dominion 1 fully functional? I know a couple of people who bought them and they broke pretty quickly.

I have a TR8-S here that's surplus to requirements.

Old Post Apr-13-2020 12:49  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Is your Dominion 1 fully functional? I know a couple of people who bought them and they broke pretty quickly.

I have a TR8-S here that's surplus to requirements.

No way? I always thought it was built like a tank, what exactly broke on theirs?

Old Post Apr-13-2020 20:47  Ireland
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Tuning went, pots broke, buttons ceased to function and outputs went crispy. Actually, some of those were Tanzbars, but two had issues with Dominion 1's as well.

Sounds like you have a good one!

Old Post Apr-14-2020 11:38  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Tuning went, pots broke, buttons ceased to function and outputs went crispy. Actually, some of those were Tanzbars, but two had issues with Dominion 1's as well.

Sounds like you have a good one!

woah, that's the first I've heard of issues with them - have not noticed any problems with this one at all, then again I couldn't say it was heavily used

Old Post Apr-14-2020 14:55  Ireland

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > NI Maschine / drum machines
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackQUERVO's SPEED OF LIGHT (different) track ID needed [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJohan Gielen presents ABNEA "Velvet Moods" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread