Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > WMC Events Masterlist Thread 2015
Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
PatMcGroin
lost

at a few things in this thread.

Old Post Feb-28-2015 05:56  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
I'll make sure to pass on your concerns to the guy who started the site.

lol i just fucking died.

Old Post Feb-28-2015 15:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PVDream
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Another helpful resource to sort through parties is:

http://miamimusicweek.com/

Though it does not list any parties on Monday or beforehand nor does it list any parties that do not have the official MMW badging on their flyers (though I haven't seen many if any of those so far this year). Honestly, I like this website a lot. A whole lot. When the whole MMW thing came out a few years ago, I thought it was kinda silly, like it was competing against WMC. But MMW has really just tied the parties together and left the actual WMC out of it. With this website, everything is consolidated by an official organization complete with ticket links and flyers, sortable by days of the week.

Easy to navigate, modern, cool site too.

Thank you. Very helpful.

So, just wondering, is mmw supposed to appeal to patrons while wmc is geared more toward dj's?

Old Post Feb-28-2015 16:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PVDream Click here to Send PVDream a Private Message Add PVDream to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by PVDream
Thank you. Very helpful.

So, just wondering, is mmw supposed to appeal to patrons while wmc is geared more toward dj's?

In a nutshell, yeah.

Winter Music Conference started in the 80s as a way for DJs to get together somewhere warm and nice to bounce ideas off each other to inspire and grow the music. Think seminars and workshops, and networking.

Of course the DJs and producers loved to party so there were parties.

Got so big that the actual conference itself was dwarfed by all the parties it had spawned. Ultra, all the Space parties, SoBe clubs, massive raves like Ice Palace, etc. So a business opportunity presented itself...create the MMW thing, brand it, license it. So that's what Miami Music Week is. It's a way for a company to make money by organizing (more like compiling) the parties, pretty much.

However I as well as many others who have been going for years still just say WMC. It's WMC to me and probably always will be.

Old Post Feb-28-2015 19:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I really hate to say this but....n00b.

Only reason I'm even on this site is because of the FL forum. Literally found it while searching for events when I first got into the music 5 years ago. I have posted a few times in the main forum and several times in the NY forum, but no, I have not looked back at the archives of tranceaddict so as to gain a deeper knowledge of the site. Silly me.

Old Post Feb-28-2015 19:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Innocence Lost
Uptight Biatch,..

Well you were kinda harsh telling swamper go back wherever it was he came from, so.

Old Post Mar-01-2015 04:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Innocence Lost Click here to Send Innocence Lost a Private Message Add Innocence Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rissinite
Supreme tranceaddict

This is a music message board dudes, why so serious? I think it was a pretty honest "mistake" if you even want to call it that. By no means is UCF a dick, and by the same token, while Swamper is the man of the boards, he is not God. Dixon is 😉

Carry on...

Last edited by Rissinite on Mar-01-2015 at 06:02

Old Post Mar-01-2015 05:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Rissinite Click here to Send Rissinite a Private Message Add Rissinite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pakmayne
tranceaddict in training

it's cool how this board sees a revival around March, so ready for the Miami sunshine, winter's taking a toll on me.....

So just a couple of quick questions

1. I'm thinking about checking out the Suara Pool Party at Dream- I've never been to this venue, any thoughts?

2. Any word from the French Express guys? (I know Rathsman is doing a show with Disclosure on Friday but any updates re. Tichauer or Moonboots?)

3. Any word on the Pacha Ibiza Pool Party? What about anything on a Desolat party- GUTI?

4. Do you think the Hot Creations Crew (JJ, Richy Ahmed, wAFF) will be doing a pool party? If so, when?

Thanks

Old Post Mar-01-2015 19:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pakmayne Click here to Send pakmayne a Private Message Add pakmayne to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Rissinite
This is a music message board dudes, why so serious? I think it was a pretty honest "mistake" if you even want to call it that. By no means is UCF a dick, and by the same token, while Swamper is the man of the boards, he is not God. Dixon is 😉

Carry on...

Hahaha, I'm just fucking around. BUT IF YOU VENTURED AWAY FROM YOUR LITTLE SUBFORUM YOU'D PROBABLY KNOW THAT.

Old Post Mar-01-2015 20:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rissinite
Supreme tranceaddict

Wow!

Old Post Mar-01-2015 23:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Rissinite Click here to Send Rissinite a Private Message Add Rissinite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by Rissinite

Wow!

That lineup does not suck.

Old Post Mar-02-2015 00:13 
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
lmao

I've seen this dude post like once in my four years here and now he's all about trying to "fix" our forum for WMC. We got this, dude. Go back to wherever it is you came from please.

lol.

PS. I am an "out of town-er", i would prefer the separate event listings. but whatever. what do i matter, right?

Old Post Mar-02-2015 00:27  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > WMC Events Masterlist Thread 2015
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback'sProg. ID from 2001 [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDj Quicksilver - Bellisima [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread