Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs 2008 Results
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ian
Not dead yet.

best trance djs in that list:

J00F
Nicholas Bennison
Miika Kuisma (Well not as much 'trance' now)
Orkidea

Old Post Oct-24-2008 23:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neo95gt
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Good point. I think those people have basically been bullied out of MD. A few years ago there were huge wars over most of those Top 10 DJs, arguments over whether they were shit or not, posts about "negativity" and so on but they've died down and been replaced by The Deadmau5 Show recently. I guess I was foolish enough to believe that meant those people had matured in taste and experience. I only really browse the top three folders and DJ Promotion these days so there's a large part of this site I don't see.

The Music Discussion forum is an absolute joke. It's nothing but elitists, haters and self proclaimed experts who are actually a bunch of 18 year olders. The rest, bullied out. The loudest people on this forum are the trance haters. However they are obviously outnumbered by the overall TA population. It's a shame because that forum used to be pretty good, well known DJs have even posted about this. Poor moderation.

Old Post Oct-24-2008 23:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neo95gt Click here to Send Neo95gt a Private Message Add Neo95gt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bamski
snuoq ou

quote:
Originally posted by Neo95gt
The Music Discussion forum is an absolute joke. It's nothing but elitists, haters and self proclaimed experts who are actually a bunch of 18 year olders. The rest, bullied out. The loudest people on this forum are the trance haters. However they are obviously outnumbered by the overall TA population. It's a shame because that forum used to be pretty good, well known DJs have even posted about this. Poor moderation.

Then why aren't you here to right the wrongs we do?

Old Post Oct-24-2008 23:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for bamski Click here to Send bamski a Private Message Add bamski to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wax10001
Senior tranceaddict

quote:

actually, its not. im 22 years old, and was listening to trance from 2002 on until mid 2006. but it constantly got worse. i didnt like any vocals and i liked groovy tracks from the beginning on. and there were tracks back then that were groovy and instrumental. but it all got worse, first trance got more and more vocals and after that it adopted the electro cheap housy fart basslines. i never really liked asot & stuff.

so i dont think its a matter of being elitist or so, when we are writing about house and techno and experimental music. its a matter of personal taste and personal engagement. its a shame that the music business (which has adopted trance for some years already) is misleading you to believe that trance is the most advanced and evolved edm. just open your eyes. if you then still like trance its pretty much okay. but theres always other music, kay

Old Post Oct-25-2008 00:05  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for wax10001 Click here to Send wax10001 a Private Message Add wax10001 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fledz
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by DuBam
The TL section is a perfect example of why we (MD & COR) discuss one thing, and the result is another.

All you see is nooby joe random posting all the smilies he can get his hands on, OMG

I'd say that if the poll didn't automatically pop up at every other window from time to time, we'd be looking at something totally different, and the reason is simply that these guys stay the hell away from MD and COR.

And yes, what I'm implying is that the majority of those who voted for Armin, Tijs, PvD and so on are the guys.

Why? So the poll can be dominated by a clear minority and dare I say it "elitist" group of people who can't resist spewing hate about some genre they don't like?

Doing what you're suggesting would only make the poll even more bias and unrepresentative. It would be like holding the US elections in only one state where either of the candidates could win in a landslide.

Sure it would make the MD whores happy but it's not about making you happy.

Old Post Oct-25-2008 00:15  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Fledz Click here to Send Fledz a Private Message Add Fledz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bamski
snuoq ou

quote:
Originally posted by Fledz
Why? So the poll can be dominated by a clear minority and dare I say it "elitist" group of people who can't resist spewing hate about some genre they don't like?

Doing what you're suggesting would only make the poll even more bias and unrepresentative. It would be like holding the US elections in only one state where either of the candidates could win in a landslide.

Sure it would make the MD whores happy but it's not about making you happy.

Hold on Mister, I didn't suggest a goddamn thing. I just pointed out the reason why it is what it is.

And because SYSTEM-J wondered, and I've been wondering the same thing. I'd say that post of yours was pretty offensive, given the fact that it was totally uncalled for.

MD whore? Gimme a break.

Question, have you ever seen me bash trance as a whole? Thought so.

Edit:

quote:
And yes, what I'm implying is that the majority of those who voted for Armin, Tijs, PvD and so on are the :crazy::tongue3:crazy: guys.

I was about to write "the majority of those who voted for the dj's that ended up in the top ten", instead of naming any names.

Guess why?

Last edited by bamski on Oct-25-2008 at 00:37

Old Post Oct-25-2008 00:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for bamski Click here to Send bamski a Private Message Add bamski to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neo95gt
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by wax10001
actually, its not. im 22 years old, and was listening to trance from 2002 on until mid 2006. but it constantly got worse. i didnt like any vocals and i liked groovy tracks from the beginning on. and there were tracks back then that were groovy and instrumental. but it all got worse, first trance got more and more vocals and after that it adopted the electro cheap housy fart basslines. i never really liked asot & stuff.

so i dont think its a matter of being elitist or so, when we are writing about house and techno and experimental music. its a matter of personal taste and personal engagement. its a shame that the music business (which has adopted trance for some years already) is misleading you to believe that trance is the most advanced and evolved edm. just open your eyes. if you then still like trance its pretty much okay. but theres always other music, kay

I like all types of music, I could give a shit about what the genres are. And to say that suddenly all trance is trash is ridiculous. Especially up until 2006. People were saying the same thing in 2006, going back to 2000. And you know what, in 5 years people are gonna be saying how bad trance sucks and how awesome it was in 2008.

Old Post Oct-25-2008 00:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neo95gt Click here to Send Neo95gt a Private Message Add Neo95gt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neo95gt
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by DuBam
Then why aren't you here to right the wrongs we do?

Too busy jerking off on my face, that takes up about 23 hours of my day

Old Post Oct-25-2008 00:30  United States
outofspace
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
10. deadmau5

you sucks guys tbh.

Old Post Oct-25-2008 00:31  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for outofspace Click here to Send outofspace a Private Message Add outofspace to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wax10001
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
And to say that suddenly all trance is trash is ridiculous. Especially up until 2006. People were saying the same thing in 2006, going back to 2000. And you know what, in 5 years people are gonna be saying how bad trance sucks and how awesome it was in 2008.

because they were growing up with fart bass beatport sound. which has no relation to actual vinyl club music at all. and yes, there is a difference. if you like trance, just compare tpod1 and tpod2. tpod1 was much warmer, even if there are some gay vocals in it (you are so digital ). tpod2 is just a collection of random pseudo well fitting tracks. thats because tpod1 has a relation to that older style of dance music, where trance wasnt just an internet phenomenon.. nowadays it is. and with that goes ableton, beatport, and this poll. so yeah. fuck this

Old Post Oct-25-2008 00:36  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for wax10001 Click here to Send wax10001 a Private Message Add wax10001 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by outofspace
you sucks guys tbh.

If you didn't vote you can't complain about the results

Old Post Oct-25-2008 00:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
outofspace
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
If you didn't vote you can't complain about the results

cus i knew the results b4.

Old Post Oct-25-2008 00:40  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for outofspace Click here to Send outofspace a Private Message Add outofspace to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs 2008 Results
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksasha bangkok 1995 last one.. [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackZero Gravity - "A New Sensorium" (HH's Ohral Dub Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread