Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Re: Re: Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
How much is petrol there? It's $1.60 a litre here for regular unleaded Total bullshit.

It peaked to $2.70 this week due to the strike, but last time I filled up it cost $1.23 a litre... Which is not expensive by comparison, but income is the problem here.

According to Bloomberg, the average Aussie pays equivalent of 0.65% of a day's wage to afford a litre of petrol. Here in Brazil it takes 4.62% of a day’s wages to afford the same litre.... so we feel the pinch as if it cost $11.36 in Brisbane.

This makes Mad Max a lot more believable, I'm sure.

Old Post May-26-2018 00:58  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Re: Re: Re: Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
It peaked to $2.70 this week due to the strike, but last time I filled up it cost $1.23 a litre... Which is not expensive by comparison, but income is the problem here.

According to Bloomberg, the average Aussie pays equivalent of 0.65% of a day's wage to afford a litre of petrol. Here in Brazil it takes 4.62% of a day’s wages to afford the same litre.... so we feel the pinch as if it cost $11.36 in Brisbane.

This makes Mad Max a lot more believable, I'm sure.

Ah wow, ok. That puts it in perspective then. Hope you guys get it sorted out!

Old Post May-26-2018 02:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm in Poland for the weekend. The weather's even better here than it has been in the UK.

I'm here for a christening, but I've made it clear that I must watch the Champion's League final this evening. Our flight was full of rowdy Liverpool fans en route to Kiev. They even got on the announcement system singing Allez Allez Allez. I've got a funny feeling they're going to win it. Everything feels possible in this crazy summer heat.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-26-2018 07:10  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

I cannot fucking wait. I don't want to jinx it but I think Liverpool can actually steal it, I mean, they are scourers after all.

Old Post May-26-2018 14:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M

But be warned as at 1:26 seconds hurts even when just watching

Ooof, that made me wince. You'd think they put a bollock protecter on the damn thing.

Happy Birthday by the Way!!!!

Old Post May-26-2018 14:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Our flight was full of rowdy Liverpool fans en route to Kiev. They even got on the announcement system singing Allez Allez Allez.

The European supporters are probably the thing I miss the most about the World Cup. Went to the airport to run errands one day, and I nearly got swept away by a big red sea of Swiss supporters, all armed with cow bells and giant cheese hats. The South Americans were all pretty nice too. And everyone else, really.

I miss the World Cup

Old Post May-26-2018 16:00  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

So much for the Triathlon tomorrow. Had a major bike wreck during a training ride this morning. My head slammed the ground at full speed. Luckily only my wrist is sprained and the rest is just scrapes and bruises. But that cracked styrofoam could have been my skull. Wear your helmets, people.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-26-2018 16:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Phew, glad to know you were wearing your helmet! Hopefully your wrist will be okay in no time

Old Post May-26-2018 17:00  Brazil
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Ugh, I get so annoyed when people do not wear helmets whilst biking/skiing/snowboarding. Glad you were doing so, Nick, and I hope your recovery is swift!

Today I was 'enjoying' the weather in my local park with my better half, ie I was slathering myself in sunscreen every ten minutes and trying unsuccessfully to read a book (The Gilded Stage: A Social History of Opera, highly recommended if you are an Opera fan) whilst around us annoying nubile women threw a disc at each other with poor accuracy.

Old Post May-26-2018 18:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

The European supporters are probably the thing I miss the most about the World Cup. Went to the airport to run errands one day, and I nearly got swept away by a big red sea of Swiss supporters, all armed with cow bells and giant cheese hats. The South Americans were all pretty nice too. And everyone else, really.

I miss the World Cup

My people! (well sortof, the Missus is Swiss). The Swiss are some of the most intensely patriotic people you'll ever meet but not in an oppressive/right wing/douche way.

I think they might do alright in the footy if they get out of the group of death lol.

Old Post May-26-2018 18:31 
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Phew, glad to know you were wearing your helmet! Hopefully your wrist will be okay in no time

How about LeBron last night? Pretty unbelievable. G7 might be legendary if he could pull it off without Kevin Love.

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Ugh, I get so annoyed when people do not wear helmets whilst biking/skiing/snowboarding. Glad you were doing so, Nick, and I hope your recovery is swift!

Yes that irritates me too. It also pisses me off when people walk/run with traffic instead of against. Luckily I'm not a complete idiot!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-26-2018 18:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
So much for the Triathlon tomorrow. Had a major bike wreck during a training ride this morning. My head slammed the ground at full speed. Luckily only my wrist is sprained and the rest is just scrapes and bruises. But that cracked styrofoam could have been my skull. Wear your helmets, people.

Ouch, that sucks. I wish you a speedy recovery!

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Ooof, that made me wince. You'd think they put a bollock protecter on the damn thing.

Happy Birthday by the Way!!!!

Thanks a lot!!

When my colleague showed it one of my other colleagues said:"So that easily could have been you!" He said he already passed it a lot of times, but running that close to each other wasn't very smart. Afterwards indeed you would say it needs an additional protector. The damn think was right in front of the speaker who saw it happening as he's says that he got hit in the worst possible place...

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-26-2018 19:05  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCicada - "The Things You Say" (Dirty South Remix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread