Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What's new in your crate? [physical/virtual]
Pages (48): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
I sold them to a friend except three.

Were they special records which you kept?

Last edited by Midlothian on Mar-04-2018 at 12:43

Old Post Mar-04-2018 12:34  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Were they special record which you kept?

To me they were and still are:

1. BBE - Seven Days and One Week
I was the first to order it at a tiny record shop in Belgium where many local DJ's bought their records. I heard it at the Club Real in Tongeren (B), a cool dark, maybe typical Belgian club at the time. Just noticed the shop (20 years later) still exists Disk Kid in Rekem. I must have been among the first in Holland to own it.
2. Nylon Moon - Sky Plus (over the Sky) Posted it on Youtube as first one. A beautiful dreamy piano trancer.
3. Face The Phase - Face The Phase II
Had to search long to find it, heard it at the Peppermill in Heerlen were we were regular visitors on Saturday, not Hardcore Fridays, where the club was known for. It's a track that works far more better in a club on a decent sound system than at home.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Mar-04-2018 12:49  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

My father and my uncle used to DJ, so I always had CD players and 1200's in my room growing up. They had a hefty collection of mainstream music on CD and vinyl so I got into the formats early on. I didn't really start collecting on my own until early 2004, and from there's it's been full on hoarding without any pauses.

I often buy collections in bulk from sellers (mostly) in Stockholm. It's a great way to get to know new and old music, and I usually keep what I want and sell the rest. My main focus is collecting old (mostly 90s) techno, electro, house, idm, jungle, acid, ambient and similar styles.

On Discogs and other sources, I usually buy mid-90s compilations and cd singles to get full versions of specific tracks. Even if I have the complete vinyl version, I prefer having the full length version in .wav format ripped from CD for my own library.

When I purchase files online, nowadays, it's only .wav. If I'm going to pay for a digital file, I want the full thing, not a lossy mp3. I'm no audiophile, and I probably won't hear any difference, but I want to build a complete .wav collection of every track I like. It will never be complete, and that's a challenge I really enjoy. The library is linked to my CDJs so I can play the tracks without digging out the CD from the shelves.

I'm trying to buy less physical and more digital at the moment, because space is limited. Not everything's listed on Discogs yet, but I would estimate the collection to north of 8000 physical units.

Old Post Mar-04-2018 17:21  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

My music collection currently looks like this:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2118127861537359&set=a.1861174053899409.1073741826.100000204961454&type=3&theater

With a side of this:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2118128058204006&set=a.1861174053899409.1073741826.100000204961454&type=3&theater

I'd be buried in vinyl if these were all records (re: albums, DJ mixes, and compilations broken down into the EPs the tunes often came from). That's a format I dare not start collecting, because a CD buying habit is bad enough. I'm astounded dudes like DJ Tsunami even has storage for all the records he buys. Guy's gotta' have a shed or something by now.

(~)

Old Post Mar-04-2018 22:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Genuine question:

Apart from DJ Tsunami, who would presumably singlehandedly manage to prevent the likes of ebay and discogs from toppling, and a few others posting recently, how many of you regulars still keep collections of / play / purchase vinyl records (to DJ with / to listen / for aesthetic reasons)? Anyone hunt rare vinyl releases, even when money is perhaps mostly spent on digital files and perhaps the odd CD? Having just purchased a couple of older records myself, and having had a proper look around on discogs, I can imagine it's tempting (to say the least) to bulk buy records, with so many great releases from such glorious progressive years like 2001, for instance, often apparently near-mint, going for next to nothing.

Just curious to see what especially those of you on here who are clearly very knowledgeable about both current and past electronic music are up to in this respect.

I have spent about £3000+ on vinyl in 2017 buying back vinyls I sold when I was younger and stupid.

I had began collecting WAV files from CDs and now I got them all I began to buy vinyl to rip those I couldnt get on CD or Beatport.

Then I discovered some tracks where upon ripping in 96kHz I heard elements of tracks I never heard before.

So then I had to buy everything on vinyl and rip it 96kHz. Then I had to buy an ultrasonic cleaner to make sure I was getting a high quality rip.

My last vinyl purchase (single 12") cost me £300 but it is one of the rarest records Oakenfold ever played so it was worth it as far as I am concerned.

These were my last two purchases, getting more expensive now as this stuff is rare not even mp3 rips of either out there!

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post Mar-05-2018 00:15  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Dude, 96k is nonsense for listening purposes. Anything above 44.1/48k and 16 bit lossless doesn't actually change fidelity, just the noisefloor, which is completely imperceptible with digital anyways.

I started buying vinyl around 2011. I'm at a bit over a thousand now, I think. I haven't been buying that much in the past year for various reasons but i'll get back into it eventually.

Old Post Mar-05-2018 02:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
Dude, 96k is nonsense for listening purposes. Anything above 44.1/48k and 16 bit lossless doesn't actually change fidelity, just the noisefloor, which is completely imperceptible with digital anyways.

Yes my post wasnt well explained.

I just prefer 32/96 for ripping as I can then take it into Izotope RX5 at the highest quality recording level and detail and remove electrical hum and surface noise and any remaining pops/clicks.

I will export then at 16/48 for listening.

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post Mar-05-2018 11:28  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

A lot of stuff arrived in the mail this week. It was like Xmas for 5 days!

Mick Chillage - Harmonic Connections
Kubinski - Life Boy
Toxic Synther - Technocracy Assassins
Advanced UFO Phantom - Alliance Of Worlds
Castroe - Serum
Beatbox Machinery - Glam Nights
John Beltran - Everything At Once
Peter Broderick - Partners
Islands At Night - Ruebke
Pleq & Segue - The Seed
Kevin Yost - Fundamentals: The Best of The Early Years
Kevin Yost & Peter Funk - Beatkilla 2
Hyperdub 10.x Box Set (four compilations, six CDs total)

And of course, a beauty shot of it all.

(~)

Last edited by Sykonee on Mar-09-2018 at 22:22

Old Post Mar-09-2018 22:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

BT - Remember EP

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Mar-16-2018 18:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Vinyl. Many are duplicates which I hope I'll be able to sell

Octave One - The "X" Files
Octave One - The Living Key
Octave One - Cymbolic
Scan 7 - Dark Territory
UR* - Dark Energy
Audio Science - Skydiver
Love Inc. - New Jack City
The Bloom Of Gutter* ( The B.O.G. ) & U-Matic-X - The Patterns Of Force
Eternal Basement - Taking Place In You
Silicium (2) - Nowhere E.P.
D.O.M. - Voltage Control EP
Blue Planet Corporation - The Second EP
RAC - Tangents
S.J* - Fever
Mono Junk / Detroit Diesel - Auto Acid EP
Sonar Audio Research - 101 Science Experiments Vol1
Hallucinogen - Fluoro Neuro Sponge / Astral Pancakes
Bassline Baby - Tits'N'Ass EP
Virtual Obsession / SFX - Trust In Trance
Freddie Fresh* - Thought Process
Bad Man - Lover Man
Alici* - The Return EP
XP - Ground Hog
Edone - Tika
Paranoïde Substance - Data Entry
Woody McBride - Rattlesnake
DJ Hell* - Three Degrees Kelvin / Like That!
Psychoacoustic (3) - Tribal
PA Presents* - Flight Stimulator
Various Artists* - Superstition Meets Planet E / Basel
D.M.A. (3) - D.M.A.
Lunar Module - Mental Acid Trilogy (Part 1)
Dubdog vs. Slack (2) - Outside In
Various - Sweden Goes Hardcore II
1016 - Distress Signal
DJ Bountyhunter - III
Transits Of Tone - Ark 003 / Obione
Total Eclipse - Aliens / Sound Is Solid
Woody McBride - Bad Acid - No Such Thing
Various - Trance Dance
Various - Acid House Disco
Various - Danger Zone Volume One - Kiss The Razor's Edge
Various - Hit The Decks Volume Two - The Battle Of The DJ's - The Ultimate Hardcore Megamix
Marusha - Over The Rainbow
Various - We Call It Hallucinates
The Art Of Noise - In No Sense? Nonsense!
Various - Country Code 46 - The Best Of Northern Dance Culture
Zodiac Trax - Zodiac Trax Volume 2
Structure (4) - Emergency
Union Jack - Two Full Moons & A Trout
Astral Projection - Mahadeva
X-Crash - Descension E.P.
Mike Dearborn - Unpredictable
Drax - Drax Ltd. II
DJ Hud - Modulation & Filtering Techniques - Modular Moog Edition 1967
Various - Bliss Point: Sampler
DBX - Losing Control
Various - Cyberspace 2 (The Journey)
Walker* - Don't Fuck With Cologne
AstroCat* - Phase Two
Bandulu - Presence
Tim Taylor & Dan Zamani - Planet Of Drums
Mike Dred - Kosmik Konundrums
Astral Projection - Power Gen EP

Old Post Mar-20-2018 19:19  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by lacksesepsotygh
Vinyl. Many are duplicates which I hope I'll be able to sell

Duplicates? Or... 'dubplate'-cates!

(yeah, no...)

(~)

Old Post Mar-20-2018 19:25  Canada
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Actually, another genuine question to you all:

When using Beatport or something similar, do you purchase 320 MP3s, or always WAVs?

320s. I really don't see the point of WAVs. I've heard Sasha say he only DJ's with 320 MP3s, because the difference even on a world class soundsystem is negligible.

I probably buy about 30-40 tunes from Beatport every month on average. I generally wait until they have a 50% sale and then raze my hold bin. I can't be bothered typing up MP3 purchases in this thread though, especially the weapons I want to use in sets.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Mar-20-2018 20:15  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What's new in your crate? [physical/virtual]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (48): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktune in Innercity Game [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWay Out West - "Ajare" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread