Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Tracks Section > Tracklist Requests / Postings > Paul Oakenfold: Perfecto On Tour - Sirius Area 38 [Tracklist Archive]
Pages (73): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
leonsv
òðàíñ ñõàâàë ìîé ìîñê

quote:
Originally posted by KennethThomas
Quick FYI... you have no idea what you are talking about. Your statement "Paul doesn't have a hand in these sets" is 100% inaccurate.

And maybe you should keep from making comments like this when you are trying to find a place for yourself in this industry?

Making comments like this on a public forum is pretty unprofessional if you ask me...

Kenneth, read please this thread : Perfecto on Tour 01-50. A general overview.

Show Perfecto On Tour with ideal quality, without hindrances, hissing, noise and crowd whistle in club. All it means that it not live performances !!

Old Post Jan-07-2009 04:46  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for leonsv Click here to Send leonsv a Private Message Add leonsv to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Peerfect0
tranceaddict in training

I don't know if any other show was edited BUT I have to admit that POT 81 is fake..
It says it was recorded at Sensation White Budapest, Hungary (03 may 2008) which is impossible becouse I attended that show and his set was only 75 minutes long and he played tracks like Beautiful Day (perfecto remix), Southern Sun, Seven Cities, King of my Castle (sandern van doorn remix), etc. I thought that the sets were changed up but it can't be neither because the radio voice says it's recorded from Budapest...
So I'm not sure about POTs anymore... :/

Old Post Jan-07-2009 07:35  Hungary
Click Here to See the Profile for Peerfect0 Click here to Send Peerfect0 a Private Message Add Peerfect0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stephen Wiley
Supreme tranceaddict

109 is pretty good IMO. Some tracks on there I wish I could find. I wonder how long the Sirius deal is for

Last edited by Stephen Wiley on Jan-10-2009 at 19:16

Old Post Jan-07-2009 09:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Stephen Wiley Click here to Send Stephen Wiley a Private Message Visit Stephen Wiley's homepage! Add Stephen Wiley to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Edwin-L
Junior tranceaddict

Its good to see there is discussion about Perfecto On Tour sets again. However, its also quite amazing that focus on "is it mixed by Paul?", "is it a real live set because of the story-telling in the beginning of the set and the set labelled with live date?" would be brought up from time to time.

Thanks to both jmrecillas and PvDoBseSSioN who have confirmed that Paul mixed every set himself on "Perfecto on Tour 01-50. A general overview".

Guys! If a weekly studio-mix from Paul is good enough for you, just enjoy yourselves and enjoy the sets! Forget about the labelling of the sets and story-telling part by Liquid Todd, it is just a way to remind listeners that Paul is still active in the dance music scene and still on tour. (What a nice surprise that Paul is coming to Australia for Mardi-Gras (as headliner) and Future Music Festival 2009.) Although its kind of confusing to listeners who don't know that they are studio mixes. Its really a much better way to present a radio show compared to say ASOT who reminds listeners that it is ASOT Armin... or that competitions are on to win albums or don't forget to vote...

Why not provide real review of the radio show/tracks like whether you like a particular mix of a song and for technical listeners, probably comments like "transition from "song A" to "song B" should be beat matched more" or "the transition into "song A" is cool".

I think Paul should throw in some tracks from his soundtrack work (there are some nice tracks on Vexille and Nobel Son).

Leonsv, thanks for creating this thread and keeping it alive!!!

Kenneth, glad to see your on-going participation. The way you present your Obsessions sets on your Myspace site is really cool (good quality and with full track listing). The sets are nice too. Everytime I listen to them, I would think: "When would Paul present Perfecto On Tour sets online this way?"

Old Post Jan-07-2009 21:11  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Edwin-L Click here to Send Edwin-L a Private Message Add Edwin-L to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KennethThomas
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Edwin-L
Its good to see there is discussion about Perfecto On Tour sets again. However, its also quite amazing that focus on "is it mixed by Paul?", "is it a real live set because of the story-telling in the beginning of the set and the set labelled with live date?" would be brought up from time to time.

Thanks to both jmrecillas and PvDoBseSSioN who have confirmed that Paul mixed every set himself on "Perfecto on Tour 01-50. A general overview".

Guys! If a weekly studio-mix from Paul is good enough for you, just enjoy yourselves and enjoy the sets! Forget about the labelling of the sets and story-telling part by Liquid Todd, it is just a way to remind listeners that Paul is still active in the dance music scene and still on tour. (What a nice surprise that Paul is coming to Australia for Mardi-Gras (as headliner) and Future Music Festival 2009.) Although its kind of confusing to listeners who don't know that they are studio mixes. Its really a much better way to present a radio show compared to say ASOT who reminds listeners that it is ASOT Armin... or that competitions are on to win albums or don't forget to vote...

Why not provide real review of the radio show/tracks like whether you like a particular mix of a song and for technical listeners, probably comments like "transition from "song A" to "song B" should be beat matched more" or "the transition into "song A" is cool".

I think Paul should throw in some tracks from his soundtrack work (there are some nice tracks on Vexille and Nobel Son).

Leonsv, thanks for creating this thread and keeping it alive!!!

Kenneth, glad to see your on-going participation. The way you present your Obsessions sets on your Myspace site is really cool (good quality and with full track listing). The sets are nice too. Everytime I listen to them, I would think: "When would Paul present Perfecto On Tour sets online this way?"

Thanks for the kind words brother and the positive vibes.

Glad you are digging the Obsessions sets. We are exploring ways to offer even more past shows for download beyond just the past 4. Also, we should have Obsessions up for Podcast in the next month or so.

Being that there is only a handful of us working behind the scenes with Paul on his many many projects, it is hard to cover every angle of properly promoting every project sometimes, but i agree, there's no reason we shouldn't have his sets up as well. I will run the idea by him, letting him know of the grass roots success we have had with doing this for Obsessions. There might be some contract issues with Sirius but its worth running it by him.

Thanks again for your .02

Old Post Jan-07-2009 21:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KennethThomas Click here to Send KennethThomas a Private Message Add KennethThomas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Edwin-L
Junior tranceaddict

Thanks for your prompt reply Kenneth. Will continue check out Obsessions. Good to know it will be on podcast soon. It should provide more exposure to the sets with the search key advantage. What about Perfecto Presents compilations including yours? On your blog entry, you mentioned that you will redo the mix due to some on-going issues with Perfecto releases. Is it impacting Paul to release a Perfecto Presents album as well? Its been a while since Great Wall (The Club is considered to be a soundtrack).

Old Post Jan-07-2009 22:49  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Edwin-L Click here to Send Edwin-L a Private Message Add Edwin-L to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MC_DuDe
Senior tranceaddict

Hello!

Interesting discussion ... over and over again ... and not only in this thread but i guess on the trance (music) forums all over the world.
I really appreciate all the work that is done by Perfecto team in all its projects, especially in making PoT alive (I was a little bit concerned on this issue during numerous rebroadcasts of the same PoT weeks and weeks in a row). By the way, this is still remain unanswered - whether there were repeats of the show or there was Talion team (they made these rips) mistakes.
Its true what Edwin-L had said - I do enjoy the show, and I know Paul is working to bring it to us, so that is fine with me whether its is live (we know it is not ) or made in studio )))))
The question that is kind of bothering me why there is NO official note on this issue? Not even a one ... Even you, Kenneth, like the one who works with Paul, are not saying something like - "Hey, guys, wtF, these all sets are made by Paul by himself" ... You are just saying he is involved in the process ))) Well, as I said it is fine with me.
Will kindly wait for neew PoTs and probably any of your guys (or Paul's) answers

Old Post Jan-08-2009 10:56  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for MC_DuDe Click here to Send MC_DuDe a Private Message Add MC_DuDe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJNeuro1
Supreme tranceaddict

to rephrase what I've said before:

the sets are not live, obvious. What frustrates me is that they LIE right to us, saying they are recordings of live shows. the PoTs sets are great, and I personally think they are put together by Paul b/c it sounds like him. simple enough. but don't tell me that number 12 (or whatever it was) is a recording of the Atlanta show when I was there....lol. many of you have similar stories. I think it's also obvious that a great deal of effort is put into these sets. we're on number 109...wow. that's a consistent, new set featuring popular tunes at the moment, plenty of unreleased stuff and some great new remixes of classics, for like 2 years now! that's amazing. we all wait for the next one, looking for those amazing tracks only Paul can pick. I think we may actually be lucky they're not all live. anyone that's seen Paul enough times has seen him trainwreck, and all the PoT sets are solid - again, obviously not live, but still good stuff.

just my thoughts.
and for the record - THANK YOU to ANYONE involved in the PoT Sirius sets, they have already become legendary. I hope they are many more.

Support Afterhoursdjs

Mixes:
DJ Neuro - Acid Funk [SinCitySyndicate]

Last edited by DJNeuro1 on Jan-08-2009 at 19:32

Old Post Jan-08-2009 15:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJNeuro1 Click here to Send DJNeuro1 a Private Message Visit DJNeuro1's homepage! Add DJNeuro1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
morfeodomenico
Senior tranceaddict

Please kennteh of paul to overcome the contractual issues with sirius because there are fans like me that without the perfecto on tour weekly fail to live !!!!!!!!!!!

the big fan of paul in italy.

PERFECTO ON TOUR FOR EVER

(KENNETH COMPLIMENTS OBSESSION IS FANTASTIC)

Old Post Jan-08-2009 17:54  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for morfeodomenico Click here to Send morfeodomenico a Private Message Add morfeodomenico to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Peerfect0
tranceaddict in training

I agree with you but it would be great to listen to the REAL, LIVE sets he plays recently not only the studio works. There must be difference.

Old Post Jan-08-2009 20:10  Hungary
Click Here to See the Profile for Peerfect0 Click here to Send Peerfect0 a Private Message Add Peerfect0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LittleGoku
tranceaddict

uh...listening to perfecto since the early 90s...I can say Oakenfold plays some unknown bombs live. These sets for the most part have recognizable tunes.

Not a problem with me, just play some tunes like the 2002-04 93.1 Miami Radio show: deep, dirty, and very oakenfoldish. Enuff with the melodic cheese fest.

Hour 1 of Episode 109 sounded promising.

Old Post Jan-09-2009 02:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LittleGoku Click here to Send LittleGoku a Private Message Add LittleGoku to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJNeuro1
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LittleGoku
uh...listening to perfecto since the early 90s...I can say Oakenfold plays some unknown bombs live. These sets for the most part have recognizable tunes.

Not a problem with me, just play some tunes like the 2002-04 93.1 Miami Radio show: deep, dirty, and very oakenfoldish. Enuff with the melodic cheese fest.

Hour 1 of Episode 109 sounded promising.

109 is pretty good, same sound as the rest for most part, IMO. the first track is great. I agree with you about that 'deep' sound Oakey used to have, I miss that.

Support Afterhoursdjs

Mixes:
DJ Neuro - Acid Funk [SinCitySyndicate]

Old Post Jan-09-2009 14:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJNeuro1 Click here to Send DJNeuro1 a Private Message Visit DJNeuro1's homepage! Add DJNeuro1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Tracks Section > Tracklist Requests / Postings > Paul Oakenfold: Perfecto On Tour - Sirius Area 38 [Tracklist Archive]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (73): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSlipmatt Tune from 2000 Liveset in London [2002] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDj Spoke & Vespa 63 present Dream Team - Burning [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread